fast food delivery at resorts, camps, beach

I was at camp the other day and had taken a cooler with drinks and a snack but guess not enough snack and not the weekend when they do cook burgers and hot dogs got me thinking about food delivery like grub hub and such. the camp I go to is in the stick I'd don't think the town even has a restaurant . so anyone reside at or even when visiting had food delivered ? did they come to your residence , camper or pool area or did you have to go to office . I know the fancy resorts have restaurants but most I visit are out in the boonies . or are you a delivery person that has delivered to nudist resorts and maybe that's how you became interested in the nudist lifestyle.

This topic was edited
RE:fast food delivery at resorts, camps, beach

Two years ago we were at Lake Como when they were having problems with their exhaust fan in the kitchen, so they could only make cold items like sandwiches. For one meal we ordered a pizza from Marcos. We were told they would deliver directly to the bar, but we just had it delivered to our room at the motel onsite. We left a good tip as we do with the Uber drivers who are willing to enter the front gate. It hasnt happened yet, but if we get a driver who doesnt want to go beyond the gate we will leave a much smaller tip (its a long way from the gate to the office at Como, especially carrying our bags or a pizza that is cooling off). At Cypress Cove we know a driver who lives at the resort, so we never have to worry about Uber drivers, and there are restaurants directly across the street if we get bored with the food onsite.

For our home camp (Solair in CT) it is a 5 or so mile ride to the nearest restaurant, so I dont know if Uber Eats or DoorDash even delivers that far. If so I would think the delivery would be to the office.

This post was edited

Oi r office doesnt take any kinds of deliveries for members food or otherwise

If so I would think the delivery would be to the office.

This post was edited

Oi r office doesnt take any kinds of deliveries for members food or otherwiseIf so I would think the delivery would be to the office.

What resort is that?

This post was edited

Food deliveries of this sort are delivered to the office at our club. We have ordered pizza from other resorts and clubs. All of them have the delivery person either bring the food to the office or gate and the office staff will deliver it the rest of the way.

I have on occasion, however, gone to the office wearing a sarong and been there when our food has arrived. With update text messages on your delivery, I could anticipate approximate arrival. I can take our car down to the office and minimize the food cooling down too much.

This post was edited