Courtesy Towels

We ALWAYS use a towel when sitting on furniture when we're nude ... No matter where we are. This is especially true when we're relaxing at home or when I'm working in my home office (40 to 50 hours a week).

I always understood that courtesy towels are one of the basic tenets of nude etiquette, but I get the impression that a lot of nudists are not all that concerned with them.

Just wondering what the general opinion is on TN.

Do you use courtesy towels?

Does it matter to you?

How would you feel if a nudist friend was to visit your home and not use a towel on your furniture?

Would you be grossed out if you sat on furniture knowing that nudists often used without towels?

This topic was edited
RE: Courtesy Towels

Towel usage is basic Nudist 101

This post was edited

Exactly ... Nudism 101 !
But even our closest friends, also nudists, can forget to bring or pack towels. We have a pool and hot tub. My wife buys new towels each Spring when they go on sale at Target. She keeps a basket of towels handy whenever we have nudist friends coming over and they are always handy when we have guests using the pool.
Even if we didn't have those, there are always spare bath towels that work just as well. If your guests don't bring them, offer one to them. :-)

This post was edited

When at home I use towels on all chairs that have a fabric seat. Leather/wood seats not so much, I find using a towel on a wooden kitchen chair is an exercise in frustration as it slides around and gets caught under the feet and falls off when you stand. We do have a few kitchen chairs with cushion tied to the seat back, but not all chairs have this.
When visiting other nudists I have seen both ends of the towel spectrum. Some nudists use and provide towels at all times all over the home, get new towels if there is any towel confusion. On the other end of the spectrum I remember visiting one nudists home and looked around for a towel and they said "it's OK go ahead and sit down we don't use a towel" and it was a fabric couch. It felt a bit weird at first, I suppose its whatever you are used to.

This post was edited

Exactly ... Nudism 101 !But even our closest friends, also nudists, can forget to bring or pack towels. We have a pool and hot tub. My wife buys new towels each Spring when they go on sale at Target. She keeps a basket of towels handy whenever we have nudist friends coming over and they are always handy when we have guests using the pool.Even if we didn't have those, there are always spare bath towels that work just as well. If your guests don't bring them, offer one to them. :-)Yup! Gotta have them and you will sit on them not on the plain furniture, even if is a wood top bar stool a towel will be there.

This post was edited

i have always thought that towels used for this purpose should be two-toned. that is, say the towel is blue. it should be dark blue on one side and light blue on the other. that way one can decide easily "which side is up." i imagine if i ever get enough money to start my own nudist B&B, that i would get this type of towel for my guests to use.

This post was edited

We ALWAYS use a towel when sitting on furniture when we're nude ... No matter where we are. This is especially true when we're relaxing at home or when I'm working in my home office (40 to 50 hours a week).I always understood that courtesy towels are one of the basic tenets of nude etiquette, but I get the impression that a lot of nudists are not all that concerned with them.Just wondering what the general opinion is on TN. Do you use courtesy towels? Does it matter to you? How would you feel if a nudist friend was to visit your home and not use a towel on your furniture?Would you be grossed out if you sat on furniture knowing that nudists often used without towels?

This post was edited