VPNs and the chat room

I'm outside of the US currently and have to use a VPN to access TN. I can get to everything except for the chat. It tries to load but times out every time. Has anyone else tried using TN through a VPN and had success entering the chat? It be nice to have some other nudists to chat with to help pass the time. Thanks for the help!

This topic was edited
RE: VPNs and the chat room

I was rarely able to use the chat room on my previous internet service because it wasn't fast enough. Even now, sometimes I can't get in. VPNs really slow down access and you might just be out of luck. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

This post was edited

I may be able to help you get to the HTML5 version of chat, not the flash version.
Instructions are for desktops and laptops, NOT mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones.

This post was edited

Depends on lot on the internet connection speed of the service you are connecting through. If they are using DSL, then no you will probably never get in, but if they are using cable or fiber it should be possible. just depends on how the VPN is routing your internet connection. i think there is a cell phone app version of the chat system as well that you could use. i havent tried it in awhile, but i seem to recall it worked pretty well. I only use VPN to connect to my office network for troubleshooting. When i setup the VPN, i usually keep my browser traffic out of it, because it can slow both internet connections down. but if you are in a place that blocks TN, you may not have any other choice.

This post was edited

I appreciate all of the responses. The HTML5 version of chat might be my only option since it's not looking like I'm going to have any luck with the flash version.

This post was edited

Flash creates it's own networking in addition to your browser. Your
VPN setup might be interfering with flash.

Anyway ...

1. Disable the flash plugin from your browser.
2. Proceed to a website that uses flash video and confirm. Flash
video should not play.

3. Log in to TN
4. Put a finger on the ESC key. You will use this to stop the
browser from loading the page.
5. Click CHAT

6. The moment you see the message "YOU DO NOT HAVE ADOBE FLASH
INSTALLED. You can either install ..blah blah ... or use our HTML5
chat blah blah..."
7. Press ESC

That message will only be there for a second or two. It's going to
be quick.

You should be looking at this screen similar to this. Take note of
red circles.
www.dropbox.com/s/bhsv18rqwz5m7rd/TN_PreChatScreen1.jpg

Click the ''Use our HTML5 Chat room Without Webcam Support''
link.

If you miss your window of opportunity, either connection too fast
or finger too slow on the ESC key, despair not.

Your window should look similar to this. Take note of red
circle.
www.dropbox.com/s/3a3rcj3snluhjwl/TN_PreChatScreen2.jpg

8. Clicking ''TRUE NUDISTS'' link will take you to HTML5 chat
room.

This post was edited

ConnorJr...I really appreciate you taking the time to show me how to do that. I disabled the flash plugin and selected the HTML5 chat, but it still isn't working. I guess there is something in the VPN that is blocking it or my connection is slowing to the point that chat won't work. It was worth a shot, but it looks like I'll just have to wait until I get back home.

This post was edited

It could be that your VPN blocks IPv6 as its known to cause DNS leaks, this may affect your ability to use the HTML5 chat on TN.
Is it possible to just use a proxy rather than VPN to get round the block on this site? There are browser proxy plug-ins that work well.

This post was edited