<< < 1 > >>   Page of 1
caster1

caster1

Topless [57] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | South Carolina United States | 55 & 53

Clothing optional Party

New here, first post.
Anyone ever thrown an optional party? How'd the first one go?
We are around 50 and while I'm an avid nudist my wife is morereserved about it. We have a fairly private pool area and arethinking ofhavinga clothing optional partysome evening, it'd be our first. We want our guest to know up front we plan on getting nude and would like for them to as well, but we have no idea how it will be recieved up front. Several attempts at getting them to ditch the swim suits at the pool usually ends up with me having to put mine on, so we thought an announced party lets them know up front what's going on. If they decline we know, they attend, well...party ison.
Figure with nothing but torch lights around the pool and string lights here and there it's give a good dim light mood.
Finger food and drinks, no sit down dinner or anything.
Biggest issue will obviously be our friends, not sure how many are game for something like this. One couplewe know would even though we've never interacted nude with them, their nudist around their pool all the time as well,the other two not so sure of. Like to have 3-4 couples total if possible to make it worth while.
We're all 40-50, they know we're nudist, one iffy couple probably would since they just got back from a resort with a nude beach (first time) and said they got used to it, the last couple probably would if the others did, it'd be a new experience for them.
Based on the nude beaches and resort parties I've been to women wear thin sarongs or a see through cover shirt only when they're not in the pool, men would wear nothing or unbuttoned hawaiian type shirts, which is what my wife and I wear when we visit them.usually we wear nothing lounging or in the pool,but usually put something on to mill about, but not always.
Based on that we could tell the other couples what to bring to make them more comfortable. It is after all "optional" or should we approach each couple first to gauge their interest?
How did your first private optional party go, either throwing it or attending someone elses?
NudeInMA

NudeInMA

Ultra Nudist [4873] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Berkshires, Massachusetts United States | 72

Nudism is the Great Equalizer. It is impossible to put on airs when one is nude.-- NudeInMA<br>

RE: Clothing optional Party

TNWelcome2.png

TNWelcome2.png

img.photobucket.com

I'd suggest contacting CheriDonna by PM. She's another South Carolinian and is the grand poobah of the Travelites, a non-landed nudist club that often hosts nude parties. She's a fountain of knowledge,

Peace!

Update: it appears that our resident experts have contributed their usual valuable insight. Excellent!
gabare

gabare

Super Nudist [1925] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | ---, Georgia United States | 59

if you send out a invitation i would note a clothing optional party but nude in the pool, for those uncomfortable nude but still interested the darkness will give them a chance to slip in and enjoy the party especially if other encourage them, if left clothing optional they will be left in their bathing suits and not part of the nudism experience.
snugglebunny

snugglebunny

Ultra Nudist [2661] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | In A Valley In, Connecticut United States | 54 & 51

Have you signed? The Nudist Bill of Rights

Our first nude dinner party went very well. But every one we invited were nudists. A suggestion would be for you to invite your friends to a skinny-dip party.I also agree 100% with what CoguyCO posted regarding being very clear about it not being a sexfest or not using C/O as a euphamism.

As far as Nude Beaches are concerned Ican tell you that whenever we've been to a nude beach, the only time a sarong was worn by me or clothing worn by my husbandwas the walk from the parking lot to the beach. Once we pass the "nudists beyond this point" signeverything comes off andnothing goes back on until it's time to leave.Same for the nudist clubs and resorts we've been too. Unless, of course, it gets really cold. Nude where possible, clothed when practical.

Jen
limestone26

limestone26

Undies Only [131] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Tampa, Florida United States | 55

I had a nude party at my house several years ago. I talked to my friends about nude parties and eliminated those that said no. Sent out the invitations via email and everyone came.My party wasn't clothing optional however - nude start to finish.A couple of people who had said no later told me they wish they had come. They didn't come because of fear of social nudity and regreted missing the opportunity to try it.
caster1

caster1

Flag Quote Reply

Thanks for the quick replies.
We're having most of the couples over this weekend fora July 4th cookout at the pool, since it'll carry over into the evening I'll bring up skinny dipping. Butan initialskinny dipping party sounds like a nice "youthful" sounding way to get started instead of a clothing optional party.
Definitely not looking for any type swinging parties. We just like to shed the clothes.
The wife and I would like to meet more nudist in the area, since we don't have that many friends our close friends are the only ones we know to invite. Meeting and having more couples for a later party that could also recipricate would be nice.
Cheri_Donna

Cheri_Donna

Ultra Nudist [4754] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Female | Hopkins, South Carolina United States | 67

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism.
http://www.travelites.info

Welcome to TrueNudists. It's a pretty good community. It's always great seeing other Carolinians on here..
I am the founder and director of Travelites, now in its 24th year. We have over 100 members at this point. Please email me if you'd like to have the club's information packet. You can email travelites@prodigy.net or me at cheridonna@prodigy.net - I respond to all club email within 24 hours. It would be great to have another pool among our members' ammenities.
Be careful having a nude party without being part of an organization. Should someone drink too much and have an autowreck on the way home or anything else, you would be held responsible. I have learned through others' actions over the years.
Best regards, Cheri
johnwsliger

johnwsliger

Undies Only [132] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Taft, California United States | 67

My wife is a nudist, also. However, she takes medication that causes her to have a sensitivity to the sun and burns easily. When we go to a nudist venue, she stays nude as long as she can without becoming damaged (which is what happens when she REALY burns). Then seh covers up until she feels she can stand another dose, she is in the shade, or the sun goes down. When a person covers up, don't judge too fast. There are quite a few with similar problems.

John
snugglebunny

snugglebunny

Flag Quote Reply

My wife is a nudist, also. However, she takes medication that causes her to have a sensitivity to the sun and burns easily. When we go to a nudist venue, she stays nude as long as she can without becoming damaged (which is what happens when she REALY burns). Then seh covers up until she feels she can stand another dose, she is in the shade, or the sun goes down. When a person covers up, don't judge too fast. There are quite a few with similar problems.
John

Sounds like a good case of "Nude when possible, clothed when practical" to me!

Jen
caster1

caster1

Flag Quote Reply

Oh shoot, I thought this was a political party, lol.

Well... In South Carolina it is.
i2gobare

i2gobare

[49] | 5 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Female | Jackson, New Jersey United States | 56

"Our first nude dinner party went very well. But every one we invited were nudists."
And what a lovely dinner party it was.... it was my first nude dinner party. Even though I've been a nudist for over 20 yrs (mostly home and a beach girl), I just discovered social nudism about7 yrs ago with resorts and clubs. The dinner party was great, nice mix of people, met some new friends, and took the plunge into the snow angel club.
I agree with all the others about being specific and clear as to what the party is about and what is expected.... If these people are new to the concept of public nudity you should make them as comfortable as possible. You may also need to make sure each brings their own towel and explain the towel thing to them.

Good luck
snugglebunny

snugglebunny

Flag Quote Reply

"Our first nude dinner party went very well. But every one we invited were nudists."

And what a lovely dinner party it was.... it was my first nude dinner party. Even though I've been a nudist for over 20 yrs (mostly home and a beach girl), I just discovered social nudism about7 yrs ago with resorts and clubs. The dinner party was great, nice mix of people, met some new friends, and took the plunge into the snow angel club.
I agree with all the others about being specific and clear as to what the party is about and what is expected.... If these people are new to the concept of public nudity you should make them as comfortable as possible. You may also need to make sure each brings their own towel and explain the towel thing to them.

Good luck

Thanks i2gobare, you always make everything we do much more fun!

Caster, I should have mentioned, everyone we invited, we met here on TN.

Jen
DesertRat

DesertRat

Ultra Nudist [2067] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Phoenix, Arizona United States | 66 & 69

Clothing optional Party

Caster1, I hope you've had several parties by now since this was originally posted 8 months ago. I see that you've also posted about 57 other posts since then so you must be getting to know you way around. I hope that all of your parties are indoors during these winter months. Stay warm, stay nude, stay happy.
pjcsi1958

pjcsi1958

Undies Only [131] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Huguenot, New York United States | 56

all partys sould be clothing opp. thats just my thought
SomeSunFun

SomeSunFun

Textile [3] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Robbinsville, New Jersey United States | 50 & 51

I notice that this is an old thread.  Was wondering how it went - if you had one or many?  We are in NJ....I want a nude dinner party think it will be so much fun!
ManOfWicklow

ManOfWicklow

Ultra Nudist [14561] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Nr Tamworth, But Originally From Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom | 63

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.

I notice that this is an old thread.  Was wondering how it went - if you had one or many?  We are in NJ....I want a nude dinner party think it will be so much fun!
Yes it is indeed an old thread, and if you checked the OP's profile. You would see he last signed in here two years ago, so he is unlikely to reply to your question.
sunnmaxx

sunnmaxx

Super Nudist [556] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | W. Des Moines, Iowa United States | 52 & 36

Hope they are still having more parties
ATLdavis

ATLdavis

Undies Only [145] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Atlanta, Georgia United States | 53

Several years ago, a friend of mine had a naked party.  It was a lot of fun!  The core of the group was a men's naked yoga group, so many of the guys had seen each other nude lots of times.  Some of the yoga class invited friends (like me) who were not part of the group.  It was just a fun time.  I was a stranger to almost all the people there, but as is typical, it seems to be easier to get to know people when I am nude.  The party was entirely non-sexual, aside from a couple of mildly naughty jokes and comments, and felt very comfortable.  It was a success to me because expectations were set--nudity was OK, sexuality was not, and because there was a core group that was comfortable being nude together.
jerryandbillye

jerryandbillye

Textile [1] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Aledo, Texas United States | 66 & 73

My wife and i have a nudest pool party every month from April till October and always put it out as clothing optional and almost every one gets naekkid eventually. we have from 30 to 50 nekkid people in oue backyard partie. In facrt having one april 20th. Never been an issue for the nudist or non nudist
KouakCFI

KouakCFI

Undies Only [186] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Mid-, North Carolina United States | 56

I would propose a pool party and mention skinny-dipping permitted after 10PM.  That would allow all of your friends to stay as long as they want and even talk amongst themselves.  Even if they don't stay until 10 that night, they may still ask if they can come back later when they have more time.
sunnmaxx

sunnmaxx

Super Nudist [556] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | W. Des Moines, Iowa United States | 52 & 36

We have been hosting nude parties for years and had groups up to about 40 prople.  Love it and plan one next month.  Try a theme like appetizers only, or board games.  The large size Junga is fun but hard on bare toes.
<< < 1 > >>   Page of 1