Camping--how do you do it?

Last time we went to Lone Star Resort for the weekend, we rented a trailer a couple of nights and were comfortable. My sweet wife has decided that we want to camp this time, so I purchased a nice tent, to go with some other camping supplies we used after Hurricane Ike.

How many of you tent camp, use a pop-up camper, used a trailer or motorhome, and how many's idea of camping is the Marriott? Just curious. I haven't camped in a tent in 20 years, I don't think, so I'm a little apprehensive about comfort, lol.

This topic was edited
Camping

I haven't slept in a tent since I was in the army, and that was to many years ago to think about. All my camping is done in my RV which is in my pictures. Let the YOUNG people sleep in a tent if they want to , only give me my RV. I'm roughing it.

This post was edited
RE: Camping

I like a popup better thana tent because the bed is better on my back. I haven't used one in a while since the friends I used to go with sold theirs. I often camp with just a tent, having a airmattress helps a lot. I am planning on going tent camping on beach when it gets warmer, going to find secluded beach where I can get away with being nude.

This post was edited
RE: Camping--how do you do it?

My wife and I camp a couple times a month, year round. WE live in AZ so it's easier to enjoy it year round. We like the freedom it offers us coupled with our Land Cruiser. Pack and go, drive to the next good spot. I would say, without goin gonzo with the equipment, is to have a good air matress to insulate you from the ground, and a 12v quick pump. Open up the vents all the way, and enjoy the oper air.

This post was edited

Tent, only way to do it unless you chose to just sleep out under the stars. We always tent and have a full view of the heavens as we lie there. Can't do that with a trailer or a pop up! We do use an inflatable air mattress though so we don't have to worry about sticks and debris...
Steve

This post was edited

Tent, only way to do it unless you chose to just sleep out under the stars. We always tent and have a full view of the heavens as we lie there. Can't do that with a trailer or a pop up! We do use an inflatable air mattress though so we don't have to worry about sticks and debris...Steve
Lol, I love to tent camp, but having never experienced camper/pop-up, etc...don't know if I'm missing anything. I think my ultimate camping week would be 5 nights in a tent followed by 2 nights at a luxury hotel.
Jenn

This post was edited

Tent, only way to do it unless you chose to just sleep out under the stars. We always tent and have a full view of the heavens as we lie there. Can't do that with a trailer or a pop up! We do use an inflatable air mattress though so we don't have to worry about sticks and debris... Steve
Lol, I love to tent camp, but having never experienced camper/pop-up, etc...don't know if I'm missing anything. I think my ultimate camping week would be 5 nights in a tent followed by 2 nights at a luxury hotel.
Jenn
All I can remember is that you must NOT touch the inside of the tent if it's raining, cos it'll drip on your head all night :) .......Oh, and you need a soap on a rope!

I think my ultimate camping week (and don't forget I'm in the UK, so summer is but a distant memory) would be 7 nights and involve some big sheets to make the tent from, a fondue set and a four poster water bed, ......IN a luxury hotel. ......Oh! ......and a pretty naked girl, ............to make the breakfast of course!

Phil.

This post was edited

Tent, only way to do it unless you chose to just sleep out under the stars. We always tent and have a full view of the heavens as we lie there. Can't do that with a trailer or a pop up! We do use an inflatable air mattress though so we don't have to worry about sticks and debris... Steve
Jenn
All I can remember is that you must NOT touch the inside of the tent if it's raining, cos it'll drip on your head all night :) .......Oh, and you need a soap on a rope!

I think my ultimate camping week (and don't forget I'm in the UK, so summer is but a distant memory) would be 7 nights and involve some big sheets to make the tent from, a fondue set and a four poster water bed, ......IN a luxury hotel. ......Oh! ......and a pretty naked girl, ............to make the breakfast of course!

Phil.

Phil when I had beautiful naked girl camping with me, I made supper and breakfast. LOL
Thomas

This post was edited
Camping

In my 20's we used to go tentcamping a lot all over the US. We even camped on our honeymoon.
Now that I am older I like comfort. We still have our down sleeping bags though, but that's it.
MC
https://sunnyfun.com
https://terracottainn.blogspot.com

This post was edited

Jenn

Phil.

I have to agree with you here Phil. A luxury hotel for me too After having surgery on my left shoulder, both elbows and on my neck, there is no way I would even try to camp. AND, if my new girlfriend is there naked with me, NO ONE is cooking !!!!! It's called ROOM SERVICE !!!!! LOL

Steve

This post was edited
RE: Camping

Hey tcotta, you just bought an INN, what else do you need? LOL

This post was edited