Chat Room Moderator FAQS

CHAT ROOM MODERATOR FAQS
Quite a bit of time seems to be taken up in the chat room with question and answer sessions with the moderators. This becomes repetitive and breaks up the flow of conversation so weve put together a list of the most frequently asked questions:

Who are the chat room moderators?
The chat room moderators are long time members of the site and frequent users of the chat room. We are male, female, married, single or couples ranging in age from25 66, we are from the United States (three different time zones), the United Kingdom and Australia.

Why does TN now have chat room moderators?
Because Teamtrue1 (the owner of this site) decided it was necessary.

Who chose the moderators?
TT1 (Teamtrue1 the site owner).

How were the moderators chosen?
Some applied, some were nominated and some were asked by TT1.

Are the moderators paid?
No. We are volunteers. But maybe well get a Christmas bonus! (Just kidding TT1)

Are the moderators on TT1sfriends list?
Some of us are and some of us arent.

Will you put in a good word for me so that I can become a moderator?
If youve applied or have been nominated and TT1 feels its necessary to add more chat room moderators, were sure hell come to us if he wants our opinion. If one of us decides they no longer want the responsibility, we might offer a recommendation as a replacement.

Why did someone get muted or "kicked" from the chat room?
Because they broke one of the six rules that TT1 has asked all to agree to before entering the chat room. Other than that, it is a private issue between the offender, the moderator and TT1. Please dont ask us. If we had an issue with you, Im sure you would appreciate us not discussing it with other people in the chat room.

How long does a "mute" or "kick" last?
A "mute" lasts for 60 seconds. A kick lasts for 24 - 48 hours. Please don't ask us to change the time limits. We can't. Only TT1(site admin) has that ability.

What are the rules?
If you are in the chat room, youve had to click on a button (directly below the six rules) that says: I agree. Please let me in. But just in case youve missed them or if you are not a chat room user here, they are (although, the rules are simple enough, there are some who dont quite seem to understand them or feel that they are open to interpretation so we have annotated the rules):

Chat Room Rules and Regulations:
1.No Sexual Discussion, or Sexual Activities on Chat
(No Sexual Discussion this means no talk about fetishs, masturbation, sexual positions, sexual fantasies, what youd like to do to someone, how you want to do it, etc. No asking others to stand up, twirl, describe themselves or their spouses, or their spouses measurements, solicit males or females to get on cam, etc. You get the picture. Does this mean youll get muted for an off color joke or bawdy humor? No. All the members here are adults and have a wonderful sense of humor. No Sexual Activities on Chat this means no masturbating, no erections, no having sex, no fondling or stroking your penis, your breasts or your partner, no tying your breasts up, etc. (ON CAM)

2. No Crotch Shots. Faces on cam please.
(No crotch shots this means do not point your cam at your crotch, do not make your crotch the focal point of your cam. Faces on cam please ummmcant believe we have to explain this one, butits one of the most argued points in chat. Your face must be visible on the cam. The rest of your body can be visible as long as your face is on cam. This is not a question just because the word please is being used. It is a polite way of telling you that your face must be visible on cam. Afraid of screen captures or video recordings? All of the mods understand this and you havea choice, follow rule number three)

3. If you do not want to be seen on your cam. Do not use it. Your cam is visible to all users.
(No explanation is necessary.)

4. Please talk nice. No trolling.
(No insulting or being rude to other users, refrain from vulgarities, no inciting fights or arguments, no challenging moderators or badgering them for answers this is disruptive to the flow of chat. If you have an issue or a question regarding a rule or a moderator address it to site admin (TT1) at support@truenudists.com)

5. Flag users who do not follow the rules.
(These rules were written before the assignment of moderators you now have another choice, you can flag the offender OR you can report them to a moderator in a private message)

6. Have Fun!
(Chat can be a really fun place to meet other nudists from around the world, help newdbies and to educate those who are curious about nudism/naturism. A side note, if breaking rules 1 - 4 is your idea of having fun, then you might want to find another chat room)

What does trolling mean?
Trolling is posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Deliberately posting a provocative message to a newsgroup, message board or chat room with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.
(sources: wikipedia.com, urbandictionary.com)

Why is this rule or that rule in place?
Because those are the rules that TT1 (site admin) wants for his chat room. Please don't try to debate these rules with the moderators. If you have an issue with a particular rule, please contact site admin. The moderators did not make up the rules nor can we change them, we were asked by TT1 to make sure they were complied with.

Do the moderators have rules and guidelines to follow?
Yes, we do.

What are the moderators guidelines?
At this time, those guidelines are between TT1 and the moderators. He will address this question if he chooses to.

Can moderators see private chats?
No. And we really dont want to. As long as both parties are agreeable to the conversation, the conversation you have with another user in private is just that - private. However, chat room rules still apply in private conversations. If someone complains about your conversation or questions while in private chat and they inform the moderators, we can help them.

Can moderators see cams that are set to private chat?
No. However, the chat room rules still apply on private cam. If someone complains about your actions while on private cam and they inform the moderators, we can help them. Remember No means No, even in private.

What do I do if someone is saying things to me or showing me things privately that I dont want to read or see?
You have a few options. You can block the user so that they can no longer chat with you and click out of the private chat. You can copy and paste what they are saying to you and put it in a flag message to TT1. If you feel it needs immediate attention you can copy and paste the conversation into a private message to a moderator they have the means to immediately mute or kick the person if they are breaking any of the rules or being offensive. Please use the copy and paste if you go to a moderator we do need proof that the person is being offensive or breaking the chat room rules if we are to take action. You can copy and paste from private chat, or go to the chat history icon above the room list, and copy from the message history.

Can moderators do anything about a fake profile or inappropriate pictures? Can moderators speed up the picture approval process?
No. We can not take immediate action on those issues. We are chat room moderators NOT site moderators. We can only recommend that you go to the offenders profile and use the flag button on their profile to report what you think may be a violation, issue or concern. Make sure you state a valid reason for flagging them. False flagging can get you banned from the site. As far as picture approval is concerned it can take a couple of hours to a couple of days for ones pictures to be approved. There is nothing we can do to speed this up.

Please understand if a moderator will not speak in private chat with you. It distracts us from our responsibilities and is one of the downfalls of this job. It is easier and less distracting for some of us to communicate in a whisper when we wish to have private words with a friend. We are all trying to reserve the private chat as a place for people to come to us if they have a problem. Also, please, if a mod asks you to make a simple adjustment to your cam, don't spend 10-20 minutes arguing with us about it. That keeps us from dealing with the REAL problems in chat.

Remember, the moderators are people and members just like every one else. We are on TN and in the chat room because we enjoy the site, enjoy making friends and enjoy getting to know people via the chat room. We do NOT enjoy muting or kicking. Wed all really prefer not to have to take those measures. Please, make our job easy for us!

This message was approved by Teamtrue1 (TT1) - Site Admin

This topic was edited
RE: Chat Room Moderator FAQS

We love the mods. they are doing a kick ass job.

Thanks for the kind words, we try to do our best.

This post was edited

needs to stay on home page for a bit

This post was edited

We love the mods. they are doing a kick ass job.
In agreement.

This post was edited

Goodjob! ... Jen, I'll link this in to the computer club FAQ's.

This old box still won't let me go and play in the chat room,

but I'm hearing that it's a million times better now.

This is one message I received, fromone veryhappy bunny.

"Just droppin by to see how its going. Wish you could
see the change that Mods in the chatroom have made.
I actually enjoy chatting now. No more fights, jerkin off
on cam or any of that other bull."

After all the hassle, this issooooooooo goodto hear, maybe
now, the ladies will stick around long enough to see what a
GREAT site, AND, what a great community,this really is.

Phil.

This post was edited

Thanks everyone! It's great to get positive feedback. While I understand that not everyone is happy or in agreement with the chat room being moderated, it's nice to know there are those who are seeing a positive change and are coming back to chat.

Phil, thank you for sharing that message.

Jen

This post was edited

Thanks everyone! It's great to get positive feedback. While I understand that not everyone is not happy or in agreement with the chat room being moderated, it's nice to know there are those who are seeing a positive change and are coming back to chat.Phil, thank you for sharing that message.Jen

Excellent explanation of the mod''s job. However, the face answer is a bit fuzzy, lmao! Speaking of fuzzy, IMHO, I suggest Steve be know as the "The Big Bunny" when he is on duty as Mod. Of course, you may remain the "SnuggleBunny" when on duty.
"Big Bunny", I do apologize for the disagreement I had with you in the chat room. Please accept my apology, I should have locked heads with you in pm or pc .my error, my fault.

This post was edited

The mods are definately making a huge difference. Great to see them taking time out of their days to help keep the site friendly for everyone.

This post was edited

Thanks everyone! It's great to get positive feedback. While I understand that not everyone is not happy or in agreement with the chat room being moderated, it's nice to know there are those who are seeing a positive change and are coming back to chat.Phil, thank you for sharing that message.Jen

I can't imagine why any decent true nudist would be unhappy that the
chat room is now moderated. Surely if they are, it can only be because
they want to conduct themselves in a manner that contravenes the rules,
and if that's the case, they should not be in there. Simple.

The only reason that I can think of, is that if a moderator were to get too
heavy handed. I can't see that happening, but if it were to, I'm quite sure
that the other mods would be quick to deal with him/her.

Phil.

btw, even though I can't use it, I'm so glad that it's been sorted,

it makes the whole site, a much more desirable place to be.

This post was edited

Sure would be a blast if we could get you in there Phil!

This post was edited

I too think that the moderators are doing an excellent job. I had quit using the chat room. I have now come back to the chat room.

This post was edited