Women and Couples Only

Maybe someone can help me understand why as nudists would we limit who can view us or interact with us to a specific gender or martial arrangement? I've seen several profiles that request Women or Couples Only. I'm curious... when you go to a nudist beach, can you limit who looks at you to only women and couples? I honestly want to understand, but for the life of me I can't. I thought being a nudist was accepting of yourself and others without regard to things like gener, body type, marital status, etc.
This also goes for chatting in the chat room. I always have my cam on, but occasionally I have been blocked by someone (usually another guy) because they only want women or couples looking at them. This just seems contrary to the concept of being a nudist.
Can someone help me understand???

This topic was edited
RE: Women and Couples Only

Totally agree with you and waiting for the answer myself. cn

This post was edited

Right on.. I totally agree with you also

This post was edited

I sometimes block viewers in the chat room if I see that they are viewing my cam for long periods of time (30min+), but not once trying to communicate with me through private messages or on the main board. It is possible that most are male, but that isn't why I do it. I'm still a person, not a peep show. It is the same way I like to be treated in real life....

As for the Women/Couples issue, I have nothing to add except: "meh, their loss!"

This post was edited
Women and Couples Only

A large percentage of the single males on this site do not seem to have the goal of promoting true nudism. What many of them want is a preversion of what this site is all about. I know that there are a lot of great upstanding guys who would bean assetto know and become friends with, but it just isn't worth the hassle to deal with the perverts to find the gems. I know how you feel because I had the same complaints when I was single. Most resorts were closed to single males and some still are.

This post was edited
Why oh why??

It's because single guys are percieved as perverts & ppl thing there is an alteria motive!! (which is true sometimes)
However there are many guys that are genuine nudists & unfortunatley we jsut cop the wariness of others!
I'm just glad that i'm part of an accepting club that doesn't have a problem with single guys that are there for the right reasons!!

This post was edited

they just think all single males are perverted, picture collectors,etc... as you can read in their statements they have already prejudged you and if by the chance they do chat you, the battery of questions they ask you are enough to let you know they really don't want you in their circle so why waste your time? I don't waste my time fooling around with them....I have met and continue to meet nice people though and look forward to the summer spending some GREAT Times with them just enjoying nature!

This post was edited

After spending a lot of time at my local nudist resort before finding TN here, I was surprised at the amount of "Women and Couples Only" deal myself! Then I started to find out about the pervs lurking around. I shouldn't have been shocked at that, it's just that there are sooooooo many other sites that are made especially for perverts! Why spread the grossness here?

This post was edited

After spending a lot of time at my local nudist resort before finding TN here, I was surprised at the amount of "Women and Couples Only" deal myself! Then I started to find out about the pervs lurking around. I shouldn't have been shocked at that, it's just that there are sooooooo many other sites that are made especially for perverts! Why spread the grossness here?until there is a high understanding of single nudists in the world today and THEY ARE PEOPLE TOO, there will always be mistrust and misunderstanding. DAMNED IF YOU ARE, DAMNED IF YOU AREN'T ( a pervert or honest single man that is ).

This post was edited

I believe people come to this site for various reasons some good and some just plain wrong.
A few reasons may be:
* To stay in touch with friends that have meet in person.
* To readand use what the read to learn and shape how the personally view nudism
* Maybe to find others who might live nearby?And I am certain the list of reasons could be very long. The few I listed off the top of my head may not seem like reasons to exclude males, but when you consider all the possible good reasons for joining this siteit is easy to see that some may want to be cautious of whom they let in. I am on here as a male and I was so cautious at first that I didnt want to become certified because it required sending a photo of me.
From private conversations I know there are nice friendly couples that have had bad experiences on this and other sites. In fact I got some good advice that even as a male to be cautious and dont get discouraged.
I think the main thing is to respect others and their level of comfort.

This post was edited

Well as to the couple and women only listing, some feel that they get less pm's from the unwanted types in here, the pervs. It doesn't really work due to the fact that those that are here for that reasons don't tend to read profiles anyway. We, the wife and I have chatted with and even met a few single males from here after chatting with them several times, but we also have women and couples only. For a single male on here I would suggest chatting in the chat room, let people know your intentions are honest, give them a chance to know you. It also helps if you have gone to a few resorts or beachs, or belong to a non landed group. It makes it hard to trust a nudist here who hasn't been anywhere, and even harder for a single male. We have chatted with a few single males, that could not meet us at a resort, which is very close by, but could find the time to come here to the house. Like thats going to happen. It's sad but true that all single males get judged by the bad ones. The advice I would give, spend time in the chat room chatting in the room, be polite. If you find a "single male" thats not here for honest nudist intentions, call him out in the room. It's to the benifit of all to rid the site of them, and it shows that you dislike them as well. Have a nice Profile, and keep your friends list in check, that helps as many here will look at who is on your list. As to the cam thing, if your watching someones cam, take the time to say hello, offer to chat in the room. Also, if you don't know them well, don't stay on the cam. If your not chatting with the person their is no reason to stay on the cam, or even go there to start with.

This post was edited