<< < 1 2 > >>   Page of 2
Sargento01

Sargento01

Undies Only [161] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Manteno, Illinois United States | 54

<br><br>

Nude swimming in high school

Did anyone have to swim nude in high school? It was required in The Chicago area (Cook County) for quite some time, late 1970's
gator1

gator1

Super Nudist [902] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Southeast, Texas United States | 62

There is something about being naked that means you are obliged to be
friendly and welcoming. When all your defences are stripped away...all you're left
with is exactly the same as what everyone else has. Jessica Hatcher

RE: Nude swimming in high school

LOL, my high school didn't even have a pool, so I guess you could say no.
Gator1 Laughing
billez

billez

Undies Only [130] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom | 50

Life's too short to think about what to wear :)

I heard of a boys boarding school where they swam nude and were still doing it in the late 70's.
Then they allowed girls to join the school............ who also had to swim nude!!
JohnE44

JohnE44

Butt Naked [317] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Scranton, Pennsylvania United States | 53

when i was in 5th grade the boys annd girls pe classes were seperated and the boys were nude but in 6th grade we had both boys and girls and we wore suites that was back in the 70s
txag_1975

txag_1975

Super Nudist [977] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Somerville, Texas United States | 58

Quoting from Genesis, "They were nude but they were not ashamed." Furthermore, because God created it, "The human body can remain nude and uncovered and preserve its splendor and its beauty."
-- Pope John Paul II

LOL, my high school didn't even have a pool, so I guess you could say no.
Gator1 Laughing

LOL same here. But we did have to shower after PE and boys and girls locker rooms each had a big shower room. This was in the 70s, now when my son went to school, showeres were not required and most ddidn't shower.
George_in_WV

George_in_WV

Butt Naked [348] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Kissimmee, Florida United States | 73

Currently living in a clothing optional community where I am nude when I can be and dressed only when I have to be

When I was in high school we did not have a pool either, but Physical Education (Gym) was a required course and taking a shower afterwards was also required.

In those days swimming pools in the YMCA and Boys' clubs allowed (some even required) nude swimming. It was the norm.

Now things have changed. Most of the Ys have gone co-ed as have the former Boys' clubs. I understand that showers in many schools are no longer used.
Sargento01

Sargento01

Flag Quote Reply

<br><br>

We were REQUIRED to get naked, go through the shower gauntlet, and enter the pool area and swim naked.
Isn't that kinda strange??
jaffo59

jaffo59

Topless [87] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | St. Louis, Missouri United States | 64

<b>Packer fan for life!</b>

Did anyone have to swim nude in high school? It was required in The Chicago area (Cook County) for quite some time, late 1970's

Back in my home town of Milwaukee, in the mid 60's, the High School I attended had swimming as a PE activity and yes, we did swim nude. Not only that, we had to travel down a back hallway and two flights of stairs to get to the pool, all of us nude. At first it was a bit intimidating, but after a couple of times it just seemed like the natural thing to do. Unfortunately, it was not co-ed. Oh to be 16 again!!
shavednude

shavednude

Undies Only [133] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Queens, New York United States | 66

Iattended a New York City Public High School, 1962 - 1965. Swimming class was mandatory for all students, with males and females in separate classes; the maleswere requiredto swim nude.
NudeInMA

NudeInMA

Ultra Nudist [4993] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Berkshires, Massachusetts United States | 72

Nudism is the Great Equalizer. It is impossible to put on airs when one is nude.-- NudeInMA<br>

One possible reason that that pool filtration systems decades ago were not as sophisticated, and the material used in swim suits was more likely to shed filter-clogging strands of cloth. Maintenance would be easier and less costly with nude swimmers.

All that ended when our culture decided that physical perfection was the new standard and hammered into young heads that unless their bodies were ideal, they were not "sexy" or desirable. Body image became an obsession, and nudity became unthinkable to any kid whose body did not meet the Hollywood standard. Result: young folks (and some not so young 'uns) shower in their underwear or go home smelly and sweaty rather than be seen nude by others.

Social devolution is one of the signs of social collapse.
nudecojohn

nudecojohn

Undies Only [128] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Taft, California United States | 67

Both my Junior Hig and Senior High schools had Olympic-sized pools. Yes, the boys were required to swim nude. That is from 7th grade through 12th grade. I graduated High School in 1966.

John
nudecojohn

nudecojohn

Undies Only [128] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Taft, California United States | 67

Both my Junior Hig and Senior High schools had Olympic-sized pools. Yes, the boys were required to swim nude. That is from 7th grade through 12th grade. I graduated High School in 1966.

John
srithanonchai

srithanonchai

Super Nudist [582] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Hackensack, New Jersey United States | 70

We weren't required to swim in high school, but freshman year in college, we were required to pass a swimming test, and all the males had to swim in the nude. (I do not know what was required of the female students)
RedGater

RedGater

Topless [66] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Nanaimo, BC Canada | 39

I graduated in the mid 90's. The P.E. classes were of mixed gender, the instructors were of mixed gender and there was definately no nude swimming. The community's pool was located across the street from our Highschool, but not operated by the school. I have played hockey for 29 years all over Canada and U.S.A, and not once have I ever seen a dressing room locker with individual shower stalls. The shower stalls in Jr High and High school and at the pool were also group showers. Almost everyone in my community grew up playing hockey, so most didn't think twice about the required showering after every P.E. class. (edit: my wife just told me that the girl's shower in Jr High and Highschool had individual stalls... who knew? I guess I didn't do much talking to girls in HS?)

As for nude HS swimming... I suppose many in North America have had the fear mongering of sex preditors pounded into their heads to ever require (let alone allow) their children to participate. Too many teachers, priests, coaches and others who have been placed in positions of trust with children have been splashed across the headlines over their trangressions.
beachguy150

beachguy150

Topless [60] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Peoria, Arizona United States | 57

My high school here in California had a outdoor pool open to view of the surroundingneighborhood so wasn't possible.
thifes_ok

thifes_ok

Topless [63] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Oak Forest, Illinois United States | 41

i grew up in the cook county as well my brother went to cathlic hgh ischool in the 80's and had to swim nude but by the time i went to a public high school in the 90's we had to wear bathing suits if we swam in the pool we had an open shower room so most of the kids wore there suits in the shower as well
JohnE44

JohnE44

Butt Naked [317] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Scranton, Pennsylvania United States | 53

we had a open shower rooms also .and when i told my parents i was taking swimming ut not wearing anything the only thing asked was if we were seprated from the girls then it was ok
abhchelms

abhchelms

Butt Naked [310] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Houston, Texas United States | 64

In my liittle home town in Il. it was hard enough just a place to be nude let alone swim nude. Our school didn't have pool anyway. Just grew up where everybody thought you should wear clothes. I became a nudist on my own. I just like being naked.
Cheri_Donna

Cheri_Donna

Ultra Nudist [4768] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Female | Hopkins, South Carolina United States | 67

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism.
http://www.travelites.info

I was graduated from high school in 1962. We did go to the indoor pool for swimming. It was only females. It was usually the last class of the day, and I showered with little problem. Although, at that time I was shy.
pjcsi1958

pjcsi1958

Undies Only [129] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Huguenot, New York United States | 56

Pool

we did not have a pool in hs but i have never heard of that in todays world i cant beleave anyone is still doing that
Sargento01

Sargento01

Flag Quote Reply

<br><br>

RE: Pool

Just a bump to scroll the undesirables.
jbs47112

jbs47112

Topless [97] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Durham, North Carolina United States | 81

Happy Nuding.

No pools in Jr. or Sr. High School, all males used group showers. YMCAs were all nude swimming. Nude swimming is the best.
kenoHick

kenoHick

Topless [65] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Kenosha, Wisconsin United States | 61

We had to swim naked in high school all 4 years.
WBN_45

WBN_45

Textile [1] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Wisconsin United States | 69

What high school in Milwaukee had nude swimming?  I remember that the  high  school in Sheboygan (known as Central, where I grew up) had a pool and the boys were required to be naked in the pool.  I took swimming lessons there, but did not attend high school there. Then two new high schools were built, and the pool in each were co-ed and the nudity stopped.  However I went to college at UW Madison and the pool for the boys was literally in the locker room of the Old Red Gym, and nudity was required in that pool until the mid 70's and then because of Title IX (gender equality in education), that was stopped.  I could never figure that out, because the women had a pool in Lathrop Hall, and it was frankly a better and larger pool than the one in the Old Red Gym.  Why would nude swimming be stopped in a pool located in the middle of a boys' locker room?    I thought that was taking gender equality just a bit too far.  Eventually the UW Natatorium was built, and it was lovely, and, of course co-ed and no nudity, though I told reliably, that thong swimming is allowed.  I am now married and am lucky to have a private in ground pool.  One neighbor has a partial view of the pool, so I have to be discrete, but I can and do swim nude regularly and love it.  I have always loved the idea of swimming as nature intended.   
gideon9595

gideon9595

Undies Only [165] | 2 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | SG, South Australia Australia | 38

Just be Kind. 

Early 1990s in OZ was bathers on.Most lads in the change room hid themselves or even hid in a shower or toilet stall.We did have to swim fully clothed for our survival lessons. 
<< < 1 2 > >>   Page of 2