yard. Ive noticed over the winter however that hes suddenly grown aware of
our nudity. Making things more difficult, nudity isnt an everyday thing in our
home. Hell catch one of us going too or from the bathroom but thats it. When
he notices us nude he makes a comment or acknowledges it. How do we go about
showing him nudity in a none sexual manor is healthy and normal but at the same
time teach him about when it is and isnt appropriate. We dont want him taking
his cloths off at daycare because mommy and daddy do it! Any advice would be
appreciated. We're seriously debating not being nude when hes around until
he's older and we can explain what is and isn't appropriate behavior! If we hold
off introducing him to nudity we'll have to wear suits for the next few years
and well that will suck...lol.
Jabbari

Jabbari

Butt Naked [499] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Jersey City, New Jersey United States | 19

<br>

RE: Nude with young kids

my big bro n me grow up nude wit my pop n unky. just be nude n u kidz follow i think. i just rite a long post bout growin up nude wit pop n unky - i post it at the MENZ ROOM in da forum n BOIZ BE NUDE group. mebbe it interstin to u. peace, jabbari
Audiobiker

Audiobiker

Undies Only [127] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Orange, California United States | 62

Just be yourself and naked. Explain in a casual, matter of fact way that being naked is not bad. Just another way to live and be comfortable. Over time also explain that not everyone shares your views and some people think its bad. He doesn't have to broadcast this information everywhere. After a while he'll be asking if he can be naked with mommy and daddy. Try AANR, Net Nude and ask the fabulous CheriDonna. She has written articles on many situations like this.
Happynaked73

Happynaked73

Textile [4] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Laurys Station, Pennsylvania United States | 41

I have an eight year old, six year old and three year old. They barely even notice. Kids quickly adapt to the facxt theat you don't have clothes on. Since they are not really aware "sexually" yet, they register it but don't think about it anymore than that. My kids like to go naked too sometimes and there are occasions when I am naked and so are they, other times I am and they are not, or vice versa. IF you don't make a big deal of it neither will they.
My_Dogs_White

My_Dogs_White

Barefoot [12] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | My Town, Saskatchewan Canada | 42 & 38

We certainly wont make a big deal out of it because it isn't a big deal. Our concern is, how do we explain to a child his age it's ok to take you cloths off while we're in the back yard but it's not ok to do it other places?
curt44319

curt44319

Super Nudist [1191] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Akron, Ohio United States | 59

Ships are safe in the harbor,<br> but that's not why ships are built !<br><br>

How do you explain anything else ?
It's OK to eat chicken with your fingers, but not mashed potatoes, for instance.
SteveinKona

SteveinKona

Butt Naked [422] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Captain Cook, Hawaii United States | 64

I have visited several home where the parents - of kids from toddler to teenage - have peeked ahead to cue the kids to put clothes on, company was with them. These are non-nudist parents, unaware that I'm a nudist, just folks who are casual about clothing at home. No shock, surpise, scandal, just a homely routine. The kids will have NO trouble figuring it out.
abhchelms

abhchelms

Butt Naked [303] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Houston, Texas United States | 64

Young kids are smarter than we may think they are. If you maintain a regular routine around him, he'll quickly figure out when he's supposed to keep his clothes on and take them off if he wants to be a young nudist. But the routine is the most important thing here!!
LionNJ

LionNJ

Topless [78] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Near Philly, New Jersey United States | 44

We certainly wont make a big deal out of it because it isn't a big deal. Our concern is, how do we explain to a child his age it's ok to take you cloths off while we're in the back yard but it's not ok to do it other places?

My wife and I have four kids ages 9-18 the youngest two were pretty much raised nudist while the older two were introdiced to it at a very young age. We ahd the same concerns as you at first and learned on the way. As to your question. How do you teach then the difference that it is Ok in some places and not others. Well like any thing there are always things that you do at certain times and places and nt in all. Because of his age just let him know that you will let him know when it is OK to be undressed and at the same time you will tell him when it is not. Make it simple and perhaps like a game so it will be fun when he can be also you have time before he starts school so you can teach him that being without clothes is just somthing that you do as a family and not something that needs to be talked about in school. ther is a good book out Called "Growing up with out Shame" I suggest you find it and get reading it is a wealth of information ot help you out.
Leo
kramtrohs

kramtrohs

Butt Naked [295] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Perth, Western Australia Australia | 32

Nudity with children

Yes, children are deffinetly not stupid & pick up on alot more then what we give them credit for!
Keep a routine & lead by example of what you would like to see from then, you would newed to sit down with him to verbalise what your expectations are too.
Dude111

Dude111

Barefoot [25] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Florida United States | 38

Just be yourself and naked.

Exactly,dont worry about anything else..... Nothing @ all wrong with enjoying nature (The way we should all be)
alwaysnaked1071

alwaysnaked1071

Butt Naked [370] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Niagara Falls, New York United States | 42

RE:

I have an 8 (soon to be 9) year old daughter. I've been naked around her since she was a baby. When we lived in Florida we never wore clothing out in our pool or even our backyard. Even in the house, she was naked most of the time. Now that we are back up north, we no longer have a pool, but I still sun nude in the yard, and we go to the nude beach.
She doesn't get naked as she used to, as she's getting older. She'll still walk through the house naked before and after her bath, but that's about it. But I remain naked in the house. As soon as I come home from work, off come my clothes. She'll sometimes take her bathing suit off at the nude beach, or she'll leave it on. I leave that up to her to decide.
Cheri_Donna

Cheri_Donna

Ultra Nudist [4797] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Female | Hopkins, South Carolina United States | 66

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism.
http://www.travelites.info

I bear a slightly different opinion on this subject. My Wife and I were both at home nudist when we got married. After my daughter was born, this continued for a while. When she was about 5 years old I decided I was feeling more and more uncomfortable being naked around her. I started covering up and she hasn't seen me naked for several years. By the same token, I haven't seen her naked since she was about 6. As of now, I'm OK with that and have no desire to change it. Even if she did want to be a nudist, which I'm sure wouldn't happen right now (she's 11 now and everything is disturbing), I still wouldn't want to be nude around her. I know other familes are comfortable being around their chidlren/parents nude, I just don't think I could do it.
I'm not saying that you should not be nude around your son, some familes are comfortable with that, I'm probably the wierd one that is not.

When you make a big deal about nudity, it is. Marilyn Story, Dr. Calderone, and others have said there is nothing wrong with growing up in a nudist household.
Canoodler

Canoodler

Undies Only [191] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Napanee, Ontario Canada | 48

"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is
more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to
conformity." --- Irving Wallace

Kids love to pretend that there is something wrong with nudity even when it's just mom and dad. Their friends might not understand so that makes it REALLY bad. If they are used to it, then it won't really bother them themselves. You just have to weather the storm of those years between little kids running naked and young adults who can make decisions for themselves. My kids have never been nudists (since those innocent years) but they know I would rather not swim with a suit or stay clothed when hot. "Dad's weird." is fine with me. They'll remember later that dad never made it an issue so maybe it really wasn't. Or not! Hey, MY house! (:
Canoodler

Canoodler

Undies Only [191] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Napanee, Ontario Canada | 48

"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is
more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to
conformity." --- Irving Wallace

Kids love to pretend that there is something wrong with nudity even when it's just mom and dad. Their friends might not understand so that makes it REALLY bad. If they are used to it, then it won't really bother them themselves. You just have to weather the storm of those years between little kids running naked and young adults who can make decisions for themselves. My kids have never been nudists (since those innocent years) but they know I would rather not swim with a suit or stay clothed when hot. "Dad's weird." is fine with me. They'll remember later that dad never made it an issue so maybe it really wasn't. Or not! Hey, MY house! (:
mj5022

mj5022

Topless [58] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Regina, Sask Canada | 59

I can understand ur problem. I just went about what i was doing and if they came in the room while i was changing or in the shower. If they asked anything or made a comment, i would reply in a normal fashion, that way they were never uneasy with seeing me nude. I also let them know, that even if it was ok in the home, other places may not be ok with it, and to make sure that until they were much older, enjoy it when they could at home. btw, my exwife was not a nudist, they understood, and also only were nude when she was not going to give them heck. lol. My youngest boy still does go nude in our hottub now and then. but only with me, not my partner. They were around 4-5 when they understood all of this. Hope this helps you some. mark
Tony8x5

Tony8x5

Textile [2] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Colchester, Essex United Kingdom | 54

In the UK the SS, social services, are taking kids away from nudist families. Look through Google at"Forced adoption." It's insane, but real. Babies are torn from the arms of mothers and the mother is not allowed to speak about it to anyone. Sounds like Nazi Germany. Terrified of UK.
DesertRat

DesertRat

Super Nudist [1717] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Phoenix, Arizona United States | 66 & 69

Nude with young kids

If you are a nudist with young kids, my advice to you is to always be nude whenever you desire, in the proper places and under the proper circumstances. The children will grow up knowing that this is who you are. Weather they have any desire to be nude or not should be their own choosing. After they grow up and leave home, you'll never have to explain your nude life style to them.
DanandJanette

DanandJanette

Butt Naked [467] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Couple | Moncton, New Brunswick Canada | 56 & 55

Looked through the top googled articles "forced adoption". Scanned through some random stories about children being taken from parents, but none involving nudists. Can you provide a specific link?
Somerserttom

Somerserttom

Undies Only [118] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom | 55

I would say that if you stop now you won't be able to go back to it later. My wife and I never made a big thing about going back and forth to the shower naked and my (now ex) wife still sits at her dressing table topless with the door open. GThe thing is kids often get more body aware as they get older and the teen years are the hardest. What you need to do is just weather it out. At three and a half he is in thta self awareness stage where he is noticing differences but not yet getting the hang ups. He will learn from your example that there are times and places where you keep your clothes on and other places where you can take them off. Let him learn in his own time and by your example that you can be nude without being lewd. If you stop now and try to start it again when he is a little older you probably would find questions were being asked, not just by him but the authorities too. My advice is to just keep on doing what you do naturally.
Tom
Somerserttom

Somerserttom

Undies Only [118] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom | 55

I think its indicative of the mess we have made with our society, here in the UK as much as anywhere else, that we have become so scared of 'perverts' everywhere or being seen as one tnat we are doing great harm to ourselves as individuals and as a society. In days past, when I was a toddler, no one would have batted an eyelid about a child of that age running around naked, they would have just been considered a child. Nowadays it seems more acceptable for a 23 year old to run around naked than a 3 year old?!!! I know this will come as a shock to some people, but we are not all preditory perverts. Most people are benign to each other.
westheathen

westheathen

Butt Naked [463] | 4 years ago | More Info

Flag Quote Reply

Male | Birmingham, Warwickshire United Kingdom | 53

Bump to remove the spam
<< < 1 > >>   Page of 1

Invite a Friend