yard. Ive noticed over the winter however that hes suddenly grown aware of
our nudity. Making things more difficult, nudity isnt an everyday thing in our
home. Hell catch one of us going too or from the bathroom but thats it. When
he notices us nude he makes a comment or acknowledges it. How do we go about
showing him nudity in a none sexual manor is healthy and normal but at the same
time teach him about when it is and isnt appropriate. We dont want him taking
his cloths off at daycare because mommy and daddy do it! Any advice would be
appreciated. We're seriously debating not being nude when hes around until
he's older and we can explain what is and isn't appropriate behavior! If we hold
off introducing him to nudity we'll have to wear suits for the next few years
and well that will suck...lol.

This topic was edited
RE: Nude with young kids

Just be yourself and naked. Explain in a casual, matter of fact way that being naked is not bad. Just another way to live and be comfortable. Over time also explain that not everyone shares your views and some people think its bad. He doesn't have to broadcast this information everywhere. After a while he'll be asking if he can be naked with mommy and daddy. Try AANR, Net Nude and ask the fabulous CheriDonna. She has written articles on many situations like this.

This post was edited

I have an eight year old, six year old and three year old. They barely even notice. Kids quickly adapt to the facxt theat you don't have clothes on. Since they are not really aware "sexually" yet, they register it but don't think about it anymore than that. My kids like to go naked too sometimes and there are occasions when I am naked and so are they, other times I am and they are not, or vice versa. IF you don't make a big deal of it neither will they.

This post was edited

We certainly wont make a big deal out of it because it isn't a big deal. Our concern is, how do we explain to a child his age it's ok to take you cloths off while we're in the back yard but it's not ok to do it other places?

This post was edited

How do you explain anything else ?
It's OK to eat chicken with your fingers, but not mashed potatoes, for instance.

This post was edited

Young kids are smarter than we may think they are. If you maintain a regular routine around him, he'll quickly figure out when he's supposed to keep his clothes on and take them off if he wants to be a young nudist. But the routine is the most important thing here!!

This post was edited
Nudity with children

Yes, children are deffinetly not stupid & pick up on alot more then what we give them credit for!
Keep a routine & lead by example of what you would like to see from then, you would newed to sit down with him to verbalise what your expectations are too.

This post was edited

Just be yourself and naked.
Exactly,dont worry about anything else..... Nothing @ all wrong with enjoying nature (The way we should all be)

This post was edited

Kids love to pretend that there is something wrong with nudity even when it's just mom and dad. Their friends might not understand so that makes it REALLY bad. If they are used to it, then it won't really bother them themselves. You just have to weather the storm of those years between little kids running naked and young adults who can make decisions for themselves. My kids have never been nudists (since those innocent years) but they know I would rather not swim with a suit or stay clothed when hot. "Dad's weird." is fine with me. They'll remember later that dad never made it an issue so maybe it really wasn't. Or not! Hey, MY house! (:

This post was edited

Kids love to pretend that there is something wrong with nudity even when it's just mom and dad. Their friends might not understand so that makes it REALLY bad. If they are used to it, then it won't really bother them themselves. You just have to weather the storm of those years between little kids running naked and young adults who can make decisions for themselves. My kids have never been nudists (since those innocent years) but they know I would rather not swim with a suit or stay clothed when hot. "Dad's weird." is fine with me. They'll remember later that dad never made it an issue so maybe it really wasn't. Or not! Hey, MY house! (:

This post was edited
Nude with young kids

If you are a nudist with young kids, my advice to you is to always be nude whenever you desire, in the proper places and under the proper circumstances. The children will grow up knowing that this is who you are. Weather they have any desire to be nude or not should be their own choosing. After they grow up and leave home, you'll never have to explain your nude life style to them.

This post was edited