Horror stories?

While I believe it's important to continue to focus on the positive
in the community, I'd like to know more about the less-than-positive
aspects, too. Aside from the typical "single men harrassment," what
sort of incidents have you encountered or have you heard about among
true members of the community? It could be that disagreements between couples, for example, can be extra isolating if there isn't a support group that understands the community. Have you heard of any unpleasant encounters between members and
non-members?
Not trying to scare away newbs, just want to hear
about others' experiences. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not share
with the group.
Edit: This is a question about experiences in the real world, not on this site.

This topic was edited
Horror storeys

I hav quite often had Gay men trying to meet up with me on forums... can't say i really appreciate that!!

This post was edited
RE: Horror stories

Predators that come to sites like this come from all walks of life and are multi-gendered. Labeling one group does not help because most profiles are fake anyway so you never know who is behind it. It's the nature of the internert and sites like this. They've done all they could do here to encourage people by offering a pay option and asking people to be certified, but I am one who believes that everyone here should be required to be certified within a certain time period of signing up or the account automatically gets suspended. This would not eliminate but would help one step at a time.

This post was edited
RE: Horror stories?

Aside from the typical "single men harrassment," what sort of incidents have you encountered or have you heard about among true members of the community?

Aside from the typical web site stuff ( *SOME* gay men trying to make everything a "gay" issue ) the over whelming majority of problems ARE harassment of genuine single women, of ALL ages !
There's an occasional "swing" issue, but less than a dozen in my years on this site, and the ever pervasive idiot trying to justify an erection in all circumstances ( almost always another "gay" issue, even though it's not ) and a few arguments over politics, but that's really about it of any consequence.

This post was edited
RE: Horror storeys

I hav quite often had Gay men trying to meet up with me on forums... can't say i really appreciate that!!
That is very true, same here. It gives me a perspective of how the women feel that get hounded by PM's from every Tom Dick and Harry on the site.

This post was edited
RE: Horror stories

Not only do they come in all walks of life, they are not limited to nudists. I imagine there is not a lot of difference if a single gal would walk into a bar. Textile sites also have the same issues I would imagine. Just a part of life that we all have to accept. Evolution made the men real horndogs.

This post was edited

I recently flagged profiles with crotch shots and some with kinky underware and BDSM crap. As far as I know there are groups and sites for every kinker and pervert - they don,t need to be here paint clean nusists with there filth. I can't relate to any "horror stories" however getting the occasional private vidio chat from some gay guy who asks me to stand naked in front of the cam is a minor irritation and also gets a flagging. It's time we nudists take control of a good site such as here and make it our own.
Russ from Saskachewan - and by the way my profile is for real

This post was edited

Seems another blank profile is trying to find new ways to show nudists in a negative light and trying to get us to feed them the info. Same problems here as with any other networking site or chat site. Nothing different and nothingworse here.

This post was edited
Horror stories?

This has been an ongoing problem but some people have a problem differentiating between the two. NUDISM IS NOT ABOUT SEX! Most people understand this ard are fine with that. However, many members of the gay community can't seem to separate the two. I have no problem with gays also being nudists but I do have a problem with anyone, hetrosexuals included, openly making sexual advances or engaging in sexual activities.

This post was edited

I exchanged a a few messages with a profile of an older man, but balked when he started to ask questions about my relationship with my partner. Turned out, the profile was fake - someone pretending to be an older man, who was actually a fellow in his 30's with a thing for... well, you can guess. He did fess up, and even posted a real picture, but we've had no further reason to correspond.

BTW, KathyLee - with the current blank state of your profile, most readers of this forum, myself included, are assuming you are a man of a certain age, despite your screen name.

This post was edited

Seems another blank profile is trying to find new ways to show nudists in a negative light and trying to get us to feed them the info. Same problems here as with any other networking site or chat site. Nothing different and nothingworse here.

Well said, Blue!

Jen

This post was edited