Are the Chat Room Mods REALLY necessary?

p style="margin: 0.1pt 0in;"True
or false: Moderators or monitors, in any form, challenge the conventions
of a society that prides itself in taking an alternate route to personal
comfort.
p style="margin: 0.1pt 0in;"
p style="margin: 0.1pt 0in;"So
we have this chat room thats pretty hopping. And yes, every now and
again someone does something that infringes on someone elses comfort level.
But I would submit to you that the site contains plenty of remedies to deal
with those who infringe upon others. For instance if someone insults me, I
can block them. If someone is doing something I dont like on cam,
I can .. well .. choose not to watch their cam. If someone is saying stupid
things in the chat, I can make them feel even stupider by outwitting them (just
like in actual society). So do we really need to arm the host of
volunteer super-users with ability to zap anyone they wish into exile, for
perhaps just altering the "normal" channels of thought. They will claim they are being judicious with their "power", but gosh there are an aweful lot of people getting kicked out. The sign of an overly zeolous lot of volunteers perhaps?
p style="margin: 0.1pt 0in;"This
premise alone should be insulting to anyone who came here to escape the
narrowed perecptions permeating real-life society. We are (for the most part) adults, and as such we posses the ability to deal with those who infringe upon us without having to involve the use of hall monitors. This isn't high-school, so stop treating us like kids.
p style="margin: 0.1pt 0in;"Sorry
just my $. 02. I hope I dont get banned for my inquiry, and utter disgust.

This topic was edited
RE: Are the Chat Room Mods REALLY necessary?

Check on other threads regarding the number of women who have left TN due to harrassment and sexual abuse, then ask your question again.

This post was edited

It has been proven that they are necessary.

This post was edited

Just curious, have you been kicked out of the chat room? You seem too bothered by them being there, Must be a reason. as far as our thoughts Me and my better half have been on this site for almost a year and have seen a large number of perverts,jerks,vulgar,arrogant scum bags in the chat rooms that are clearly there for reasons other than what it was created for. I personally enjoy knowing that if some unwanted P.O.S. that has no respect for others and no decency wanders in the chat room that if they cross that line ((( POOF they are gone))) lol.
So Our answer to your question is Yes I think we need the mods and we support them 110%

This post was edited

It's no different than at a resort. If someone is seen doing something they shouldn't or is being bothersome, more than one person can make them leave the resort. This is essentially an online resort, and like in real life, our nudist lifestyle needs protected from perverts. You should be embracing the added level of comfort that is afforded everyone by having them there. And just because you can block someone doesn't help anyone else.

This post was edited

Are the Chat Room Mods REALLY necessary?
And you would be on which planet?

This post was edited

Yes, I was kicked out because I objected to them being there - apparantly you are not allowed to reference the super-users in the chat as it impededs the flow of what is otherwise thought to be engaging conversation. I was given a first and "final warning" and was kicked out after telling the moderator to please refrain from threatening me as it wasnt very nice. Look, I dont deny that there are "perverts" out there, but do object to the use of the term. For example, most of the people I know would deem anyone logged into this site as a "pervert", so we ought to be a little more sensitive when throwing that term around. But I digress. I get back to my initial point - this site is equipped with tools to remedy disruptive behavior, we cant have the hyper-sensitivities (and inability to self remedy) of a few members dictate the need for a regulatory body, unless of course you wish to promote a community that perpetuates conventional societal "norms" , the very norms we challenge, and of which lead us here in the first place.

This post was edited

The way i see it if you want to join in chat with other members of this site go for it and don't be bothered by the mods after all there only goal is to keep out the unwanteds and to help keep the chat rooms what they were meant to be a place to chat and socialize with others that share the love of this lifestyle as long as you follow the rules of the rooms you will be welcomed and quite possibly meet new friends and if your intentions are honorable you will never even know they are there.

This post was edited

as someone who was kicked out as well and the moderator felt the need to apologize for doing so after they did it.. I think the moderators here are just a bit too overzealous in their positions of authority. I was told when the person apologized to me they felt they had to be 'quick on the button' which is just the same to me as a cop telling me he has to be 'quick on the trigger'. While the idea of a moderator is something I don't like, a properly trained and controlled moderator can be a good addition to chat.. I don't go to chat as much because of the overzealousness of a few moderators here.

i think the issue here is not so much the existence of moderators as the lack of training. Not that I expect the site to go to any expense..I just think there is a huge clique here and that should not be allowed in the moderators.

This post was edited

Mistakes are somtimes made. After all we as well as the mods are only human. and if they did apologize then they corrected the mistake and were Decent enough to admit it. Once again they are here for a reason and me as well as countless others are glad they are here.

This post was edited

To Philfreeeuk: I appreciate the intelligent and well thought out exchange from some of the other posters above. Some of their points are well stated and articulate, and precisely the type of dialogue I sought when posting my question. Although I would totally support your right to do so, I would ask you to please refrain from posting insults. It is not becoming of your intellect. I believe you are referring to my posting formatting screw up using MS WORD to first edit the post, but even still - use your words. Dont insult.

This post was edited