Rapidly growing society of disrespect.

Is it just me, or do you find that people are becoming far more discourteous. I'm not suggesting it's all from
the younger generation, there seems to be a lot of anti social behaviour even from the more seniors.
Is the societythat we grew up in, becoming extinct ?

This topic was edited
RE: Rapidly growing society of disrespect.

I agree who was it said "manners maketh man"? As it seems money maketh man nowadays!

This post was edited

Well Phil, you saved me a lot of keypad work there, just about every word of what I would have written myself.
When did it all start to decline into this abomination of lawless and immoral society.

This post was edited

Well Phil, you saved me a lot of keypad work there, just about every word of what I would have written myself. When did it all start to decline into this abomination of lawless and immoral society.

Don't know, I wasn't really paying attention. I think it was a slow process, but I just woke up one day,
and it was there.

This post was edited

This post was edited

YOUNGBIMALE,
I do not disagree with what you have posted, and yes in many ways things have changed, I do however wonder by your comment that respect is earned, true, but does that mean until someone earns your respect you are entitled to disrespect them?
Just curious, I was raised to respect people until they give you reason to not, not the other way around.

This post was edited

You can thank the ACLU for no respect to adults, teachers, police and anyone else. No respect for America and believe "What can America do for ME, not what I can do for America" Everyone wants everything NOW istead of waiting until they can afford it like our ancestors did. Buy everything instead of making something. People use to watch out for there neighbors and there children. Now people do not know there neighbor and do not want to. If you see a person child doing something wrong and you say something, then the parent says "My child would never do that" That is why there are problems in our school system.

This post was edited

YOUNGBIMALE, I do not disagree with what you have posted, and yes in many ways things have changed, I do however wonder by your comment that respect is earned, true, but does that mean until someone earns your respect you are entitled to disrespect them? Just curious, I was raised to respect people until they give you reason to not, not the other way around.
Princedale, you're asking ybm about something he knowsnothing of. If you look back at any of his posts on here, he shows nothing but contempt for any decent member of society. All of his posts are antagonistically motivated, as will be his reply to this one. He knows no other way in which to express himself.

This post was edited

Phil and Princedale, those were very good and so true. A person should not have to earn respect,you should respect everyone until they give you reason not to. Living in the west, we did not have a lot of the discrimination that a lot of other places had. Well we did but a different kind. Indians were thought to be a lower class and my dad was from Arkansas and when people started moving out of Oklahoma and Arkansas and moving west. A lot of states did not want them and it was rough for them. Now people out here are complaining about the Mexicans. But ALL they want is for them to become americans the same way there relatives did.

This post was edited

Phil and Princedale, those were very good and so true. A person should not have to earn respect,you should respect everyone until they give you reason not to. Living in the west, we did not have a lot of the discrimination that a lot of other places had. Well we did but a different kind. Indians were thought to be a lower class and my dad was from Arkansas and when people started moving out of Oklahoma and Arkansas and moving west. A lot of states did not want them and it was rough for them. Now people out here are complaining about the Mexicans. But ALL they want is for them to become americans the same way there relatives did.

This post was edited

Just curious, I was raised to respect people until they give you reason to not, not the other way around.
Agreed !
What he hasn't been sucking wind long enough to see, is that all those injustices from the past he mentions still treated most of those people better than the best treatement we all get by default today !
Personally, I blame ( mostly ) Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society" as it seems we have exactly that !
A sense of entitlement, no matter whether anything is deserved or earned.

This post was edited