Shouldn't Certified nudist be the only ones able to post pictures?

I was just wondering why the average person with photos that aren't theres be allowed to post them?I see so many fake profiles I just think they should have to be certified and have to display the photo they used to get certified of themselves with there username and truenudist written on the paper.I don't know I just thought that would cut down on so many fake profiles.

This topic was edited
RE: Shouldn't Certified nudist be the only ones able to post pictures?

Well, that does presume that the true purpose of the site is true nudist, and not true voyeur, or true exhibitionist.

This post was edited

I agree, I think that you should have to be certified to post or view photos, but It's not my site so I don't get to make the decisions. The best we can do is call fake profiles to TT1's attention and hope that he will remove them as he see's fit.

This post was edited

Yea that's too bad I wouldn't think it would be that hard to change the rules and make the site even better than it already is.

This post was edited

Not letting the non-certified post photos might prevent them from posting fakes. But it isn't going to stop them from looking through the site. (And by the way, if someone is an exhibitionist, s/he's likely to want to post real pictures of him or herself.
There are genuine people here who aren't certified. The woman who got me to join the site--I know her personally, and I was maybe five feet from her when the nude photo she has in her album was taken. For a long time she wasn't certified simply because she doesn't have a camera. (I took the necessary pictures for her and sent her the files to submit--problem solved.)

This post was edited

I think it's an awesome idea! Great suggestion for the new site I would say...

This post was edited

I am a big proponent of Certification and I don't have a problem with people not showing their faces in their profiles. These two issues are not opposed to each other and I know of several instances, including ours, where this is the case.

This post was edited

What is a fake profile and how does certification prevent it? The original poster seems to be able to spot fakes whether certified or not. There are also plenty of certified yet untruthful profiles. So how does this plan help?

The wizard behind the curtain has a very fair system in place here, He just needs better (fair and consistent) enforcement.

This post was edited

What is a fake profile and how does certification prevent it? The original poster seems to be able to spot fakes whether certified or not. There are also plenty of certified yet untruthful profiles. So how does this plan help?The wizard behind the curtain has a very fair system in place here, He just needs better (fair and consistent) enforcement.

Yes the fakes are easily spotted by just about anyone with eyes.Again read my post and why being certified would help, it seems everyone else thinks it's a good idea for some reason.It would be better than it is now for the real nudists that is, maybe not for the ones just trying to creating profiles just so they can see nudity.

This post was edited

Your idea about TN Certifications sounds great except it is easily subverted. To quote a single instance a good friends 5 photos were 'stolen' from the site ; digitally altered ,and then passed here for TN Certification. The false TN certified profile in the name of 'sunnyana' existed and was used actively at TN for well on excess of 2 months AFTER TN Admin were notified.
That fixed the TN part.
It then took another month to locate the fraudsters IP address and not subtly suggest that they should remove our friends stolen photos from their Computer. The introduction of a pro-active Viral program did however convince them that they could be happy to comply and allow a complete scan of their Disc storage.
It was a time-consuming and unsatisfying task that you would only complete for a good friend.
Neither was it fool-proof.
Rather than concentrate on the issue of profiles and photos we should concentrate on the issue of "behaviour of offensive people" and inappropriate activities at TN. Factual information about sleazy and foul communications will do far more good.
The more we push for photos and Certifications the more we will force an increase of false or no photo profiles. Many great TN members are unable to display their own photographs here for any number of valid reasons after all.
Regards,, Rob

This post was edited

I like the attempt to deal with this increasing problem, but the problem with this original poster's idea is that it doesn't acknowledge all the Certified Members who's behavior is anything but True Nudist in nature. More and more we are seeing people who are offensive in the chat room, either in PMs or sometimes in front of the whole room, and upon checking their profile to flag them it is found they are Certified. There are also plenty of people who after becoming Certified, then go about posting photos on their profile which violate the rules (both TN's rules and the rules of good taste.) Until the certification process actually weeds such people out then being Certified really is a very poor way to judge members as true nudists or not. I like the attempt to make the site a better place for true nudists by trying to deal with the problem folks, but I'm afraid I would doubt any effective solution is going to be a simple one, it's really going to take more members being pro-active and taking responsibility for making the site better and cleaner, and then keeping it that way (and also many, MANY others who will stand-up for these folks when they come under harsh criticism for their efforts.) It probably will also require more people with the admiinstrative ability to deal with such problems, the site has grown to much more than one or two people can realistically manage and monitor.

This post was edited