Another North Eastern club goes textile...

I was saddened to see that Bonita Nudist Resort has closed down and will be going textile this spring. That leaves 2 resorts in New York and they are both central & East locations. Several in Ontario Canada have gone textile in the last 2 years leaving slim pickings in the Western NY area. We have been members of Empire Haven for a while now but the club is several hours from where we live and they are the closest one.I just don't understand why so many clubs can't make a go of it when there seems to be so much demand for a nice nudist resort in NY and elsewhere. We frequent this type of resort whenever we can, in fact we rarely vacation vanilla, and go out of our way to stay nude where ever we can. While the NY climate may not be the best to work with at certain times of the year, it should still be a feasible venture if done right.
How is the area you live in? Do you have a club/resort close by? Do you feel the need is met in your location?

This topic was edited
RE: Another North Eastern club goes textile...

Financially I couldn't see how Bonita was going to make it. We were there twice last year and it was pretty much dead both times. The couple that owned it were two of the nicest people we ever met but it does take money to live. How sad. We wish them luck in their new adventure.

This post was edited

I believe there is at least one nonlanded club in that area. You might give them a shout and perhaps urge them to visit a nudist park as a group.

This post was edited

Sad to hear this. We've been there a couple of times. It was a nice place. I'm afraid there will be more to follow.

This post was edited

Financially I couldn't see how Bonita was going to make it. We were there twice last year and it was pretty much dead both times. The couple that owned it were two of the nicest people we ever met but it does take money to live. How sad. We wish them luck in their new adventure.
I can back this up. The last few times I have been there, it was absolutely dead. I think the primary reason was that Bonita was primarily was made up of members of blue collar occupations. The economy really took a tow on them. When I was there last time, I was told this person and that person lost their job or their contracting business really took a dive. Wished Jerry and Annie could make a go of it. They were one of the best representatives of naturism I've seen.

This post was edited

It is really very unfortunate that betweenthe thirty thousand or more nudists in America, we cannot all kick in $25 dollars and send it anonymously to a resort like this when times are "lean". Twenty-five dollars time thirty thousand souls adds up to seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars! To me that is enough money to pull ANY business venture out of the hole and keep them going for another year, or two or three!
Except for Solyndra and that's a whole separate story!
~

This post was edited

We will have to invite Jerry and Annie down to go skinny dipping. Already talked to them about it in the past. They are good people.

This post was edited

BVnudist In western N.Y. there is a resort near Rochester and another near Sherman. I have been to the one near Sherman many times. Brushwood Folk Lore Resort, ( www.brushwood.com ) It is C/O but nice place, rather spartan. People are friendly and the cost minimal. In 2012, $10 per night for tent and $15 for RV. The RV includes water and electricity. In July, they have Sirius Rising, large pagan festival, over 1400 people each year. And, right after that, Summerfest. I recommend it for a laid-back, relaxing campgrounds.

This post was edited