Ship Island

Has anyone been to Ship Island...off the coast of Biloxi/Gulfport, Ms.? I understand there is a nude area there. Have been there a few times but never knew there was an area for us nudists. Where do you go to get to it once on the island by the fort?

This topic was edited
RE: Ship Island

When Sandy Bares first started (nonlanded club) in MS, they visited Ship Island from time to time. It's not a legally nude area and not always just tolerated.

This post was edited

If a hundred people got together and just made it happen, what could they say?

This post was edited

If a hundred people got together and just made it happen, what could they say?They could ticket them all.

This post was edited

The reason I questioned this is while reviewing the info on Ship Island at various sites there has been several article written about a nude area at the east end of the island. Not being sure without someone who has visited there I am hesitant. Been there a few times but never questioned whether there was a nude area.

This post was edited

I've been there and been nude on the eastern end of the island.I was mostly alone but did walk past a few people laying out and enjoying each other.I was cautious,though knowing some might object and go back to the fort area and report me or that the patrol on 4 wheelers may come my way.It seems to be a do at your own risk thing, but its been a few years ago. I mainly just paddle out to Deer Island, right off the coast of biloxi, and pretty much am free to be nude all day, though alone on the ocean side of the island. I rarely ever encounter anyone on the island, or at least beyond the beach on the right end of the island. Randall0963

This post was edited

I have been to ship island in the past and the rangers have never even patrolled past where we were sunbathing, and the only others we saw sunbathing near us were either nude or wearing very small G-strings

This post was edited

Your post was a little while ago. But let me tell you about my last experience on Ship Island, anyway. I have been going to the Island since 2004, about 2-4 times a summer. It is a wonderful place if you don't mind the heat and boat trip. The Rangers before 2011 were very nice and would come talk to you while you were nude. They didn't have any issues with the nudist. Last summer was a little different. A new female Ranger drove up while I was walking around nude. She was furious, she had just spoke with a nude gentleman further down thebeach.No one was in sight of us and we were very careful when others walked by to get dressed again. The other gentleman was about 100 yards closer to the clothed beach, so I used him as an early warning system.She was shocked that I was naked. Remember I was used to Rangers not giving a damn if you were naked in the past 7 years. Never had any issues. She yelled about being on federally managedland and about the rules. I mentioned that no one was around and I was very careful to not be seen naked. And she yelled even more about how she can arrest me as a sexual predator in Miss. and I would be forever be on the list, blah, blah, blah. I told here that nudity and sex are totally different things. And she yelled again. I thought it would be smart of me to shut up. As I'm naked in a different state and she has a gun and hand cuffs. LOLShe let us go with a 5 minute lecture and warning. The other guy, I met up with on the boat ride back. Was pissed. He wanted to report her to blah, blah. So just a warning. If you see the ranger coming, be careful. Otherwise again, it's a great place.

This post was edited

They do offer a private island group rate. I think it's from 4:30pm to 7:00 pm. Where your group is the only ones on the island.

This post was edited