Where did the AANR logo go?

Well it's been an interesting ride, at first we were accepted into their "Trusted Website" program.
Our application was approved and we were provided the "Trusted Seal". After just a few days ofa few of the "trustees of the board" complained and required us to remove it. I know that one ofour smaller competitors is friends with a lot of the people in AANR and in my opinion believethis may have influenced this decision.
I was denied a reason for the dismissal and even a contact to discuss the matter with, until Ithreatened to notify my user base about the dismissal. I was contacted today by Jim Smock, AANR Executive Director, who told me the reason for the dismissal was because there were some pictures that he foundthat could be construed as provacative. There is always a challenge to keep the site clean, and I believe we do a pretty good job at moderating and removing these pictures, but without completely removing thepictures it's not possible to notice every misplaced hand. That said, I was happy to have at least been acknowledged and given a reason for the dismissal.
The problem that haunts me after this, is not that our site does not conform to AANR's definition of nudism. It's that sites that face the same issues as us are allowed. It seems rather fishy to me that my competitorswho have the same difficulty as us in moderating pictures are allowed into the "Trusted Website" program. Our site has the most advanced moderation techniques, every single picture is seen by a moderator, andusers have the ability to flag anything that sneaks through, our competitors do not. When I asked how this waspossible, I was told it was not something that could be discussed. I'm not going to persue this any further.We've already been denied a chance to advertise with AANR in January, now the trusted website fees, andthey've already lost these 2 members, I hope that the money that they're turning down is for the right reason,and not just a friendly favor to our competitor.
What are your thoughts on the matter?

This topic was edited
RE: Where did the AANR logo go?

Okay, so why then are we still listed on their website as a "trusted site"?
https://www.aanr.com/trusted-websites&showsites=true

This post was edited

I'm sure they'll remove it soon enough.

This post was edited

AANR is a dying organization. Obviously, there are some B.S. politics at play here and we all know exactly from whom. I wouldn't worry too much about it TT1. I cancelled my membership there years ago, because it's useless. Who wants some creepy weird newspaper delivered to their house every month, and the 10% off I receive at clubs doesn't even reimburse half my membership fee.

This post was edited

Seems to me if you're going to be rejected there need to be clear examples of any violation and guidelines that are more specific than just "provocative". Odd that you would be flat rejected with no opportunity to resolve any concerns. I've never been a member of AANR and don't have any plans to, so no worries from me that you don't have their "Good Housekeeping" seal.
On a similar note, I read comments here on TN from members who've had pictured deleted. Can't you have some kind of notice or automated message to affected members that let's them know you're doing that?

This post was edited

aanr is in the election process of electing new officers. hopefully the younger (as in not carrying both an aanr & aarp card) wins the election and brings in some fresh more modern ideas.

This post was edited

Im pretty sure Brian Spence is the competitor teamtrue1 is talking about is running in those elections. I highly doubt that it's acoincidencethat his involvement is why the site was denied. Seems pretty corrupt, I haven't renewed my membership for AANR this year and I don't think I will.

This post was edited

your site is the blandest, least sexual nudest site on the planet, it seems impossible that aanr would be more bland than you are

This post was edited

Well I don't know the exact reasons AANR did that, but if it was for pics on here, it's understanable, many of the pics here are over the top for a nudist site, very sexual in nature. While it is up to the owner of a site to choose what her allows, it is also up to aanr to choose what they approve. As to the mods approving pics, well thats not what they claim, they state the have no control over the pics and can only flag them like everyone else. Just like in here, you make the rules and people are expected to live with them, AANR can do the same. As to no explanation, well, many have been booted out of the room and never told why, and if someone asks what they did, many times they are told to be quiet or get booted. Much could be done to "clean up" this site, more then just checking on the pics, many fake profiles exist here, many have been found out by other users, and nothing is done, perhaps that played a factor. As to AANR going away, i doubt that will happen anytime soon. As to the member who claims the discount doesn't amount to half his aanr member dues, well as someone who is a member of aanr and goes to resorts all i can say is he must not go to a resort very ofter. The cost of an AANR membership is small, 10% adds up fast. Also, the money goes to support nudism across the board, membership here goes to support the site, not nudism as a whole. I would like to see the AANR seal come back, I think it would be good for the site. Perhaps limiting people to only 5 pics would make it easier to control. I for one would like to see a much tougher certification process. The removal of profiles over a year inactive, a more active approach to dealing with proflles that contain fake pics, the removal of private profiles, profiles with more general info would be great, listing what State or country your from would be of help. Anyway, just my thoughts.

This post was edited

I joined the other site and here about the same time when both sites were about the same size. I am confident that the AANR reasoning is based on what the other site owner says. I have seen attacks on this site by friends of the owner in the chat there. There is a strong resentment that this site had a tremendous growth and the other did not. The forums and groups here play a big part in the growth, guests and new members can learn a lot about the lifestyle without being forced to become paying members. The ability to send messages without paid membership is another reason.This action by AANR only confirms my decision to not become a member. I have seen that their primary goal is not to promote nudism but to promote nudist resorts that promote AANR membership. I prefer a nude beach to a resort, the one I go to is well regulated and patrolled for a fraction of the price of a resort.

This post was edited

aanr is in the election process of electing new officers. hopefully the younger (as in not carrying both an aanr & aarp card) wins the election and brings in some fresh more modern ideas.REALLY????

This post was edited