Tucson Nude Reddington Pass Tanque Verde Falls

I have read you can actually hike nude at Reddington Pass. The trail is marked "You may encounter nude hikers". I have never been and have wanted to go for a long time. Any one had any experience there?
-Summer

This topic was edited
RE: Tucson Nude Reddington Pass Tanque Verde Falls

Yes, you can hike and sun nude up Reddington Pass. However, the sign does not say that... Also, the area that you want to hike/sun in is the very top of the falls. There are basically three trailheads. The first one has a paved parking lot... the second one has a make-shift parking area on the side of the road and a hill about a half mile up the road from the first trailhead... and finally, the third trailhead - the one that you want - is just about a 100 yards north of the second trailhead. If you are up for a hike there... let me know.

This post was edited

I hike in Tanque Verde Falls alot, (Reddington pass) and have seen people of all ages and clothed, and nude, and in between, I have never had an issue there and recommend it over Sabina which is posted No public Nudity, the Sheriff will enforce the law, but I have yet to see one up there.If you do go to Tanque Verde, message me I can show you how to get there, etc...Darren

This post was edited

I hike in Tanque Verde Falls alot, (Reddington pass) and have seen people of all ages and clothed, and nude, and in between, I have never had an issue there and recommend it over Sabina which is posted No public Nudity, the Sheriff will enforce the law, but I have yet to see one up there.If you do go to Tanque Verde, message me I can show you how to get there, etc...DarrenI used to go years ago. There was a nice pool about a quarter mile up the trail that I used to like to play in. I'd even bring friends. But the pool has silted up and there doesn't seem to be a place to swim (play in the water, really) anymore. Granted, I haven't gone up since the latest batch of rain, so some of the silt may have washed out.

This post was edited

I've only hiked nude at Tanque Verde once,and it wasn't an ideal situation. There wasn't a drop of water in the stream, the Falls were bone dry, and the entire area leading up to the Falls was crowded with several hundred clothed people.Cars wereparked everywhere, even along thesides of the roads. Go beyond the Falls to what is considered a clothing optional area, and there's not much to look at, or places of interest to hike. This, of course, was on a weekend in spring-time. The temperature was pleasant, and the sky was clear, but when you go to a waterfall you want to see water ...falling. My notes say the hike to the clothing optional area is short but about a 200 foot vertical climb ...down and then back up.

This post was edited

Anyone up for a nude swim? I am in Tucson on vacation and would like somebody to show me the exact spot. How is the water level at this time of the year? Thanks

This post was edited

Was at the pass yesterday. I only saw 5-6 nude guys tanning and hiking in the pass. Surprising given the nice weather and the week end. Will go back later this week. Anyone coming ? pls let me know

This post was edited

Was in the pass late afternoon. Only saw one nude couple tanning. May go back on week end to see if more people show up. Anyone coming ?

This post was edited

Anyone for a hike tomorrow and possibly a little swim

This post was edited

The weather is perfect for the Falls. I am going on Tuesday. It will be my first time.
Luv,
Summer

This post was edited

The weather is perfect for the Falls. I am going on Tuesday. It will be my first time.Luv,SummerI'm here now. Lotsa water. It's beautiful. Though I took the second trail head to the falls, there are children and lots of textiles. I'm not disappointed but was hoping for a sea of nudity I could join.

This post was edited