2013 , so where are you paddling to ?

have you taken out you paddling book of rivers, creeks , lakes near you scoping out your upcoming paddle adventure ?

This topic was edited
RE: 2013 , so where are you paddling to ?

i thought i mislaid or lost my georgia canoe- kayak guide but found it the other day to scope out my adventures, my first three are
chattahoochee river- run through atlanta but mainly paddle to the north of it and once away from ramp and first bridge about 500 feet i can paddle nude.
alcovy river- it's nearby , been wanting to paddle it just unsure what to expect since it's narrow and shallow alot of times. also some rapids , i'm a calm river paddler to old for to much action class 1 or 2 ok.
charlie elliot park numberous lakes haven't been so again not sure what to expect, talked to a paddler that said one lake went into the wilderness so maybe some nude paddle time.
also my regular lakes and maybe a few larger ones.

This post was edited

Hope to hit the Delaware River though the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. It's in our backyard and I'm ashamed to say I've never made that trip.

This post was edited

i use to live in ft.lauderdale years ago and didn't have a kayak but a powerboat and the one thing i alway kick myself for is never boating on key biscayne, been up and down the ICW in the ocean and even drove car across bridges. my one goal someday is to kayak key biscayne, the keys and the 10,000 islands , yes there are alot of places as beautiful but these areas are a treasure ! my question with all the boaters on key biscayne is it possible to paddle nude.

This post was edited

ok i'm scanning the web and looking at some cool places not nearby but doable, yes it's good to dream. i need to get me another popup camper throw yak in bed of truck and go explore...

This post was edited

i have a small fishing boat with 2 electric trolling motors and a small kicker that i love to fish from - plenty of room to sit back relax and fish but when i am in my kayak just a few feet from the shore exploring and getting up close to nature it's amazing how close you can get up close to fish, turtles and even birds that my fishing boat won't. it's also so quiet i take a radio the motors are humming or grunting (gas motor) but on the kayak i take the bare minimum with me no radio and the cell phone in hiding - yes it a whole different experience.

This post was edited

I'm doing the Alabama Scenic river trail.631 miles of Coosa,then Alabama river, week by week as I can get away from work. I left off the river in September about 30 miles west of Montgomery, and will resume there in the spring, heading for Mobile, and the trails end of Fort Morgan.There is some populated areas but for the most part I'm free to dress or not as I please along the river. Love it ,and it is quiet scenic as well.Ready to get back out there.

This post was edited

I have and 11ft sit ontop. I'm new to the Englewwod Fl area. Anyone have any suggestions?

This post was edited

July 27th, 2013 - Travelites will be having their 18th paddle from the Nichols, SC area. It's an easy 7 mile float.

This post was edited

busy weekend plan but hopefully monday i can go drop my yak in the pond, hopefully a t-shirt and shorts will do but maybe more. have my yak pretty well finished with fittings.

This post was edited