bathing suits

ok i know when we go paddling we have to wear something at least at the ramp or dock so what do you wear ? and how far do you paddle before you get nude, also do you have a canoe or sit on or sit in kayak and how exposed are you ?

This topic was edited
RE: bathing suits

well spring summer i wear a t-shirt, shorts and sandals ( yes i go commando 365 ) but when kayaking in my sit in i also wear a speedo/bikini under my shorts and at the ramp i leave my shorts in the car to keep them dry and wear my bathing suit when there and depending where i'm at several lakes i kayak i stay in the bathing suit until i get to my nude creek when it's secluded enough to be nude, i have a few times removed it but it is usually busy so not to often. on the river once i clear the ramp and bridge i than get nude. i really don't mind wearing a speedo/bikini as they are very minimum in fact i just got a great deal on 3 speedo brand bikini's . actually have more bathing suits than underwear :)

This post was edited

Shadowwynd we have same problem in georgia that's why i have bathing suits but i agree oregon and vermont are the places to live if your a nudist some places the most they will do is tell you to dress, here in georgia you are arrested most likely and made a sexual predator - how is being nude a sexual predator. but florida is also pretty relaxed with several nude beaches and the nudist capital of the usa, as for key biscayne it's beautiful down there and would love to get down there with my yak - back in the 60's and 70's i lived in ft.lauderdale a mere 25 miles from key biscayne .

This post was edited

I wear a pair of skimpy, slit sided, nylon running shorts from which I have removed the liner. OK, it almost naked. Even that goes as soon as I am away from ramp. I slip them down next to my seat on the left and a towel accordioned beside my seat on the right. If an errant fisherman motors up I can lay the towel accross my lap in no time. The shorts are skimpy and light enough that I can put them in my hat if I take to hiking in the woods or on trails. With the slits up the sides, the leg holes are quite wide and very easily put on in a hurry.

PS: I uploaded a few photos of me, my yak, and dog. I also uploaded a few photos of me in my shorts. (One might be forebidden my the moderators).

This post was edited

great pictures Lilstones

This post was edited

I canude/boat nude in the Everglades National Park every Summer. I get naked as soon as I am clear of the marina but keep a towel handy until I am out of narrow channels near the marina. Once on open water, the towel gets put away. I have been stopped by Marine Patrol, Park Rangers, and Coast Guard, and none of them have ever said a word about my nudity. They just wanted to see life jackets, camping permits, fishing license, etc.
I have also been visited by Rangers in the backcountry campsites of the park, and again, they say nothing about me being nude. Might be different if I went during the peak season (Jan- April), but I don't know. I only go in Summer.
My website has some of my nude aquatic trips
https://campingbare.mine.nu/report.htm

This post was edited

campingbare ain't that misqueto time of year, we use to go up to loxahatchee fishing ,when we got out in the sawgrass off came the clothes and we fished and sunbathed nude .

This post was edited

again thats one great reason for a sit in yak one of the rivers i paddle once away from the ramp and after the bridge couple hundred feet away i am nude and yeah a towel is handy but not really needed. i do like the idea that a sit on is better for getting onto and definately better for sunbathing but to paddle nude down most rivers would be a challenge nude i would think.

This post was edited

I wear a speedo, and loose it as soon as I feel that I'm out of eyesight. I usually am in my touring kayak, so don't feel exposed at all. I'll keep it handy just incase someone should come up near or boatside on the river, but for the most part am free to be nude as long as I'm out on the river. Its fairly easy to slip back into it when I need to, be it in a hurry or before coming in to shore.

This post was edited

When I set out I wear only lightweight mesh jogging shorts with the lining removed to get the canoe to the water and load it. Once in the water the shorts slide off when I am 50 to 100 yards from the landing. If other canoeists approach who look like they might be offended, I just place thee rolled up shorts between my legs so it is still obvious I am naked but nothing shows. Once camping, I am nude on my campsite and when I go out in the canoe I take only the paddle and the required safety equipment.

This post was edited

I just keep shorts in my canoe - diff to get on and off - only have to wear at beginning and end of trip - once we get to remote areas no need at all - and that is where we camp/skinnydip

This post was edited