Not My Wife

Like I said before, I've been a nudist for over 50 years. My wife doesn't like it. I go around the house naked even when her friend is there. She says she's a nudist too, but my wife still won't do it. Why?

This topic was edited
RE: Not My Wife

I assume you have taken her to a resort so she knows you are not the only "crazy" out there?

This post was edited

Let me ask you ... have you sat down and asked your wife "why?" It does no good to ask us. We can speculate but only your wife knows for sure why she's not interested. She may have some fears, concerns ... questions. They may be valid or they may be because she is uninformed. Has her friend, who states she's a nudist, ever talked to her about it? Is it possible for your wife and friend to spend some time alone, talking about it and maybe spending "girl" time nude without you around? You'll never know why your wife doesn't want to be naked with you ... unless you ask her. If she's unwilling to listen or talk about it ... asking us isn't going to change that. It's unfortunate ... but if that's all it took ... there'd be a hell of a lot less reluctant wives out there. :-)

This post was edited

Let me ask you ... have you sat down and asked your wife "why?" It does no good to ask us. We can speculate but only your wife knows for sure why she's not interested. She may have some fears, concerns ... questions. They may be valid or they may be because she is uninformed. Has her friend, who states she's a nudist, ever talked to her about it? Is it possible for your wife and friend to spend some time alone, talking about it and maybe spending "girl" time nude without you around? You'll never know why your wife doesn't want to be naked with you ... unless you ask her. If she's unwilling to listen or talk about it ... asking us isn't going to change that. It's unfortunate ... but if that's all it took ... there'd be a hell of a lot less reluctant wives out there. :-)There's a section under Resources at TNS's website (205 arguments in support of naturism) www.naturistsociety.com that disputes most of the reluctance. I have put together a brochure for reluctant partners that I will gladly email anyone asking for it via email. It will be a PDF file, but just don't hand her the information.
Read what Andy wrote above my comments here. The most important things (3 of them): be patient, be patient, be patient, plus don't nag. There are places that are clothing-optional rather than nude mandatory that might be a solution to easing her into it. Perhaps just sleeping nude might be a start.

This post was edited

I would like to hear more of what dicussions they have had and has he taken her to any clubs

This post was edited

Like I said before, I've been a nudist for over 50 years. My wife doesn't like it. I go around the house naked even when her friend is there. She says she's a nudist too, but my wife still won't do it. Why?If you feel the need to ask and have not asked your wife already than you obviously are a clueless male. I gather, in my own intuition, that you are ignorant at best. Forgive me if I've misread. If you do not have open lines of communication with the woman. I assume you vowed to love and cherish, yet you choose to be without clothing in front of her friend without clearly caring about how she feels about it, you are a fool. You say your wife's friend is a nudist too, how do you know this? It seems you invest more in her friend and I would imagine your wife may feel threatened as you show little concern for her needs. Your wife is a trooper for staying married to you. Start loving her well and she may come around if she's not too damaged by your insensitivity already.

This post was edited

Let me ask you ... have you sat down and asked your wife "why?" It does no good to ask us. We can speculate but only your wife knows for sure why she's not interested. She may have some fears, concerns ... questions. They may be valid or they may be because she is uninformed. Has her friend, who states she's a nudist, ever talked to her about it? Is it possible for your wife and friend to spend some time alone, talking about it and maybe spending "girl" time nude without you around? You'll never know why your wife doesn't want to be naked with you ... unless you ask her. If she's unwilling to listen or talk about it ... asking us isn't going to change that. It's unfortunate ... but if that's all it took ... there'd be a hell of a lot less reluctant wives out there. :-)You are too kind A&D... I'm grateful for your friendship... always sincere, honest, caring...

This post was edited

From your profile, it would seem like you've been a nudist since you were 14 years old. Did you not discuss this before you got married? Didn't you ever take her to a nudist venue when you were dating? How much do you discuss things now? From the way you talk, you are the subject of either an arranged marriage or a shotgun wedding. In both of these cases love had no bearing on the nuptials and it seem like it hasn't entered the picture yet. Not only does it seem like there is no love, it looks like there is no respect either. Without love and respect there is only misery, which would appear you have in abundance.
Please forgive me and correct me if I have read too much into your brief post.

This post was edited

The first thing I'm wondering; since the friend has stated she's a nudist: is she nude when she visits? If the friend is a nudist but is never nude around the couple, then that statement is not going to carry much weight. If she occasionally is nude when she visits, then that's a perfect set-up to have a constructive conversation. And sometimes it's even better for the husband to butt out a little and let the ladies talk it out.

• I've seen first hand the powerful and revealing effect it can have for a textile woman to discuss nudism in a personal setting with a nude woman. A woman will often open up and be more candid about her hang-ups/inhibitions in that setting.

This post was edited

Stooge asked the question seven months ago. He hasn't added anything. Why should we?

This post was edited

In the off chance someone with exactly the same issue comes here looking for answers!? :)

This post was edited