Running into someone you know?

<<<12>>>  Pageof 2
funlovinred

funlovinred

Barefoot [25] | 4 years ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Small Town, Canada | 39

Running into someone you know?

I'm curious and would like to hear the stories, if anyone has ever run into someone they knew at a nudist resort or beach?  I mean someone that didn't already know you were a nudist/naturist and you didn't know they were either.  And if you knew that person fairly well, was it awkward or uncomfortable?  My guess is it might be for a second but it would pass fairly quickly?  Being a new nudist I'm wondering if I'll ever run into someone I know at a resort, so far I haven't but ???
AndyDi

AndyDi

Ultra Nudist [2575] | 4 years ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | So Cal, California United States | 63

Loves being naked, plays well with others!

RE: Running into someone you know?

We've run into 2 people we know/knew.  One was a female, PTA mom, my wife and I knew when we lived in another city.  Knew her quite well ... we thought! hahaha      She was too embarrassed to come over and say hi ... so we didn't push.  Another time was a guy I used to work with.  He's pretty secretive and no one knows so ... he was afraid I was gonna start telling others where I saw him.  I said ... dude ... I got more important things to do then to talk about seeing you naked.  hahaha
funlovinred

funlovinred

Barefoot [25] | 4 years ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Small Town, Canada | 39

lol...thanks for sharing.
vtnycouple

vtnycouple

Textile [8] | 4 years ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Couple | Vermont United States | 33 & 33

The wife brought this issue up the first time we went to a beach. What if we see some one we know. I said it wouldn't matter would it? Obviously you didn't know that they were nudist(s) and they didn't us so what is the big deal.
Chronomist

Chronomist

Barefoot [42] | 4 years ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Exact Address And Ss#, Maryland United States | 52

I just know that one day I'm gonna run into my AUnt and uncle at Gunnison. They've been living just a few miles away for ages and both of their tans are always way off the hook.
nudony

nudony

Undies Only [142] | 4 years ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Georgia United States | 46

I used to ask myself the same question; and when it actually happened, it turned out to be just kind of uneventful.  I was at WTP, chatting in the clubhouse, when a guy comes barging in with a smile and walks directly towards me.  By the time he got in my personal space, I recognized him.  He was a college classmate - from my stats class if I remember correctly.  When I recognized him we just shook hands, talked for a little bit without any sense of discomfort, and then he went on his way. 
  • I think it was uneventful because it was so direct.  He just walked right up to me.  Also, we weren't THAT close.  Had we known each more personally the approach might have been a little more hesitant.
sunnmaxx

sunnmaxx

Super Nudist [701] | 4 years ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Couple | W. Des Moines, Iowa United States | 54 & 38

One of the couples in our club shared a moment when they were at a resort in the neighboring state and  somehow met another couple from their how town.  He said they appeared very nervous and even though they were there for another week they did not see the couple again and were afraid the other couple get scared off.  It's the only negative story i have heard of.
ma_jandc

ma_jandc

Butt Naked [455] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Couple | Lexington, Massachusetts United States | 49 & 45

--&nbsp;<br>&nbsp; ma_jandc <br>&nbsp; ma.jandc@yahoo.com<br><br> <br>

Finally happened to us at the Spaghetto concert at Berkshire Vista nude resort in Hancock, MA. I saw a woman with a yellow baseball cap and told my wife it looked like one of the volunteer hats from Solair, another local nudist resort. When she turned to us I saw that it had greek letters on it... from my fraternity. Then the man she is with turns and has the same greek letters on his hat. Then I realize I know him from alumni events and he was from the same school, about 5 or so years ahead of me. I said hi, and we ended up eating with them before heading back to our lawn chairs under a canopy for the concert. Saw them again at the hot tub after the concert was over. He hadn't recognized me at first, until I mentioned a conversation we had at the fraternity house last homecoming. Our school's next homecoming is in a couple of weeks.
John_Long

John_Long

Butt Naked [342] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Boondocks, Pennsylvania United States | 66

Last summer I ran the nude 5K at White Thorn Lodge. They had two massage therapists working that day to take care of sore muscles and stuff after the run. I went over before the race and signed up for a massage on the clipboard they had on the table. It turns out that both of the massage therapists they had there that day were women I go to in my area for a full body massage.  I told  Linda, the one doing my massage that I didn't know she did nude massage.  She said she didn't know I was a nudist.
DesertRat

DesertRat

Ultra Nudist [3121] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Couple | Phoenix, Arizona United States | 68 & 71

I have some good friends who are nudists and once ran a catering business. The husband did most of the work and the wife helped out at the parties. The husband got a booking through his nudist connections for a party for nudists. While serving guests at the party the wife ran into someone she knew from work. They both worked at the same national bank. The woman was very embarrassed and pleaded with my friend not to tell any one at work. My friend, never revealed that she was also a nudist, but assured the woman that if she told anyone it would be very bad for their catering business because they would lose any repeat business. She never told but the woman was always cool to her after that.
Freecospirit

Freecospirit

Undies Only [122] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Couple | Merseyside, England United Kingdom | 72 & 60

It depends on the situation.  It may be embarrassing but as long as you are in a situation where nudity is acceptable (eg CO beach or other CO event) then it should not matter even if the others are clothed.
Lakeman221

Lakeman221

Super Nudist [757] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Elm Grove, Louisiana United States | 55

If your at a nudist resort and run into someone you know and neither of you knew the other was into being a nudist, it should be a non-issue, as you are both there for the same reason. To be naked amongst other people who also want to be naked. So just talk to them as you would in any other setting you would encounter them in.
Rockdad

Rockdad

Butt Naked [386] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Couple | NW Indiana, Indiana United States | 55 & 56

When we first started regularly visiting a club I had heard that another business couple from our town were members. We were nervous about this as we also served in the Court system and the Judge would be less than approving. We managed to avoid running into them until one day at the Pool. I said the heck with it, we knew who they were and they knew us so I approached the husband and put the cards on the table. They were as nervous as us about being outed back at home.
We have been very good friends every since, well enough we did a nude cruise with them last February.
noodengr2

noodengr2

Butt Naked [480] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Fort Wayne, Indiana United States | 55

I have a couple of running into some I knew. First one needs a bit of background.   My nearest neighbors at the time lived about 1/5 mile up the road across a semi over grown field. They pretty much keep to themselves.  He in fact has a reputation of being a grumpy old man.  They did go out of town for a weekand asked me to get their mail and newspapers in which I gladly did. They must have come home late Saturday eve and mid morning on SUnday before I had a chance to take the stack up to them  he drove down here to get the mail.  I had a good nude streak goingsomething like 24 hours and simply did not feel like putting anything on, so I greeted him bare at the door.  He did a double takebut did not ask me to cover up.  Later the same week he stopped by again I think mainly to see if I would give him a bare greeting again.  Of course I did.   The next summer I was up at Turtle Lake Nudist Resort in Michigan about an hour away.  Sure enough while walking to the club house both he and his wife walked right by me.  I nodded hello and they did the same.  But neither of us stopped and talkedOver the years he has stopped by a few times to drop of misdelivered mail and more often than not i have been bare.Nothing has ever been mentioned about our TLR encounter
The other encounter also took place at TLR.  They have a 5 k walk run each June.  I walk.  Afterwards a group of uswere conversing in the pool when one guy related a story about being a teacher and said his name as Mr…..Something clicked.  Yes I knew the guy,  well actually had only met him a time or two, but I know his dad and my best friendand the teacher had been in local community theater.   I tipped my hand that I we had several friends in commonbut also assured him that his bare run was safe with me.    I also added that if he shared with someone that he saw me at TLRbare run,  it would not bother me at all.
limestone26

limestone26

Topless [87] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Tampa, Florida United States | 57

I met a couple through Ancestry.com that live near me in Tampa.  His grandmother was my grandfather's half sister.  They invited me to their home to go over family information and he hesitantly mentioned that they lived in Paradise Lakes.  I told him "Dude, you don't know how cool I am with that." 
ManOfWicklow

ManOfWicklow

Ultra Nudist [18017] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Nr Tamworth, But Originally From Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom | 65

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.

I ran into an old friend last week, not my fault, he just suddenly walked straight in front of my car.
macnude

macnude

Super Nudist [1037] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Conway, South Carolina United States | 76

Have you read and signed the Nudist Bill of Rights? http://www.aanr.com/nudist-bill-of-rights Grinand Bare it! Ar

A few years ago, a neighbor of mine for whom I had done some contract work spotted me in the pool at the local club. Being newbies, he and his wife seemed very happy to chat with someone that they knew.The opposite of that was when I ran into a friend from the club in downtown Chicago while we were both wearing business suits. That brought to mind the old nudist joke, " I didn't recognize you with clothes on."
kijad40

kijad40

Butt Naked [332] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Austin, Texas United States | 46

I was at one of our clubs introduction to nudism meetings (as I am an officer) and a gentleman from another club I am in came in, recognized me, and almost took off. We convinced him to stay and now he is a happy member of our club.

Stay Naked!
jollyman_sing

jollyman_sing

Topless [90] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Austin, Texas United States | 59

One time I ran into someone in a work related encounter who also goes to Hippie Hollow.  Of course it was the ol' "Wow, you look different with your clothes on" type of greeting.  Was a bit awkward at first as I try to distance my professional and business life.  I did see a rather funny encounter between a brother and sister (also at Hippie) back in the late '70s.  It was funny to see both of them try to avoid the other and then the "don't tell mom" statements!
atldavis

atldavis

Undies Only [206] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Smyrna, Georgia United States | 55

Not really my story but I will share:  The very first time I went to a nudist event, I had the same hesitation of, "What if I see someone I know?"  Well, I didn't, but two guys who arrived at almost the same time CLEARLY knew each other, and CLEARLY were uncomfortable seeing each other.  They saw each other in the area where everyone was undressing, and the second to arrive almost turned around and left.  After a minute or so of serious awkwardness, one let out a laugh, and a second or two later, the other guy relaxed.  They seemed to have a great time after that.
Since then I have seen several friends in nudist situations.  I always remember those other guys, and think it's no big deal. 
atldavis

atldavis

Undies Only [206] | 12 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Smyrna, Georgia United States | 55

Not really my story but I will share:  The very first time I went to a nudist event, I had the same hesitation of, "What if I see someone I know?"  Well, I didn't, but two guys who arrived at almost the same time CLEARLY knew each other, and CLEARLY were uncomfortable seeing each other.  They saw each other in the area where everyone was undressing, and the second to arrive almost turned around and left.  After a minute or so of serious awkwardness, one let out a laugh, and a second or two later, the other guy relaxed.  They seemed to have a great time after that.
Since then I have seen several friends in nudist situations.  I always remember those other guys, and think it's no big deal. 
ManOfWicklow

ManOfWicklow

Ultra Nudist [18017] | 10 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Nr Tamworth, But Originally From Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom | 65

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.

I ran into someone I know last week. I was driving slow,they only suffered minor cuts and bruises.
NudistManRI

NudistManRI

Textile [1] | 10 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Lincoln, Rhode Island United States | 38

I'm curious and would like to hear the stories, if anyone has ever run into someone they knew at a nudist resort or beach?  I mean someone that didn't already know you were a nudist/naturist and you didn't know they were either.  And if you knew that person fairly well, was it awkward or uncomfortable?  My guess is it might be for a second but it would pass fairly quickly?  Being a new nudist I'm wondering if I'll ever run into someone I know at a resort, so far I haven't but ???
Shortly after becoming a nudist my aunt/uncle overheard me taking about the beach I went to. They knew it was a nude beach and later asked me about it. Long story short, they are nudists as well but keep discreet. I've since joined them nude on occasion.
IMHAWK07

IMHAWK07

Super Nudist [841] | 10 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Male | Gurnee, Just North Of Chicago, Illinois United States | 45

<P>&nbsp;</P>

I ran into an old friend last week, not my fault, he just suddenly walked straight in front of my car.
This is just funny, LoL. Thanks for the laugh :-)
jayne210190

jayne210190

Barefoot [28] | 10 months ago | More Info

FlagQuoteReply

Female | Shropshire, Shropshire United Kingdom | 26

I've met someone I know at a nude swim. I really liked seeing a friendly face from the textile world in a nude environment. It was a bit of a surprise as I had no idea he was a nudist and I'd never thought about bumping into a textile friend before. Personally I wasn't worried because if you're both there to be nude then why should there be any weirdness? It's not like you got caught by a textile friend, you're both there for the same reason and both appreciate the nudist lifestyle. Having said that he was a little nervous at first, but after we got talking it turned out he was relatively new to nudism anyway so it might have been that rather than meeting me there. We've met since in a textile environment (with friends) and not mentioned it at all, and he seemed more relaxed with clothes on. At the swim he was acting a little odd and looked like he was staring me out as we chatted. He's been to the nude swim a few times now and seems much more comfortable with time.
<<<12>>>  Pageof 2
This is a is a non-sexual nudist website. Those seeking sexual content should leave here and join trueswingers.com © 2007- 2014 truenudists.com. | This site is owned and operated by SocialCo Media, LLC. Any charges through Zombaio Payment Services will read ZOMBAIO.COM on your cardholder statement for the merchant TicketClub AB, Box 5, SE-30102, SE [0.0878s/ 7,919 | ].