Orient bay.

hi there,
Never done an all round tan before but i do fancy trying it.
Im going to orient bay in St Maarten tommorow and never stripped off on a beach before etc....dos? donts?
Also I cant change my profile photo!!
Heres me anyway...

Can get a better resolution photo

This topic was edited
RE: Orient bay.

Take off your clothes and act as if you belong there. You do.

This post was edited

there are also some smaller and more private and beautiful nude Beaches on the Dutch side that I went to. About a twenty minute drive from the main airport.

This post was edited

Hi.
Actually, Sint Maarten is the (Dutch) name of the Dutch side; Orient Bay is on Saint Martin (the French side).
The main nude section of Orient Beach is the southern end, right in front of Orient Club. As pointed out, don't attempt to use cameras there; the beach is patrolled by Orient Club security staff. You can rent an umbrella and chair(s) from them for the day, unless you're a guest of Orient Club, in which case they are included.
The other nude beach with easy access is Cupecoy, on the southwestern end of the island (on the Dutch side), past Sapphire Beach Club and around to the left after the Ocean Club.
There are dozens of high quality restaurants, especially in Grand Case, many of them not expensive at all.
No wonder I own a timeshare week there :-)
Saludos,
Gerardo

This post was edited

We just returned from our 10th trip to St. Maarten/St. Martin. The beach in front of Club O is a great place to rid yourself of the tanlines. We frequent it often. We also go to Cupecoy where you can be nude. The two are much different, but we enjoy them both. Pleasant travels.

This post was edited

Cupecoy Beach is closer to the airport than Orient. It is less crowded than Orient and is clothing optional. Danny will rent you beach chairs and an umbrella (recommended since you can get a nasty sunburn if not careful and the sun gets quite hot). Your wife will not feel uncomfortable if she elects not to go natural as there will likely be some others dressed. Orient is a crowded beach and it can be uncomfortable for first time nudies because there are visitors from the cruise ships that walk up and down the beach in front of Club Orient to check out the nude sunbathers. If you are sunbathing, you feel like you are on display for the walkers. Cupecoy might be your best bet for a first timer.

This post was edited

My first nude experience was at club orient on orient beach this last august.. I was on a cruise and went for the day, there were both clothed and unclothed people there. I arrived and found a chair and said what the heck and just went nude, I have not looked back, it was the most relaxing experience I have ever had, the 2:30 pm two for one happy hour at the perch bar was great too!! if you want a taste of the beach ahead of time, check out club orients web cam. I have since found a local nude resort in my area and have gone multiple times, I should have started this years ago!

This post was edited

Thanks for all of the help. I am so looking forward to this trip.

This post was edited

Club Orient would be the best experience, have been going there for 26 yrs since our honeymoon and can say its the best. I would not recommend Cupacoy Beach as your first experience for your wife. As you have probably searched the web for info on the beach and the Club O (as called by the regulars) it more crowed by the Perch Bar and much less down by Papagyos. I suggest you post on Travel Talk On Line (https://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=stmartin) forums as there is a vibrant nudist following on all things St. Martin and they can provide the info on getting from the cruise ship to the beach (its, cheap and best by taxi...but I have not done it) so best ask the experts. Will be there in April as well for 10 days! Can't wait to escape winter!

This post was edited

Cupecoy Beach is closer to the airport than Orient. It is less crowded than Orient and is clothing optional. Danny will rent you beach chairs and an umbrella (recommended since you can get a nasty sunburn if not careful and the sun gets quite hot). Your wife will not feel uncomfortable if she elects not to go natural as there will likely be some others dressed. Orient is a crowded beach and it can be uncomfortable for first time nudies because there are visitors from the cruise ships that walk up and down the beach in front of Club Orient to check out the nude sunbathers. If you are sunbathing, you feel like you are on display for the walkers. Cupecoy might be your best bet for a first timer.We were at Cupecoy on Wednesday as part of the Capt. Alan's nude charter (what used to be called the Peggy & Paul nude charter) and there were a lot of rocks in the surf as you come out of the water. The sea was kind of rough that day, so it was a little hard getting onto the beach. Getting back into the water, we found a spot without the rocks and had a better time heading back out to our boats.
Orient was absolutely packed... yellow umbrellas three deep from the Papagayo restaurant all the way to the rocks at Pedro's. We expected that with six ships in port, one filled with 2000+ nudists. The textile part of Orient wasn't real busy, though. That was unexpected. I think walkers from the other ships would have been intimidated by the sheer number of nudists there that day. Cupecoy was fairly busy as well, with a lot of faces we recognized as being from our nude cruise ship.

This post was edited

We returned from SXM last night. Last Wednesday the Bare Necessities nude cruise stopped at Orient and the section from Papaguyos to Pedros was packed with more nudists than I have ever seen. There were four rows of chairs near Pedros and people spread out on towels along the Club O fence. It thinned out a little after a brief rain. We went to Cupecoy the previous Wednesday to find no sand and very rough waters that prevented any swimming. We spent the day wading in a small pool that had formed near the water's edge. Most days were spent at Club O watching the cruise ship gawkers check us out. Lots of fun!

This post was edited