Florida trails and/or parks?

Anyone know of any Florida parks or trails where nudity is permitted or remote enough to be allowed? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This topic was edited
RE: Florida trails and/or parks?

I've heard that people hike the lesser traveled trails at Withlacoochee and Ocala National Forest.

This post was edited

Last year I was at Haulover Beach, and noticed Oleta River State Park right across the road. The next day I went there and went kayaking. It was first thing in the morning on a weekday so it was very quiet as I hoped, so I kayaked naked for a while. It is not allowed, but it was quiet enough. Felt great - I have posted a couple of pics of it in my profile.

This post was edited

i hike in the ocala forest dont know how legal it is but ive never had a problem,even ran into the rangers a few times just be palite and stay away from the clothed camper

This post was edited

There is the cross Florida Greenway south of Ocala. There is a bike trail and a foot trail that run parallel , separated by several yards of tall brush and trees. I hiked part of it several times years ago. The only people I ever saw we're two guys on bikes. Actually I only saw one guy. I'm sure he saw me but he kept going. The brush was thick enough I couldn't see the other bike rider I just heard the bike go by.
And as mentioned above, the Ocala National Forest should have plenty of places. Search other nudist sites. There is/was a guy that posted about places he and his wife hiked and camped. I'm not sure what site he made those posts on.
Remember, there is no leagl nude hiking on State or Fereral land. So research the area you want to go to, find all the official hiking and camping areas and don't hike nude at those places. Good luck.

This post was edited

I'm going to be at Apollo on 8/16 and 8/17 and plan to hike the back country. I love seeing the sunrise and will most likely hike about 5 - 8 miles down. If anyone would like to join me please send me a message. Only rain will change my schedule.

This post was edited

OOOPS!! - Murphy's Law - Have to cancel my naked hike on 8/16 -17. A good friend and his wife are having a special dinner and I'll be there. As much as I like to hike nude and love the beach, friends do come first. I'll re-schedule the hike.

This post was edited

Cape San Blas Peninsula. Northern florida.Hiked the whole nine miles nude.Didn'nt see a soul. Probaly not legal, but no troubles.I walked the beach most of the way back to the public areas nude as well.

This post was edited

Have camped/backpacked nude (about 90% of the time) in the Ocala National Forest during the summertime. Entered on the Florida Trail Juniper springs Trail section. Clothed for first mile or so as you will encounter some day hikers but once crossing the Yearling Trail, hiked nude the rest of the way down to Hidden Pond. Set up camping on the far side of the forest on the back side of HP (opposite the side of the Florida Trail) although there was another guy there camping nude right beside the pond.Did a number of dayhikes where we were nude all the time although we carried our shorts in case we saw another person approaching. Summer is the best time to do it although you have to deal with the heat, afternoon thunderstorms and moderate insects so come prepared. Too many people on the trails the other time of the year that might complain.As others have said, both Playalinda and Apollo Beach, part of the Canaveral national seashore, have clothing optional sections located at the "end" of the regular beach area, but you can buy the backcountry pass and walk for miles nude. During the summer the areas do have the occasional patrol, especially early in the morning, to check/mark on seaturtle nests.

This post was edited
RE:Florida trails and/or parks?

Just some info about this even though I know it's years late lol:

https://www.nps.gov/policy/SD-91-3.pdf

From what I can tell from reading this, like has been said above, as long as you're not intentionally bothering anyone (going nude in a campsite filled with people for example) they dont really care. As it says in one part there aren't any laws stating that it's illegal to be nude in a state park but they don't want people to not come because they're afraid of seeing naked people. So ultimately, out of sight, out of mind. And it may be because I'm in Florida but most park rangers here don't care and seem to expect that there will be some people nude on some of the trails so unless they are doing some sort of conservation work they don't really "patrol" the trails. For anyone interested, Econfina State Park has one trail that, almost every time I've been, is completely deserted. So I went hiking nude yesterday and hiked for close to an hour and a half before I decided to leave. Not a single soul in sight and it was a beautiful day!

This post was edited