florida forgotten coast

has anyone paddled the fogotten coast of florida the bend north of tampa i guess near carabelle, been down there but not paddled it yet but it always reminds me of paradise . i would love to live down there and have my kayak and a small sailboat with a cabin - the perfect escape.

This topic was edited
RE: florida forgotten coast

I have indeed paddled this area. Specifically, Centipede Bay, the Homossassa area, and the Chassohowitzka area.
https://campingbare.mine.nu/foto1.htm

It is a nice area if you can get out there during the week. Not so nice on weekends

This post was edited

Have done some paddling around Cape San Blas,St. Joe peninsula,and camped at the statepark a week.I paddled the whole inside shoreline of the coastline nude, and never saw a soul.Another day, hiked 3 miles up the center of the peninsula then two and a half miles back down the beach. Beautiful. I've got intentions of doing much more of the coastline in the near future.Its beautiful around the peninsula.I'm sure the coastline far exceeds it.

This post was edited

i just believe this is a lost paradise and i'm sure it's building up, when i lived in florida back in the 70's i bet in was almost primitive except for the small towns and villages.

This post was edited

Old Florida was much better than it is now

This post was edited

Paddled out from Panacea the other day. Had a great time. Saw one fisherman and a sailboat. Both out in deep water far from me.

This post was edited