Sandy Lane

After years of encouraging my wife to go nude more often, it looks like we might be going to an actual nudist club for the first time I'm a few weeks. My wife has finally agreed to go check out Sandy Lane with me. We plan to tent camp, so I was hoping that someone could give me a bit more info than their website does. Do they have showers available? How far is it from the "grassy meadows" were tent camping is allowed to bathrooms, vending machines, etc.? Do they have grills throughout the camping areas, or should I bring my own? Any info/advice would be appreciated!

This topic was edited
RE: Sandy Lane

The wife and I went there one time last fall before the end of the season. They do have a shower you can use which is a reasonable distance from the bathroom/shower. The have a public grill near the club house you can use for burgers/steaks if you like. I didn't see anyone use it while we were there but I'm sure its available for use. They had a pot luck on Saturday when we were there. You might email George there. He can tell you if they will have one the day you are there. info@sandylaneclub.com.
I found my experience very pleasant. Actually it was a blast as it was my first "social" nudist experience. I had never been naked in mixed company before. I like you had to talk the wife into going and she ended up getting naked as well. We are going to Oaklake Trains in Oklahoma this weekend and going back to Sandy Lane June 8th.
Please let us know how you liked it.

This post was edited

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. However, after checking out Prairie Haven's website, my wife is thinking it looks a lot nicer, it's just a bit farther of a drive. I'd love to check out Oaklake, but it's even farther yet... I'm not ruling anything out, though. My wife JUST had her first exposure to social nudity a few days ago, and that was just 6 other people at the local hot spring. This is a big deal to her, so it's ultimately up to her where we go. Any and all feedback will help her in making that decision.

This post was edited

Did you go to Prairie Haven? We are going there in a couple weeks for the whole weekend. two nights in one of their cabins. Cant wait.

This post was edited

After years of encouraging my wife to go nude more often, it looks like we might be going to an actual nudist club for the first time I'm a few weeks. My wife has finally agreed to go check out Sandy Lane with me. We plan to tent camp, so I was hoping that someone could give me a bit more info than their website does. Do they have showers available? How far is it from the "grassy meadows" were tent camping is allowed to bathrooms, vending machines, etc.? Do they have grills throughout the camping areas, or should I bring my own? Any info/advice would be appreciated!I have been to Sandy Lane many times ... it's not a large club ..... but a nice group of people!
I started out tent camping .... have moved up to a camper now, they do have cabins to rent.
I am a member there now...... I always enjoy visiting there.

This post was edited

I've been very pleased with Sandy Lane. The wife and I have decided to become members. I hope other locals and near locals try it.

This post was edited