Who has stayed at Club Orient?

I am extremely curious about Club Orient on the French side of Saint Martin and would very much like to hear from people who have stayed there and would like to share their impressions with me. I'd be especially interested in the experiences of men who have stayed their on their own or with a male partner. And, is anyone planning to go there anytime soon?

This topic was edited
RE: Who has stayed at Club Orient?

Hello!I hope you enjoyed your stay on the island!Did you enjoy Club Orient ? And the famous Orient Bay beach! I just saw your post today...If you are looking for a different experience for another time,as you seem to be interested in placesformenon their own or with a male partner, you can also try : Villa Rainbow in St Martin, or Le Carbet in Martinique, or Little David in Aruba.

This post was edited

We had been frequent vacationers to SXM and to Club Orient. Several single males and gay and lesbian couples have stayed there frequently. There is mutual acceptance of most everyone. I say most everyone because there can be a swinger couple or group and those that can't take "no" for an answer ... are rarely accepted. You'll have a great time. It's our favorite nude resort, outside the US. ;-)

This post was edited

It costs more to stay at Club O than some of the other options at Orient Beach, which probably contributes to the older crowd. But we wouldn't stay any place else when in St. Martin! Our avatar picture is our favorite place to stay: one of the mini suites at Club Orient.

This post was edited

We have stayed at Club O several times and will be next week. Its a little pricey, but there is no other place like it. We have met some very nice folks there, very friendly. Its a great escape

This post was edited

Club Orient isn't for everyone. I've read where some "do the nude thing," just on vacation or to spice up their relationship. For most, that stay at Club Orient, they do so because they are nudists, you canvacation as you liveand you can check in, get to your unit, strip and never wear clothes again til you have to leave.Some that stay elsewhere will visit the nude beach for the day but revert to their textile tendencies at night. Most nudists thatstay atClub O ... simply shower off the salt water, sand andsunscreen and remain naked for days and days. L'Orientique is the store/mini mart on the property and has all you really need. The Perch is the resort's beach bar and Papagayo is the resort's restaurant. I don't think there's a unit on the property that doesn't have a kitchen or kitchenette if you'd rather cook but ... you don't have to. We've researched other places on Orient Beach but there is always some catch for us to be nude ... not so at Club Orient. We arrive, most times we take our clothes off and check in nude. We drive to our studio unit and unpack. Within a very short time we have a drink in hand, on the beach with our yellow towels and hugging and kissing all our friends. To coin a phrase from the beach ... "it's like coming home!" ;-)

This post was edited

We haven't checked in nude yet, but after the layover hell last time we were mighty tempted! We always get a mini suite since they are the closest to the office so we can ditch our suitcase and clothes and head straight to the Perch to hopefully make happy hour. I suppose it doesn't hurt that they are the cheapest rooms along with the studios.
We are supposed to be going for a week in June but are running into a snag with finding a dog sitter for our Greyhounds. Hopefully we can sort everything out and celebrate with a nude check in!

This post was edited

We (married 43+ years) enjoyed our first social nudity experience in 40 years at Club O in January. Sorry to say we only had a week as work got in the way. We arrived on Saturday just before Papaguya closed until dinner and after that late lunch only put on clothes one time when my wife wanted to walk the beach beyond the rocks. The different sides of Orient Beach are as different as night and day and we didn't like the crowded textile side at all. We were back and nude in less than an hour.
Our room was a mini-suite deluxe so we were as far from the restaurant as one could get, which suited us perfectly as we loved taking several nude walks through the resort every day. We varied our walks between the trails and through the grassy areas between the mini-suites and the studios. Each day started with coffee and breakfast items from the Boutique. By day three, the clerks didn't even have to ask for our room number. Even though we had a rent car, it seemed a hassle to dress to go to the market, so we bought sunscreen (lots of sunscreen) and other items at the Boutique.
The food at Papaguya wasn't gourmet, but every meal was excellent. Service was always good, especially after the servers began to recognize us. (We ate at least one meal there every day.) Coming in off the beach, we, like most, had lunch nude. After a day, that seemed normal. For dinner, I was nude (like most guys) and my wife started with some sort of wrap that she quickly shed. Entertainment four nights a week alternated between a DJ and live music. A couple nights it was pretty lively as most everyone got up to dance and if they weren't nude when they first got up they were before they left.
The beach is great, but in January it was quite windy. It's only about a quarter mile long, so to get a good walk in you go back and forth several times. Those staying at Club O were nude all day while those coming from the other side of the beach often wore swim suits or were topless. Clothed day-trippers from the cruise ships were annoying, but we got used to it. Fortunately, Club O security enforced the "no camera" rules. The beach lounge chairs are first come, first serve, but guests get a tag to mark their chairs for the duration of their stay. Non-guests have to pay, but often they escape notice and get free use of the chairs until they're asked to pay. We picked chairs on the first row. Moving one row back would lessen the impact of the boat people as well as lessen the impact of the ocean breezes. There was no drink service, but with the restaurant and Perch Bar being so accessible that wasn't a problem.
We weren't able to take one of the local cruises because of the wind, but would like to do that next time. They range from 1/2 day to full day and either go along the shoreline or out to an uninhabited island. Depending on which boat you take, you can stay nude the entire day.
Not knowing what the protocol was, we didn't attempt to make a lot of friends, but those we did converse with were friendly and tended to be regular visitors to Club O. Next time I'm sure we'll do a little more socializing. If there were swingers there (we suspect there were) we weren't approached by any of them.
On day five we met a regular visitor who owns a mini-suite deluxe. He's there for a month at a time and summed up the experience quite nicely. He said they felt younger while they were there and that was how we felt. A week at Club O definitely relieves the stress of every day life. I had to laugh at the comment about undressing before signing in at the front desk. I admit to looking the other way when I saw a naked man standing there when we arrived, but a day later, there I was when others were checking in. I might be the one walking in nude on day one next January.

This post was edited

We (married 43+ years) enjoyed our first social nudity experience in 40 years at Club O in January. Sorry to say we only had a week as work got in the way. We arrived on Saturday just before Papaguya closed until dinner and after that late lunch only put on clothes one time when my wife wanted to walk the beach beyond the rocks.You don't even HAVE to get dressed to walk the beach beyond the rocks... if you are willing to start out around 7am. Just be back past the rocks before 9am. Last year we met regulars who we did the early morning nude walk to the far end of the beach with on our last day, celebrating Mrs. J&C's birthday.
We ended up having to cancel our planned trip for this year. We would have been flying out today :(
Our next chance to visit will be as a day trip on the Bare Necessities nude cruise this February... but I think all 2000 guests will have the same idea! At least that will be one day where the cruise ship visitors won't be looky-loo's!

This post was edited