paddles

is a $100. kayak paddle any better than a $40.one ? i think length ismore important - thoughts ??
is a $100. canoe paddle any better than a $14. aluminum one with a plastic blade ?

This topic was edited
RE: paddles

I have to agree that the higher end, light, shaped blade paddles are better. Especially if you are a long distance paddler. A good paddle that fits you, your boat, and paddling style is much less tiring at the end of the day.Get the best you can afford. You won't regret it.

This post was edited

Odd find: Last summer, on a river trip, I noticed a flash of sunlight on something on the far bank. Being one who picks up trash for proper disposal, I paddled over to see what the flash was. As I got closer I could seepart of a carbon fiber blade and shaft in some tangled roots. I was thinking that someone broke a paddle and pitched the rest. When I got up to it, it turns out to be a complete paddle in perfect shape, a bent shaft Werner Ikelos. This thing is a $400+ paddle and I notified the local liveries that I found an expensive paddle, and watched the lost and found, but no one has come to claim it. So for now, it has a good home!

This post was edited

Lucky find.

This post was edited

all i ever find when paddling is bottles, trash and fishing bobbers, great find i'm surprised no one has claimed it.

This post was edited