Holkham beach. Norfolk UK

Hi, i use Holkham beach, in Norfolk UK. Its beautiful there, and i'm often the last one off the beach after photographing the sunset..

This topic was edited
RE: Holkham beach. Norfolk UK

I've been to Holkham many times and agree it is a wonderful place.

This post was edited

I love this beach, its a bit of a long drive for me so I need to stay over but it must be one of the best in the UK, wish I could be there this weekend as its supposed to be great weather :)

This post was edited

I too would thoroughly recommend Holkham beach, where I have spent many a happy day. It is quite a challenge to get there, no matter where you live. The access roads are limited, and there is a long walk from the car park to the authorised naturist area, but it is worth the effort. The whole area is beautiful, with a mixture of flat sandy beach, sand dunes, and woodland. The authorised area encompasses only the 1 km stretch of signposted beach and the edge of the dunes, but on a quiet day it is possible to walk most of the way between carpark and beach without clothes, with enough visibility to be able to slip on shorts before you are seen by anyone likely to be offended. The area is frequented by a completely mixed bunch, but among them are many friendly , dedicated and open naturists. Beware of the tidal nature of the beach; most of it rapidly disappears as the tide comes in. If you get the chance, do try it.

This post was edited

Went to Holkham many times when (whilst :) ) I lived in England. It did tend to get a bit windy, but was a great place.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

hi all,as myself and partner are new to this, we went to holkham yesterday and parked at the holkham hall car park, we were quite excited about our first forrey out, only to be disappointed because we were unsure where to go when we got on the beach area.we would love to know exactly where you go as we want to try again, we are going to try corton beach soon as told that is a nice place to visit...any help or advice welcome..we live in Norfolk..mr gitt...miss hobsey

This post was edited

No need to park at Holkham Hall. Follow the road towards the beach(Away from Holkham Hall off A149) and park. From the parking area, head north to the beach. You're there. Strip off and enjoy.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

we are going to try corton beach soon as told that is a nice place to visit... any help or advice welcome.. we live in Norfolk.. mr gitt...miss hobsey
You won't be happy with Corton. It is a scraggly shoreline, no beach to speak off, and is rarely used by anyone other than a handfull of men looking for trouble. I'm surprised the council hasn't shut it down yet.
The best place to go in the East Anglia area other than Holkham is St. Osyth - Clacton-on-Sea. Here is a good link for spots that are legal https://www.walkingclub.org.uk/clothes-free/map_of_uk_naturist_beaches.shtml
If you're ever in the area, Studland Beach is by far the best beach in England.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

hi cobeachbum,thanks for the advice... we did park on the beach pay car park but were not sure which way to go when at the beach, we since found out we head left and walk to the naturist area...do you get many people there...and is it mainly couples or singles, as we are new at this...thanks

This post was edited

I no longer live there. I'm back on the other side of the pond in the US.
On a good sunny warm day, there will be hundreds of people there. It is usually
windy, so if you have a wind break of any type, take it with you. As was said
earlier, watch the tide closely. The slope is very shallow, and the tide tends
to come in quickly.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Hi,I'm pleased you are visiting Holkham beach. Makes sure you turn left (west) when you reach the beach and keep going til you see the small signs for the nudist area. I often walk through the pine forest which is easier than walking over soft sand. I haven't been this year, but on a sunny weekend there's usually plenty of people around mostly in the dunes out of the wind. Its a great area where you can walk around naked (but not in the woods). Have fun!

This post was edited