Nudism and erections

This is my first post in this group and I hope that I don't offend anyone with it. If it's out of line I hope the group owner will remove it right away..........
Recently I read somwhere that 99% of all men does not get an erection while visiting a nude beach or a nude resort. I simply dont believe that statement.
Every man gets an erection every now and then if they are functioning normally that is.Normally erections are considered extremelly bad in a nudist enviroment but does it always have to be so? On a textile beach it is generally accepted if a man walks around with a large bulge in his pants but among nudists its not accepted at all.Please don't think that I endulge people to run around waving their private parts in other peoples faces because that is one thing I would never do myself. You have to show other people respect!
I sometimes get hard when I fall asleep in the sun. If I lay face down there's not much to say about it except that I find it very hard to get rid of my erection when I press it to the ground. Usually I turn around and sit up with my legs pulled up so I can hide it between my thighs while it gently returns to a flaccid state.If I fall asleep on my back..well that's a different story.My question is if an erect penis really can be considered offensive if someone lay down and doesn't disturb anyone else with it? People can always look in another direction or am I completely lost here.?

This topic was edited
RE: Nudism and erections

Thanks for your input Amanda!Playing with the little thingy is a completely different thing than just an erection. We are quite prudish here in Europe as well so I don't think it's much of a difference between American and European beaches.

This post was edited

Thank you all for your input!
I'm really impressed by Pamelas answer. I've never really thought of it as a matter of equality but you opened my Eyes. and I must thank you for a wonderful story.
I can clearly see when my wife gets a bit aroused on the beach and it doesn't make things easier for me. Her nipples get stiff and her pubis clearly expands. Not everyone would notice this but it's obvious to me a few of our friends.
I agree with Toytina that it can be best to conceal the old pecker but it depends on where you are and in which company. I don't get turned on by just seeing a naked woman but it's another thing when I see my wife and my mind wanders off.....

A short story:
A couple of years ago me and my wife visited a small naturist B&B in southern Sweden. It's a nice little place with a nude beach not far away and it's always nice to spend a few days there every summer.
This time we met a couple who were there for the first time and it turned out that it was the very first day they spent in the buff with other people. They asked us a lot about nude etiquette and we just told them to be themselves and they wouldn't have a problem.For some reason they wanted us to be their "mentors" concerning nudity and we spent the next day on the beach together.
The man had all sorts of concerns since he did get erect very easily but he concealed it well. I told him it would be easier when he got more used to the feeling of being nude in public and that it could happen to anyone.We had a couple of drinks together in the evening and he relaxed a bit and the problem seemed to be gone.
The next day we had breakfast together and we made some jokes about his concerns which seem to bother him a bit. I was sitting between our spouses and since they are both very beautiful women I focused on getting an erection and i got really hard. I then stood up exposing my erect penis more or less in the face of his wife and asked if anyone would care for another cup of coffee. :-)
It was really fun to watch their reaction and the other peoples reaction. I just said "I told you so, it can happen to anyone". Everyone in the room burst out in laughter and I got a round of applause from everyone. I believe I cured his "problem"and we have been very good friends ever since.:-) The atmosphere in the B&B was very relaxed the next evening and everyone seemed to have enjoyed my little show.
I will try to stay face down....... ;-)

This post was edited

Pamela, I liked your story about the encounter in the food shop. One day I hope to meet you there. But what did the children say to Mama when they got back? Maybe you were just a little bit naughtyteasing him with his kids watching. I agree there are very different standards for men and women. Do you remember the old mechanical railway signals which were up for "danger" and down for "safe" (or was it the other way). Anyhow a lot of nudists see it that way when it comes to a man's penis. It makes it more than obvious when he is turned-on sexually. Or does it? A man can get an erection for no reason at all, especially if he has just woken up. It is a natural physical phenomenon. But is it ok on a nude beach? There are two distinct sorts of nudists - naturists and swingers. Take a look around. Most nude venues are full of naturists and it is best to try to hide the erection until it subsides. But if your surrounded by sex addicts you can join in. Take the lead from those around you, but be careful most people think sex is something which should be done in private. I tend to agree despite having a fantasy about being stripped in public.

This post was edited

This topic raises many issues and a common feature is that of showing off and looking, and the interactions between the parties involved. What I recall (and this is almost certainly unconsciously selective because we remember best those things we like) is that most of the personal interactions in a nudist context which I recall have had a definite sexual overtone, for example he fancies me and that makes me happy,especially since I don't feel threatened.
I am reposting something from another thread which I think can add to the debate:
I think we have had a whole lot of sense talked on this "Should you Look?" discussion. It is so refreshing to find so many people who admit freely that they like looking and being looked at and that sexuality is a natural and honest aspect of being a nudist.
I remember a discussion with a very charming and urbane Frenchman in Cap d'Agde. He was sitting in an outdoor caf. He looked up and smiled as I walked over to the table next to him. I had a few bags with me, so it took a moment or two to arrange them before I sat down. I ordered my coffee, and then my neighbour said to me in very good English "if I may say so, I think you wear that chain very stylishly". I smiled back at him, and then I began to realise the implications of his opening remark; the only thing I was wearing was a chain, and that was round my waist, or, to be rather more honest, it was lying rather low on my hips, much closer to my pubis than my navel. I was very impressed by his subtlety, but didn't feel the slightest bit threatened, so I looked up at him with the sort of embarrassed and conspiratorial grin on my face that let him know I was flattered. He said "you can sit here if you like" - just as I had hoped he would.
I would have to admit that I did make the process of changing table just a little bit more theatrical than was strictly necessary; his flattery was making me feel warm and sexy and I wanted to show my appreciation. I don't think it was too protracted, but I stood by the table long enough for him to study my waist chain in greater detail. I looked down at him briefly and saw that his attention wasn't on the chain, but a few centimetres lower.

I was still smiling as I sat down, and he realised instantly that he had been set up. He responded with a broad smile of his own and said "they say it is rude to look at nude people, but it is sometimes just too difficult to resist, as you have just seen. You girls really do give us men a lot to look at."
We spent a pleasant few minutes chatting. We touched only briefly on the various sights on offer on the beach, but we agreed that nearly everyone there wanted both to see and be seen. When we parted I began to think about what he had said about girls showing a lot on the beach, and he really was right. A man can't hide his penis, and there is really not much else to show, but many of the women on the beach were providing very explicit displays of sexual anatomy. Some were completely shaved, but my impression was that even the majority of the unshaved women had trimmed their pubic hair quite extensively. The most common trim was the complete removal of hair from a point around the clitoris and all the way back.
The other very noticeable aspect was that it seemed that nearly all the women had their legs open on the beach. When I thought of that, I realised I had been doing that too, and the reason for that, apart from showing off, was that it helped me to cool off. This intimate display by many of the women is something which many men possibly misunderstand - they don't instinctively recognise that a woman's perineum is naturally much hotter and moister than a man's, particularly if she is a state of sexual arousal. On a hot beach a woman can get the benefit of a lot of natural cooling if she opens her legs - shaving, or radical trimming of the perineal area is also very helpful because it allows the evaporative effect to cool the skin much more
directly.
Quite often on a hot beach I even find myself angling my exposed cunt to catch the best of the breeze.

So, even a show off like me can say quite truthfully "sorry, guys, it isn't always intentional!"

Pamela

This post was edited
RE: Naturists and Swingers

Thank you for your input and wonderful stories Pamela!
I can't see anything wrong in looking at other people and giving them compliments about their looks. I believe it all matters to how it's done. I have started conversations with a lot of people just because I have dared to say something nice about their bodies. So far I have had no negative reactions.
Just like Pamela I have nothing against being looked at myself but few people look at men anyway so it doesn't happen very often :)

This post was edited

Hi All, we are new to the group but have been nudists for many years and as we love going to nudist beaches we have seen our fair share of erections. Mostly Trish sees it as a compliment as we are older nudists and generally we have no problem with this as long as it's not pointed at us uninvited. We're both smoothies so nothing hidden and we like to be able to relax at the beach and sunbathe or wander down to the sea to cool off. Mostly we find people are very polite and some will stop to chat. Occasionally in the sunshine it's a natural thing to become a bit aroused but as long as no one is upset or offended then we just see it as a natural thing to happen.
It was nice of Pamela to share a fun experience with the group and occasionally Trish enjoys teasing too so we are very relaxed about seeing an aroused male in the right situation but very much respect those who find it uncomfortable or offensive and applaud the good manners of men who try their best to cover up.

This post was edited

Well, first of all, I feel that if someone is truly a nudist, then the simple sight of a nude woman will not give him an erection. Yes normally function males get them all the time and yes it is offensive to be showing off. Our advise to anyone who want to sun nude and asks that same questions is 1) if there is a pool, jump in until it passes or 2) lie face down.My two centstoyThis is exactly how we feel. Spontaneous erections ... yes, they canhappen but I've never had an erection where I was NOT thinking something sensual or sexual. I've had erections at the beach, clubs or resorts from conversations with my wife, closeness with my wife (not necessarily sexual) and from just watching my wife go about doing things and thinking sexually or sensually about her. In all cases ... the erection I had was for her view and her benefit. I didn't/don't walk around the venue with an erection and proclaim that "it's natural, get over it!" I don't equate an erect nipple to an erection. When it's cold out or a woman or man get a chill ... their nipples will also become erect.When it's that cold a man's penis will most likely constrict and not become erect. I'm not a guy that sees a woman's erect nipples and even thinks to check out her pubis to examine if it's engorged to ascertain if she's merely cold or sexually excited.We are of the many that have stated and will continue to state that "nudism" is NOT about sex. There's no dispute ... nudist have sex, we love sex, we love all kinds of sex, we love having sex in open spaces, some nudists may even enjoy sharing sex with other partners, some may be involved in nudism for the sexual excitement it gives them and their partners ...but ... nudism is not about sex.
Toy makes perfect sense and it's what most "nudists" would expect from other male nudists when an erection occurs. For most nudists, that opinion is what hopefully keeps new people, especially woman, interested in trying nudism. With most non nudists thinking that nudism is all about sex ... what are they to think when they visit, see men walking around with erections and a "it's natural, get over it" attitude? Is it a spontaneous, non sexual erection ... or ... is he hinting at something sexual? It's just too vague to know and "I" think, it's better to error on the side of tact, manners and respect than it is to concentrate on ones "rights" to sport their "natural" erections.
Just my .02 cents

This post was edited

I quite agree that we should all look at other nudists and allow (even encourage) them to look at us. That is part of the joy of nudity, whether it's the puritanical, naturist sort or the more adventurous sort. The question was about erections and how we handle (or don't handle) them Just down the French coast from Cap d'Agde is another nudist resort called La Grande Cosse. The two resorts could not be more different.

This post was edited

Please don't blame this on "gay men" in particular. It can happen with straight men as well.

This post was edited

sunlover4fun,I just loved that story! You can not be blamed for others taking advantage of the situation while you are asleep. I've had similaair experiences and that is one of the reasons for me to start this thread

This post was edited