Clothes optional beaches

I do not believe in them. It is an either/or situation. Either the beach is textile and you should not be nude or it is nudist and you should be nude. Mixing these two never works as everybody starts feeling out of place.

This topic was edited
RE: Clothes optional beaches

I disagree. CO is a great way to introduce those that are unsure. It also provides a place where couples can go when one is willing to lose the clothes and the other is not yet ready. I have even met a couple where both are nudist but because of recent surgery the wife had to stay covered to protect the surgery site.

This post was edited

Clothing optional is unquestionably better. Freedom to choose what, if any, clothes to wear obviously is superior to being required to comply with a requirement imposed by some local authority. Just as the textiles need to stop being concerned about what nudists are (or are not) wearing, we nudists need to stop being concerned about what the textiles are wearing. It doesn't matter. Find something more important to worry about.

This post was edited

+ 2 for clothing optional beaches. It all washes out. We go to Gunnison which is c/o and out of 3K people on a busy weekend you might see 2 or 3 with a bathing costume on. Usually a young female testing the waters so to speak.

This post was edited

We holiday in Fuerteventura where all beaches are C/O, and it works very well.

This post was edited

Imagine the public outcry if a textile beach was suddenly made nude only by law, to say nothing of the legality of requiring those attending the beach to be nude. Relaxing existing rules against nudity and allowing everyone to decide for themselves has a better chance of working. Then, those opposed to nudity could simply avoid the beach but could not claim that they were banned from the beach.

This post was edited

There is a lot to be said for CO beaches. Even true nudists don't want to be 100% nude 100% of the time. Some times we have to put on a shirt not to get too much sun. A lot of people, who are not nudists, go to the beach to accompany someone who likes being nude. I don't have problem with the beach goers who are not nude but respect those who are. The problems I have are with the gawkers, exhibitionists and the pervs.

This post was edited

Perhaps they could make the clothing optional be sort of a buffer zone between a clothed section and a nude section, and also makes for a convenient place to disrobe whilst heading to the nude area.
A thought...
Stay Naked!

This post was edited

Hello again!I would like to return to the topic and elaborate on what I have written.Of course, I do not insist people to be 100% nude all the time! It just isn't possible. But my point is that beaches should be clearly MARKED as this or that so as everybody can decide what is good for them. I think the CO beaches do not make things clear and create a confusion. I can tell that from my experience.One goes to the beach in the morning and strip naked. But soon come other people and they do not strip and as their numbers increase,this personbecomes the only one and people srtart giggling and pointing at him or her. And in the end this person puts on the swimming trunks as well.I think this is exactly why many people are afraid to test being nude: they are afraid that they will become a laughing stock. And they give up trying altogether.If a beach is clearly marked as a nudist one, even though there may be someone clothed, things are clear and people are more relaxed and willing to try it.Let me tell you my own story. I would have never dared strip on a textile or a CO beach. But I have relatively easy stripped atthe marked nudist beach where everyonewas naked. This was my first nudist experience. And I think most people are like that. This is human psychology.

This post was edited

I find the suggestion and the example simply amazing.but then, i am equally amazed at nudists who demonsrate little or no tolerance for others.
Surelynaturism should be about tolerance with that being one of the important characteristics to define us and distinguish us from intolerant prudes. To suggest that nudity be compulsory goes contrary to the tolerance that we should practice. Yet have known of such intolerance as it seems to more apparent in some,long term diehard nudists who have somehow forgotten their own journey.My
vote would clearly be for CO beaches

This post was edited

We, being in a lifestyle movement that is clearly a minority in society as a whole, should be overjoyed to have MORE clothing optional opportunities. I love the concept of C/O beaches and other areas. We need more of them.To me, there is nothing confusing at all.

This post was edited