Train your mind to stop seeing nudity as sexual?

What I'm really asking is how to disassociate nudity with sexuality.Is there a way to "train my mind" to embrace nudity without ANY sexual thoughts?
of course thus will be particularly difficult for me considering I am only recently a naturist and I am VERY self-conscious for some reason. I do not want nudity to be sexual, but I worry about it too often which makes it difficult
Getting erections so frequently is really the only thing keeping me from being naked away from home.Thanks guise

This topic was edited
RE: Train your mind to stop seeing nudity as sexual?

The way to train your mind is to have the experience of nonsexual nudity. Alone in your room, there's no way. At nudist clubs, and to a somewhat lesser extent at beaches, you'll find no shortage of nudists who don't match whatever sexual preferences you have; try focusing on them, rather than gravitating first to the folks that might push your buttons. Be as social as you can be - active and engaged. As for the erections, there's lots of sensible advice, but basically it amounts to minimizing rather than emphasizing: Sit down, turn over, walk away, pull up a towel, get in the water. You are much more likely to get an erection sitting at home thinking about social nudity than you are in the actual event, so please don't let that be barrier to you.

This post was edited

Yeah im just awkward. not a very social person. I suppose I'll just find a particularly "confident" day and force myself into it so I can get started. Thanks

This post was edited

Absolutely positively just go for it. All my apprehensions (adequacy, looks, erections, etc) disappeared in 5 minutes upon arriving at my first resort. I was self conscience of course but also very liberated and enjoyed the experience a lot. Just do it. And talk to other members while you are there. Nudists are very friendly and welcoming.
Don't forget to carry a towel for sitting on and for that rare need to discretely shield a normal reaction. We're guys, nude and human, after all. Enjoy!

This post was edited

Social nudity never gets me aroused.. it may seem odd to a newbie to hear that, but you'll find it to be true when you get out there and spend time with others nude. there really isnt anything sexual about nudism.. just something we like to do..

This post was edited

agree with the above. Over many years of social nudism I rarely leave the flaccid state. Does not mean there is no movement because the penis is part of the living body.

This post was edited

Have to agree with all the above comments, based on personal experience. Still recall early visits to co beaches. Initially all the hangups about what might happen and the first few times remained very remote and things were a bit hard going. So one one visit, i decide that was not the way to be and headed off along the beach walking right through the middle of the main nude crowd with nothing as a safety covering. Apprehension was alive and well and totally unfounded. All the anxiety simply melted away, no erection and total exhileration. So bite the bullet

This post was edited

the first time i went to a club i thought i would have to keep my towel handy to cover myself but nothing like that happened at all for me the turn on was being able tobe nude in a public place and not have to worrie about for me i just felt relaxed in a short time and had fun with other people

This post was edited

Sexuality is such and innate force and drive in humans that it is almost impossible to remove from our consciousness. As social beings we have learned to control it but not dismiss it. It is always with us.
We can however learn to accept others just as people and not necessarily as sexual objects. It is very possible and desirable to work with people on strictly a human level. That is just people to people. In the nudist world this is nudism as its best.
A similar argument can be made for racial relations. Although not an innate characteristic, racism is instilled in people at a very early age. To paraphrase what I said above; we can learn to accept others just as people and not necessarily as persons of color or race. It is very possible and desirable to work with people on strictly a human level. That is just people to people. In the human world this is just people being their best.

This post was edited

In my experience nudity only tends to be sexual when on my own or with just my partner. I've been on countless beaches and often simply forget that I am naked even when there are clothed around; the environment is simply not sexual. Before I started naturism I could not understand how nudity could not be sexual but found that beach nudity is not. I've never been into club or other social nudity so cannot comment about such situations. I never actually trained my mindset it just worked out that way; trying to train your mindset if anything will make it much harder to see nudity as non sexual.

This post was edited

There is plenty you can do! Police your own morals and at the very least cover it up!

This post was edited