Bar S Ranch

Has anyone been to Bar-S-Ranch in the Greensboro NC area? It's expensive to join, but the website is very sketchy and today I can't even register to use their forum. Basically, they mention cabins, but their rate schedule does not include rates for cabins. If I stay at a resort, even for a day or two, I want to experience the stay overnight to see if it rates a return visit.

This topic was edited
RE: Bar S Ranch

I only live about 10 miles from the Bar-S-Ranch and do not go there. The owner doesn't care if he has visitors or not. As far as the cabins go they are "owned/rented" by members who use them. It is sad because it has a beautiful setting and the members (that I remember) from about 15 years ago were really very nice people. At one time they used to have 5k runs there and big volleyball tournaments that people came to from all over the place and was a fun place to go. Maybe someday the ownership will change,,,

This post was edited
RE: Bar S Ranch

]Of course businesses have the right to choose their clients-this isn't 1930's Germany or the Soviet Union. And businesses do that every single day as they should..My gawd Bruce, you are the living incarnation of the genesis of the civil rights movement, the Bill of Rights, and Public Accommodation laws!Many states have Public Accommodation Laws. This prevents those establishments with rooms for rent (including nudist hotels and resorts) from discriminating.It is illegal for them to discriminate on on race, religion, and creed but also on marital status.You state that it is the right of a business to discriminate. Hmm. I wonder how you would feel if a nudist (or even textile) venue decided to advertise that they specifically exclude Catholics, Christians, Jews, those with physical disabilities, or those not deemed to be particularly attractive.
With specific regard to your statement that gender balancing at nudist clubs increases the number of (single) females. There is absolutely no evidence that by limiting the number of (single) males at a nudist venue the number of (single) females increases. Sorry, just because those clubs that are in favor of gender balancing have been saying this for years does not make it true. If it was true, the national nudist organizations might be more accepting of the practice.

This post was edited