Why does it have to be so expensive.....

to socialize nude? I understand that nudist resorts have to make money to operate, but why do they have to charge so much more than any other place operating the same type of business except with textiles required? It would be much better to be able to spend a day socializing with like minded (nudist) people without costing so much!

This topic was edited
RE: Why does it have to be so expensive.....

The beach is free.

This post was edited

When nobody shows up the prices will go down, but that's not going to happen.

This post was edited

the closest "resort " to us is about 150 miles , thankfully we have c/o hot springs much closer even tho we don't like the c/o part it beats nothing .not sure if we would even go to the only resort here in Colorado as we have heard its full of snobs so that only leaves us traveling out of state to get to a good resort and that is expensive
'as we have heard its full of snobs" HEARD?????
Prejudice
/prejds/
noun
noun: prejudice; plural noun: prejudices
1. preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

This post was edited

I was thinking the same thing when we visited Disneyland. It costs an arm and a leg just to get in and hundreds of people are lining up to pay the entry fee. I guess if they lowered the fee, thousands of people would be lining up instead of just hundreds and that would be a nightmare. I have no real idea of how much it costs to operate a nudist resort but the normal business expenses, just to keep the doors open, are quite high. Comparatively, the demand for these services, unlike Disneyland, is rather low. Therefore the owners must charge a high enough fee from the few paying guests so they can pay their bills and realize a profit. For them it's a tremendous balancing act. Charge too much and your attendance drops; charge too little and you can't pay your bills. A larger attendance will actually increase the costs due to higher maintenance costs. Only an accountant looking at the books, can really tell if the resort is charging a fair amount. The only thing you can do is to vote with your feet.

This post was edited

Most places will charge as much as they can possibly get away with: It's called GREED.

This post was edited

"I think greed is a terrible thing unless you are in on the ground floor."
~Yogi' Berra

This post was edited

"I think greed is a terrible thing unless you are in on the ground floor."~Yogi' BerraAh yes, I remember him and his friend Boo-Boo.

This post was edited

'Tis a lesson in supply and demand. If some demands a place to be nude they must pay the price to someone that supplies the place.

This post was edited

It's the same in the UK nude spas are more expensive-but I guess they always will be as it's a catch 22 situation-yes there is a demand as we travel to the existing facilities but no there isn't enough demand from people to justify someone setting more up, after all there are many textile spa users who would not even consider attending a nude venue so the potential client base is much smaller.There is an estimated 3.7 to 4 million naturists in the UK. Demand IS there.

This post was edited

It's the same in the UK nude spas are more expensive-but I guess they always will be as it's a catch 22 situation-yes there is a demand as we travel to the existing facilities but no there isn't enough demand from people to justify someone setting more up, after all there are many textile spa users who would not even consider attending a nude venue so the potential client base is much smaller.There is an estimated 3.7 to 4 million naturists in the UK. Demand IS there.Out of 63.23 million?

This post was edited