Getting ready to move to Florida.

Hi, New to the group but been on the site a long time. We are looking to move to Florida in the fall of 2014 and just wondering about some of the areas. Our big look is in the Florida Panhandle, Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach. I lived in Tampa for years and know about the areas around there. I am looking for what is up north in the Panhandle area, and what might be happening in the Melbourne area. Tampais open to us but a very crowded city. Kind of looking at some place with lots of great beaches.
J and R

This topic was edited
RE: Getting ready to move to Florida.

I agree with Sailing Bare--too cold in the Panhandle. We like Central Florida--close to all the attractions, and can get to beaches on both coasts.

This post was edited

Try Daytona New Symrna area Then could go to Apollo or Playalinda nude beaches ! They are fun!!

This post was edited

Hi, New to the group but been on the site a long time. We are looking to move to Florida in the fall of 2014 and just wondering about some of the areas. Our big look is in the Florida Panhandle, Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach. I lived in Tampa for years and know about the areas around there. I am looking for what is up north in the Panhandle area, and what might be happening in the Melbourne area. Tampais open to us but a very crowded city. Kind of looking at some place with lots of great beaches. J and R

This post was edited

Hi, New to the group but been on the site a long time. We are looking to move to Florida in the fall of 2014 and just wondering about some of the areas. Our big look is in the Florida Panhandle, Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach. I lived in Tampa for years and know about the areas around there. I am looking for what is up north in the Panhandle area, and what might be happening in the Melbourne area. Tampais open to us but a very crowded city. Kind of looking at some place with lots of great beaches. J and R

This post was edited

This post was edited

J and R,
we live in Pensacola and live it. Fort Walton is nice as well, but Pensacola is a bit less crowded. we have the best beaches in Florida and all the Gulf Coast as far as that goes. hwever, none are nude or clothing optional. we do have two AANR clubss in the arsa. Connie and I go to one of them. we used to have an annual membership, but let it lapse. We are going to rejoin. if you have any questions aboutvthe arwa and we can help just ask. Ron and Connie

This post was edited

Hi, We are in Panama City...good place to be. The area is growing and changing. If you are going to be looking for a job, P'cola or PC are the best bets. Fort Walton is kind of down right now. The beaches from PC over to P'cola are all lovely. Not a lot of nudist spots on the beach. Good luck!

This post was edited

Yes the Panhandle is colder than South Florida, but we aren't as crowded and the cost of living is a bit lower too. So you trade one for the other. We sure are warmer than the folks up North.

This post was edited

We agree with most of what RonandConnie have said- it is warm enough 9 months of the year; we have the very best beaches in Florida (maybe the USA); our cost of living is much less and it is paradise here most of the time. We will correct a couple of facts; there is only ONE nudist resort in our area- the other two closed. But there is a very nice beach that gets some nude use with an eye open. While not an official nude beach, Johnson's Beach (part of the Gulf Island National Seashore) does get some nude use. Any contact with rangers only results in a request to cover if there are textiles in the area.As noted above- Pensacola and the other beaches in the area (Orange Beach, AL) are paradise. We have all we need to have a terrific life here. It is our oasis and our paradise.Look into it before you make a decisionhave a super summer- ours is.dave

This post was edited

u may want to check out so fl. we have Haulover Beach and live in the Ft Larderdale area and close to the Keys also. 1 1/2 hrs to the Gulf coast.

This post was edited