Monkey Grass

Monkey GrassWe moved on this property 17 years ago and have slowly gotten rid of most of this nuisance. I've started to move soil and bulbs from half of it of one bed. This fall I want to plant vegetables and seasoning plants (I have a wonderful Rosemary), but the roots are so thick in the bed. I just can't do it. I do have an electric cultivator I was thinking would help rather than hurting my back again.
If anyone would like a couple of days (no grounds fees) on our 7 acres. We've a brand new replacement hot tub, 33x18-ft. pool with very comfortable stairs leading into the water, chaises for lounge, picnic area,plenty of shade and sun, benches, chaises with think pads (it's raining right now). It would be great to host you. I'm a good cook. We have a/c & heat in both the house & guest house. We also have 3 kittens ages 1, 2, and 3 yrs.
Our property is just southeast and adjacent to Columbia, SC, 8 miles east of the VA hospital and one mile south.

This topic was edited
RE: Monkey Grass

Cheri,
I haven't seen many posts from you lately. I was wondering where you had gone. Good to hear from you again.
DesertRat

This post was edited

If 'Monkey Grass' is anything like the rough grass we have in Spain, then I find removing it, the best way to get my back burned! LOL
Welcome back Cheri.

This post was edited

Monkey GrassWe moved on this property 17 years ago and have slowly gotten rid of most of this nuisance. I've started to move soil and bulbs from half of it of one bed. This fall I want to plant vegetables and seasoning plants (I have a wonderful Rosemary), but the roots are so thick in the bed. I just can't do it. I do have an electric cultivator I was thinking would help rather than hurting my back again.If anyone would like a couple of days (no grounds fees) on our 7 acres. We've a brand new replacement hot tub, 33x18-ft. pool with very comfortable stairs leading into the water, chaises for lounge, picnic area,plenty of shade and sun, benches, chaises with think pads (it's raining right now). It would be great to host you. I'm a good cook. We have a/c & heat in both the house & guest house. We also have 3 kittens ages 1, 2, and 3 yrs.Our property is just southeast and adjacent to Columbia, SC, 8 miles east of the VA hospital and one mile south.I cannot get into my original profile. I created another. Email still works. My 7 acres is great. The pool and new hot tub are fabulous. Some might call our park rustic, I call it relaxing. Room to spend the night, a week, a month. Plenty of tenting room as well as RV room. We also have a guesthouse with a/c and heat.
Tomorrow we're burning one of 3 brush piles first thing in the AM. We have created a fire break for that one.

This post was edited

Cheri,Good to hear from you and sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately as we age our healing process extends, but it sounds like you have the ideal environment to rehab with the pool. Nothing like the water to help soothe and take the stress off the joints.Best wishes,Dave

This post was edited

If anyone would like a couple of days (no grounds fees) on our 7 acres. We've a brand new replacement hot tub, 33x18-ft. pool with very comfortable stairs leading into the water, chaises for lounge, picnic area,plenty of shade and sun, benches, chaises with think pads (it's raining right now). It would be great to host you. I'm a good cook. We have a/c & heat in both the house & guest house. We also have 3 kittens ages 1, 2, and 3 yrs.Our property is just southeast and adjacent to Columbia, SC, 8 miles east of the VA hospital and one mile south.Hi Cheri,Pity you life on the wrong side of the planet to us. Otherwise we would be there next week.
Your little place sounds like heaven, just hope it doesn't get covered with fluffy whit clouds in winter (ie. Snow)
Not good about the injuries and the body not keeping up with the brain, A right pain when that happens as it is happening with me on and off.
Take care and enjoy being bare as I know you do. Best of Luck from Aus/Asia Keith & Tam

This post was edited