Non nudist friends

What do you do when non nudist friends come over?
Do you just think stuff it..and stay nude!Do you/ have you ever explain that you are a nudist and ask them if it's ok if you are nude?Do you tell them or explain it to them that you are a nudist and not give then an option?
Or something else?
I'm interested to hear how people have handled their non nudist friends and your willingness to stay nude!

This topic was edited
RE: Non nudist friends

Most of my non-nudist friends and acquaintances know I'm a nudist. I want my guests to be comfortable. I would probably wear a pareo (sarong) or ask if they would mind. If they want to go swimming or soak in the hot tub, we do ask people to be nude.

This post was edited

We always dress when friends come over, even the ones who know we are naturists.
We both feel it would be socially awkward for everyone if we remained naked.
If it's naturist friends, then we are all naked together.

And I personally feel people who demand they have a right to be naked in their own home who ever visits are more exhibitionists than proper naturists. That might get some peoples backs up, but it is my opinion only.

This post was edited

What do you do when non nudist friends come over?Do you just think stuff it..and stay nude!Do you/ have you ever explain that you are a nudist and ask them if it's ok if you are nude?Do you tell them or explain it to them that you are a nudist and not give then an option?Or something else?I'm interested to hear how people have handled their non nudist friends and your willingness to stay nude!Has common sense been lost? Put your pants on.

This post was edited

Has common sense been lost? Put your pants on.

This post was edited

For friends who are coming to hang out naked, I stay naked. Otherwise, put on pants and usually a shirt. For the UPS delivery yesterday, I just slipped on some shorts. Same for cable guy who was working outside last week.
KC

This post was edited

Most of my friends know I am a nudist and I am naked at my home all the year around. They do not expect me to be clothed and I never put any cloth when any of my non nudists friends visit my home.
Its same the other way around. When you visit a non nudist or textile friend, you do not expect him to strip for you because you are a nudist :)

This post was edited

Bottom Line (no pun intended) is that famous word RESPECT. When a non-nudity friend comes over to visit, whether by invite or just a friendly popover, even if they know I'm a nudist, I will cloth up. Not by much, but enough to take off that uncomfortable edge. Mostly because if I want my friends to keep coming over for a visit, the last thing I'm going to do is be in your face about it. A very good way to lose friendships in a hurry. Hopefully if your friends are perfectly ok with you in the buff around them, well that answer is clear. Respect them every way you can and you might be very surprised and pleased with the feedback, because that's what true friends do.

This post was edited

Good comment 21glennfinish. Just because we are nudists does not mean all our friends must do,likewise. Life is about diversity, tolerance and acceptance and that does not mean that the responsibility is theirs to be tolerant and accepting. The more diverse your friends, the more interesting life will be.

This post was edited

If you have non-nudist guests, they by definition are GUESTS in your house and should be made to feelas comfortable as possible.Being naked and saying "my house, my rules" is a sure-fire to lose friends.I would remain dressed even though I know some of my friends have been naked on nudist beaches.

This post was edited

I think most of us have covered it but my spin on this is: The true mark of being a welcoming host is to make your guests feel at home and be comfortable. If your guests are non-nudist, they will probably not be comfortable around someone who is nude. They might secretly wonder what you are like as a nudist but they won't be comfortable seeing you that way. If they are not there to learn about what we have all learned about or maybe grown up with, then the polite thing would be to put on some sort of clothing that your guests would be likely to wear themselves. After they leave, you can get back to being nude.Amen!

This post was edited