Nude sketch: Help

Hey everyone,
I'm working on a nude in nature digital painting. I
got the figure done and it seems I'm having a little bit of difficulty
on choosing a background. any suggestions on what i should use?
Let me know what you think,
thanks,
-bunny

This topic was edited
RE: Nude sketch: Help

what program are you using ?Gimp...with a wicom tablet. its similar to photoshop

This post was edited

I say use the oval office as your background!I was thinking more outdoors like a beach or forest or something along those lines. Not really thinking about making a political statement or anything.

This post was edited

You can never go wrong with a beach!I can't decide between that or a forest like background. I was also thinking of maybe a home setting of sorts... like a bedroom or something... but im not sure.

This post was edited

Outdoors would provide more of a challenge if you're looking for one. Light and shadow, perspective. How far would your model's feet sink in the sand of the beach? Would the sunlight shining through trees overhead create a mottled effect on her skin? Making your character fit into the background while still showcasing her is always something of a difficulty if you want a realistic image. Great work on your nude, by the way! She is very natural looking.Thanks! and yes it might be a difficult challenge but think and hope that once I have chosen a background, she will naturally fit into it.

This post was edited

I always like outdoor scenes as opposed to the bedroom that you metion as a possibility.I prefer a forest scene, perhaps with either a pond orsome mountains in the distance?I was thinking about something like that. So many decisions to choose from ].

This post was edited

Nice one.

This post was edited

Nice one.thanks

This post was edited

great drawing, i have similar problems sometimes, so i prefer to use the background from the same pic... but its fun to add somethig new, maybe the beach to the left and a forest to the right with a bit of lighting frm the left and reflection of the water...i could share some of my drawings too... XD

This post was edited

I think a lakefront. That way you get the water, can have some trees in the background, and either sand or grass. That would give you some options.

This post was edited

great drawing, i have similar problems sometimes, so i prefer to use the background from the same pic... but its fun to add somethig new, maybe the beach to the left and a forest to the right with a bit of lighting frm the left and reflection of the water...i could share some of my drawings too... XDWonderful suggestion! Ill keep it in mind, thanks! Feel free to share what you have!

This post was edited