inquiry

so I am curious...what is the popularity stat for? is a bigger number better or a smaller one? saw it and was struck by curiosity.
Am I super popular at 12000+ or am I just a birthday suit in the crowd? lol

This topic was edited
RE: Popularity Count

so I am curious...what is the popularity stat for? is a bigger number better or a smaller one? saw it and was struck by curiosity.Am I super popular at 12000+ or am I just a birthday suit in the crowd? lolThe smaller the number,the higher your popularity. Number 1 being the highest,means there are over 12,000 members more popular than you.But, asstatistics on here stillinclude thousands of members that have not signed in for many years, no number can ever be a true representation of active members.

This post was edited

Your popularity grows as people visit your profile page. The more hits, the lower your popularity number. With all the recent updates, this is one thing that may eventually be dropped, but its fun knowing people are seeing your profile.

This post was edited

My activity on TN has been pretty steady, and for a long time I was just keeping pace with the crowd at about 2000. When TS was started, I jumped quickly to about 1600 and have stayed there since - I assume because 400 of the 2000 people more popular, lower-numbered than me moved their activity to the other site. An interesting statistic.

This post was edited

In other words - quantity not quality counts ...
Blank and private profiles collect popularity points just as easily as the carefully completed ones.
By the time you feel the frustration of having opened yet another blank/private profile - the owners popularity is up.
But judging from the discussions in groups and forums - blank and private profiles are not popular at all ... hmmm
Same goes for the unpopular friend collector crowd if collecting friends also generates popularity points ...
Personally I don't care - for me TN is not a popularity contest but a place where I can meet like-minded people.

This post was edited