Commenting on another persons body parts.

I am new, be gentle.
I did a quick search, did not see this one.
I am learning naturistetiquette, got a question.
When I am with other people in the nude, how, what, why on making positive comments about their body or parts thereof is acceptable? Beyond sexual innuendo, what else would be unacceptable?Both sexes, all orientations view on this would be nice.....
I would hate to go to a CO beach for the first time and do something to piss someone off due to my own ignorance.....

This topic was edited
RE: Commenting on another persons body parts.

Would you walk up to stranger at a PTA function and compliment them on their body parts?

This post was edited

I am new, be gentle.I did a quick search, did not see this one.I am learning naturistetiquette, got a question.When I am with other people in the nude, how, what, why on making positive comments about their body or parts thereof is acceptable? Beyond sexual innuendo, what else would be unacceptable?
I agree, you wouldn't do it any more than you would do it in a similar clothed situation.

One of the things I have noticed it that a lot of people comment online regarding people's pictures. I tend to think it is rude and would not do such a thing. I don't recall this being a forum for body evaluation. Actually, sometimes, I wonder why we bother to post pictures at all. Of course, documenting the practice of nudity in many life situations would be one good reason. Except, I think it has been pretty well documented already! And it is kind of fun!

This post was edited

Think about a clothed situation. Would it be appropriate to say: What a cute nose you have! Do you have to shave above your lip, or is it naturally smooth? You fill out those jeans really well. Don't you think you should trim those ear hairs? Nice dye job.
You get the point - it's usually not appropriate to comment on body parts; the fact that more parts are exposed does not change that. Can you be complimentary, non-judgmental, avoid comparisons and assumptions, avoid any unwelcome (now there's a judgement call) hint of sexual interest, and create an opening for further conversation? Then maybe.

This post was edited

I am new, be gentle.I did a quick search, did not see this one.I am learning naturistetiquette, got a question.When I am with other people in the nude, how, what, why on making positive comments about their body or parts thereof is acceptable? Beyond sexual innuendo, what else would be unacceptable?
I agree, you wouldn't do it any more than you would do it in a similar clothed situation.

One of the things I have noticed it that a lot of people comment online regarding people's pictures. I tend to think it is rude and would not do such a thing. I don't recall this being a forum for body evaluation. Actually, sometimes, I wonder why we bother to post pictures at all. Of course, documenting the practice of nudity in many life situations would be one good reason. Except, I think it has been pretty well documented already! And it is kind of fun!
This was the impetus for my question. I also thought it could beconsidered impoliteif done in person. With me being married, I would not compliment the opposite sex for fear of attracting any attention that would remove bliss from my marriage. At this point in my journey I will probably avoid walking up to another person on the beach,I would rather they take the lead and walk to me.

This post was edited

Particularly if you don't make a habit of approaching only members of the opposite sex, it's fine to approach people with small talk; if anything CO beaches can be friendlier than textile ones. The body-part theme does make awkward small talk. Think about the water temperature, weather, history and sociology of the beach, that sort of thing.

This post was edited

...When I am with other people in the nude, how, what, why on making positive comments about their body or parts thereof is acceptable?Just because you see body parts that you don't usually see when clothed does not mean you get to put them under a microscope for study or comment. These are human beings, people just like you and I. There's more to a person than just a series of body parts put together. If you are going to make comments, treat them as human beings not objects....Beyond sexual innuendo, what else would be unacceptable?Sexual innuendo maybe fine, if you know the person(s) for a long time and vice-versa. Know your audience. Your new to this, avoid anything sexual or anything perceived in society as sexual such as "You have nice breasts. Are those real?". The last thing you need is to be known as the CREEPY OLD GUY on a beach or a resort.
Do you know anything besides sex that could start a conversation such as the weather, undercover secret agent, born from planet krypton but rocket got lost, etc?...With me being married, I would not compliment the opposite sex for fear of attracting any attention that would remove bliss from my marriage.Regardless of being married or not, it's always good to be polite.
Statistically, there are more male nudists than female nudists. You may need to be flexible in your approach.

This post was edited

When in a naturist environment simply act exactly the same as you would in a textile one.
S

This post was edited

I remember only one time where I commented on a person's body part. I was in a hot tub and struck up a conversation with a woman there. The subject got around to becoming a nudist and why. She stated that her first visit to a nudest resort was with her husband but she had no intention of getting nude. Like most women she had a poor self image of herself. While sitting around the pool she started looking at all the other nude women and comparing herself to them. She was quite heavy she thought, but compared to some of them she was svelte. So off came the top and then the bottom and she got hooked on the nude life style. I commented the she didn't look heavy to me. She related to me that she had had a couple of bouts with cancer losing her stomach, some intestines and a breast. She was now skinny because of losing her stomach and her one breast was completely reconstructed. I said that if she hadn't told me I would have never known that and that her surgeon did a beautiful a job in rebuilding her breast. This was to only time I can remember telling a strange woman that she had beautiful breasts.

This post was edited

I remember only one time where I commented on a person's body part ... She stated that her first visit to a nudest resort was with her husband ... She related to me that she had had a couple of bouts with cancer losing her stomach, some intestines and a breast ... This was to only time I can remember telling a strange woman that she had beautiful breasts.
I think a difference here is before you made your comments to this woman, You had developed a rapport with her that allowed you to take a step beyond what two strangers would be comfortable with. I think that not everyone is forever on pins & needles in a nudist situation. Just thoughtfully and sensitively develop friendships and you will have more freedom to be open. I think some people just feel that because everyone is nude, they can jump way ahead in friendship steps.

This post was edited

My opinion is that direct comments about another person's body - having just met - are inappropriate. What is important is commenting on what is in their brain after sufficient conversation. Personality is much more important than body and getting to know another is both interesting and fun through conversation.

This post was edited