Being fully nude om cam--how dangerous is it?

One of the greatest problems I have encountered here, in this chat room is the "cam question". Should we be nude on cam and if yes--how much? I have detected three groups of visitors. First: people who don't cam at all--either because they don't have cams, or more probably--because they simply don't want to. I think this group isthe biggest, far biggerthan theother two.The second group is people who cam, but they show only their faces or are waist up nude ( men). Sometimes there are people who cam fully clothed. They never show their private parts. The third group, which is much smaller, are people who show themselves fully nude on cam. Interestingly, I have never seen even one woman to do this. So, the third group consists entirely of men.There arises a problem when people who communicate, belong to different groups. More often than not--an argument starts about what is more appropriate.I myself belong to the mid-ground between first and second group. I do not cam in the room but I sometimes cam ( non-nude) with my friends in private chats.To be honest--I am very much afraid to be fully nude on cam. I am horrified by the thought that someone may secretly record me nude and post me all over the world on the internet. I suppose that many people have the same fear. I have not come out as a nudist. Even my closest friends and relatives do not know this part of my life. I prefer to keep it to myself. So far I have alwaysbeen nude only with people who I do not know ( on thenude beach I mean where I always go alone). I live in a rather conservative country, Bulgaria, in a small town where nudity is disapproved of. If I am revealed to be a nudist, it may affect my social and professional life in a very bad way. Maybe I am overcautious. Maybe some people will call me a coward. Iknow what people from the third group may say: that there is no point in a nudist chat room when people there are not nude and cannot see each other. That is exactly what a man told me while chatting, urging me to show myself fully nude on cam ( he was fully nude, so 3rd group). What do you think about this? Please, share your experiences and thoughts.

This topic was edited
RE: Being fully nude om cam--how dangerous is it?

My thoughts on this matter is very similar to yours. However my wife's stance is no to nude camming unless its only me viewing and that's rare too.
We don't cam on here but do cam with friends on other mediums. And rarely do we open others cams on here either.
Yes its nice to see faces, but no need to see nude bodies unless its in person at nudist venues.

This post was edited

it is like everything in life, we all have our own opinions and what we are happy doing, with or without a cam. there is no right way, or wrong way, but cam as you feel most comfortable. We all have different lifestyles and constraints, and what is right for me, isn't right for the next person, we cannot impose our beliefs or our way of camming/not camming onto others. it is a matter of respecting the other person and their wish. I think u missed a group out tho, the people who cam with just a crotch shot.. I somehow don't think theyre there for nudist chat.
Also, we are not going to get along with everyone in the room, just like the outside world, but the variety of people who attend, usually u will find like minded people to urself.

This post was edited

Yes its nice to see faces, but no need to see nude bodies unless its in person at nudist venues.Ditto

This post was edited

Pavel, you have it right as the other posters. To each there own. However, anyone who is "encouraging" or "insisting" you show yourself nude is really not someone here to meet and get acquainted with nudists for the purpose of nudists activities and friendship. They are very likely here to "see" nude people for self gratification. When I encounter those, I simply and politely decline. That usually chases them away validating my point.
However, I am totally OK with those that enjoy the sense of liberation of being seen nude by others and it is as simple as that. I have no problem with that.
As said, we are all different and we should be accepting and have joy in the diversity of humanity.
Just say'n.

This post was edited

I'm in the USA, use a perfectly modern desktop computer, and do not have a cam. It didn't come with one. I don't want one, and haven't added one on. I can't imagine this is so rare.

This post was edited

I'm in the USA, use a perfectly modern desktop computer, and do not have a cam. It didn't come with one. I don't want one, and haven't added one on. I can't imagine this is so rare.I agree. I have four computers in my house right now. Two desktops and two laptops. The only one that has a cam is the business laptop, and the onlyreason it has one is it's impossible to find one without nowadays.
John aka cobeachbum.

This post was edited

When I was in college I ran a webcam 24/7 showing myself naked in my room and such.Now I'm married, have a professional career and volunteer at my church. Would hate my face out there exposing me.For example: there's a couple in the area looking for nudist friends that has pix on their profile and are certified.They want to be friends but want to see a full body naked pic of me because they have pix like that on their profile.I don't want to put it on my profile because until they are my friends I cannot lock the picture and at the same time, i want to be friends with them to start building my social nudist circle but who is to know that they are someone else totally different than the couple in their 60s they claim to be?We could very well be dealing with two very careful sides, nothing else but it's complicated.
I just wish nudism was like having tattoos or not, some do it, some don't. It would be a lot easier

This post was edited

Ive spent some time on cam in the chat room and find it enjoyable... i'm always nude at home and why not share with other nudists.. its fun..

This post was edited

To each his or her own. I have no issues with anyone on or off a cam. With that said, a real social nudist has no need to see someone on cam. A real nudist knows what the human body looks like is is generally more interested in what kind of person they are talking with. In short, it's all about the conversation and ability to speak and listen rather then being all about the body image. It really is sad that so many in the chat room either never chat, are nasty or rude, or can't say anything beyond 'hi' and 'bye'. I again have no issue with those who say nothing more then 'hi' or 'bye' as some just don't want to say anything that might start an argument. With that said, there is always hope in that there are a select few who will take time to really chat, get to know someone for who he or sheis, andbe respectful. Finally, it should also be known to everyone that some 'people' will record cam images and then use them later for who knows what purpose. Always assume that when you are on cam, your image may be recorded and you may find your image distributed all over the 'net and for less then honest intentions. Beware!

This post was edited