What do you do when you're caught naked?

A few times I have gone outside nude or got naked and walked around where I shouldnt have, dorm shower room for example, and have been seen by someone. Has this happened to anyone else? what did you to explain yourself to a stranger or fully clothed non-nudist?

This topic was edited
RE: What do you do when you're caught naked?

Why would you be worried about being seen nude coming out of a shower room. You do shower in the nude don't you?Just act natural. There have been times when I have stepped out of the shower nude and walked the short distance to my bedroom and been seen, it's no big deal.The showers were set up as a stall with a shower area with a curtain, outside that a changing area with a curtain as well. I ledt the changing area curtain and was on the other side of the lockers naked when a couple of guys walked in and saw me. I got some strange looks from them. Made me feel out of place even though I am completely comfortable being nude.

This post was edited

"Act natural" is for sure the best idea. If you're feeling scrutinized, that can be hard, of course. So act natural, even if you're not quite feeling it. That communicates to the others that it's OK, no big deal, and they may quickly come to feel that way, too. If they don't, then your confidence and comfort will at least discourage them from making an issue of it. Either way, you've opened up just that much more space in your life.

This post was edited

Been caught more times than I can count. Honestly ... the first couple of times, I apologized the went inside the house ... then I thought ... "wait a damn minute. I'm in my backyard, they are looking over the wall/fence or came in uninvited ... I'm not doing anything wrong and if they are uncomfortable ... they can either keep their nose on their side of the fence or come to the front door and tell me they are there and for what purpose."
I was on the phone with a nudist friend. She got me to laughing so hard and my neighbor heard me. He came to the fence, waved and smiled and there I was ... completely naked, full frontal view for him, leaning on the BBQ island. He motions to me that he needs to talk to me. I never moved, just stood there and continued talking and motioned to him that I'd talk to him in a few. He goes back over to his side of the fence. A few minutes later, I'm still standing there, he looks over the fence and motions to me that he'll call me later. I never moved, covered, went inside ... just remained were I was and acted like nothing out of the ordinary was happening.
I told our previous pool guy that we were nudists. "We are always out in our backyard naked. If that bothers you, you'll need to tell us what day and around what time, each week, you'll be around so we can be sure to be inside." After he caught me the third time and acted like a immature 11 year old girl, each time... I came down on him hard and soon after the third time ... I fired him! Strangely ... not because he couldn't handle simple nudity ...but because he was a horrible pool guy! But each time he caught me ... I just continued doing what I was doing and he couldeither put up with my nakedness or leave. He knew if he left,I'd let him go and he needed the clients. But he was worthless as a pool guy.

This post was edited

If caught naked just act normal and talk to them as you always would. If they don't like it they can turn away or leave. Have been caught quite a few times in my back garden by callers. Just chat to them normally and offer a coffee. Have answered the door several times forgetting had nothing on. Never had comments.

This post was edited

I agree with AndyDi, the best reaction is no reaction at all. I too have unexpectedly encountered textiles on numerous occasions while I was nude. Every time I acted like it was entirely appropriate and no one seemed to have a problem.

This post was edited

Like Steve Kona said "Act Natural". That should be EASY for someone named Actnaturalerl. Unless, of course you misnamed yourself.

This post was edited

Try thinking of it as being seen unexpectedly, not " caught". Caught implies you are doing something wrong. Just go about your business , if you continue to do whatever you were doing, it helps show the 'catcher' that thereis nothing wrong with simple nudity.

This post was edited

I had an "incident" some time ago that illustrates the power of "acting natural."

• The gym I used to go to had a weird locker room situation. Two locker rooms; only one had an entrance to the pool area. So management switched the locker room designation every day. That way, men and women equally got their day to have direct access from the locker room to the pool area (otherwise you had to exit the gym and reenter through the back of the building.)

1. So anyway, one particular day, I didn't pay attention to the sign on the locker room door. I just walked in. The locker room seemed empty. And I came face-to-face with a completely nude woman strolling through the locker room. I freaked out, turned beet red (this was in my pre-nudist days) and mumbled an incoherent apology.I expected she was going to yell, dash for cover, complain to management, get me fired from my gym, or even dock me in the jaw.

1. Her reaction has stayed with me through all these years. No outrage, no embarrassment. She gave me an annoyed look (she was well within her rights to do that as I was the intruder); but she didn't dash for cover, she didn't throw her hands over her body. In fact she just stayed nude, minding her own business and heading to her locker as if I wasn't even there. As I mumbled my apology and exited pronto, I took one last look to see if she still wasn't fuming; and she wasn't. She was simply and calmly opening her locker room, still uncovered and still not paying me any mind.

1. It took me a minute to regain my composure; and I realized that I'd been more upset about the situation than she had! And that's when my admiration for her kicked in. How awesome was it that she could get "caught", and not be embarrassed, self-conscious or upset about it?! I never knew who she was but her confidence and comfort with nudity stayed with me.

1. I think she reacted the right way. By demonstrating comfort with nudity, you are setting a positive example, even if the person who "catches" you nude doesn't always get it. Not running for cover or freaking out gives you power over the situation; don't let anyone take that power from you.

This post was edited

As correctly said by others, act normally is the key here. Being Naked at a place intented to be cloths free place is normal and natural. I have been seen naked countless times in locker rooms, beaches, saunas, etc. Some people do not bother, while some have raised eyebrows, but I do not care much.But u have to be careful where you are getting naked, public places with Kids should be avoided

This post was edited

What do you do when you're caught naked?I just smile and pose for the picture which lasts longer LoL :-)

This post was edited