What everyone loves best... always.... MATHS?

I'm not particularly a pro at maths but I do like maths. I kind of miss my maths homeworks and all. Does anyone else like maths, and/or is willing to chat about it? I might not know everything you do but I love to learn :D

This topic was edited
RE: What everyone loves best... always.... MATHS?

This is the first time I have ever see the word math as a plural. Math is a shortened version of the word mathematics which I doubt if I have ever seen it as the singular, mathematic except when it is used as an adjective. English is a strange language.

This post was edited

Math and maths are equally acceptableabbreviations of mathematics. The only difference is that math is preferred in the U.S. and Canada, and maths is preferred in the U.K., Australia, and most other English-speaking areas of the world.

This post was edited

yes, in the u.s. when referring to math classes or courses we pluralize the word class or course. english may be a strange language with three same words with different spellings (their,there.they're/ to,two,too) and amazingly there are quite a few people who have trouble with that.

This post was edited

Thank you MOW. I just learned something,at least to me, new today. It's been said that the day you learn something new is not the day that you'll die. So I should be around for tomorrow.

This post was edited

well, i teach math(s) and i do love it. i was in scotland for three months several years ago and was able to sit in on some university classes in maths and really enjoyed going back to learn in the classroom after teaching for 20+ years. so, yes, we do call it math in the US but it was called maths in the UK. if nothing else, i have made a career out of maths and it has served me well for almost 40 years now. certainly i love it.

This post was edited

This is the first time I have ever see the word math as a plural. Math is a shortened version of the word mathematics which I doubt if I have ever seen it as the singular, mathematic except when it is used as an adjective. English is a strange language.
Wow didn't really expect that. :P French is my main language, and so I'm just used to saying "maths". I just had classes about statistic a while ago which was fun, and another in which we had to use matrices. I miss my math classes...

This post was edited

This started out to be about math, but seems tohave evolvedinto a language lesson instead.

This post was edited

Language lessons are fun too. :)

This post was edited

I wear clothes, while others wear cloths, to me a cloth is something I use to wipe up a mess.
As for maths I didn't mind the simple stuff but gave up with calculous, calculusor is that calculas or?
I rest my case coz I live in this crazy world.

This post was edited

But, not "everyone".Don't be an idiot. He's already stated that French is his first language. He was asking a question to everyone, not stating that everyone likes math. I actually meant it in a sarcastic way, like DOESN'T EVERYONE LOVE MATHS? SO AWESOME, MY ONLY WISH WOULD BE TO DIVIDE BY 0 LIKE A B0SS!
Anyway. But indeed, people don't like maths, but if there are math teachers here I'd love to chat :D

This post was edited