Club Orient in mid-April 2015

Hi all,
We are a couple in our 30s who will be visiting CO in mid April. This will be our first time visiting. Wanted to know if others had been there in April and can tell us a bit of what we can expect. Will it be crowded? Will the majority of guests be older retired couples or will there be others close to our ages? We don't consider ourselves nudists (yet anyway :) ), we have only been to nudist beaches last summer but want to try it again. We are a bit nervous but looking forward to it. We would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

This topic was edited
RE: Club Orient in mid-April 2015

Our first trip to Club O was first week of April 3 years ago (right after the rates drop). There are definitely more older guests, but there were some younger pre-retirement guests as well. One couple was there with a baby, so I doubt they were able to retire yet! It wasn't super crowded, but there were two rows of beach chairs filled between Papagyo's and The Perch. Days where cruise ships are in it gets busier between 10-4, then thins back out.

This post was edited

High season for St. Martin/Sint Maarten begins around mid December. When we visited in June, each year,severalof the shops and restaurants were closed during that time. In April, it should be warm and nice and everything will be open. We've only heard from friends that have visited during April and have not visited the island/resort ourselves that time of the year. As stated, many retired folks with a mix of younger people but thevastmajority of those visiting the resort at that time, according to our friends, is in the mid 40's through 70's. No matter, just go andHave a great time! We love SXM and miss it terribly.

This post was edited

You probably will not be the youngest at Club O, but younger than most. We visit in February and have never been in April. The couple staying next to us last year was maybe in their early 30s, possibly younger. Many guests are older, but its usually a nice mix. The Club O has a different atmosphere, where everyone is nude and comfortable. We enjoy going there and have met many friends over the years. I find it very relaxing. I hope you enjoy your trip.

This post was edited

Will be staying at Club O in mid-April for 10 days and have been going there in April since our honeymoon when we where in our mid-twenties. Well 25 years later we are still going back as age has never been is issue at Club O as its more about the fun people, cold drinks, tropical water and no tan lines. Nudist are just a fun and friendly, and some....a party bunch of people. 25 years ago we were on the young side and guess now we are in the middle. Many of the same groups of people going back at the same time each year.. Mostly people there this time of year are 50+ but a fair number in their 40's...and some wonderful people we know that are in their 80's. There are a fair number of day trippers to the Club O beach off the cruise ships and other places on the island in their 20's and 30's. From a percentage I would say...10% - 20-30; 10%-30-40; 30%- 40-60; 30% - 60-70 and 20% 70-90. But lets face it...a nude vacation is not cheap and most 30 somethings don't have the money and St Martin is not a party island...so less younger people on the island in general.

This post was edited

...also if you have St Martin and CO questions try https://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=stmartin Travel Talk On Line board. A wealth of knowledge from textiles and nudists alike.

This post was edited

The percentages I noted are for the beach! Those actually staying at Club Orient in the April time frame ...80-90% are 50+

This post was edited