Cruise ships, some have clothing optional decks.

I am going on the Carnival Breeze does anyone know if it has a clothing optional deck? They have an adult only deck, but it does not look the same as a clothing optional deck. It is usually a small area at the very tallest part of the ship, open top, with chest high sides. I know the Liberty does I have been naked there most of the cruise....... Thanks any help would be appreciated..

This topic was edited
RE: Cruise ships, some have clothing optional decks.

Your best bet for these kinds of questions is to check out the Cruise Critic Forums. I know Carnival had a topless deck back in 1997 when we took our first cruise for our honeymoon. But since then, the only other Carnival cruise that we've been on that had any nudity allowed was the Bare Necessities nude cruise on the Carnival Freedom in 2013!

This post was edited

Bare Necessities Tour and Travel is your destination for Clothing-Optional and Nude Cruises. https://www.cruisenude.com/

This post was edited

We've been on a few Carnival Cruises from 2002-2007. ALL cruises, at that time, had a "European Deck" which meant that women could go topless but only one of those cruises, as I recall, had this small group that asked for permission and it was granted, to be nude on that deck. Because of the air temps and the wind caused by the ship sailing ... it was too cold for many to go up there and try it, although there were a couple. My wife and I had heard of the EuropeanDeck and wanted to check it out. It was cold enough my wife was not wanting tolay out. We saw theunusedlounge chairs all stacked near the glass wall at the bow end of the deck. This small group had arranged dozens of unused lounges and made themselves a small, private sunning area near the glass wall, looking out over the bow of the ship. There were 5 or 6 people, they were nude but had permission to do so. I think the permission was given because the deck was not being used except for a couple of brave women and this group. I'd asked laterif that deck had ever been used for clothing optional use andI was told that a group had been using it that day. We were up there thinking about it when they were up there doing it, but we didn't know that at the time! Had we'd known, I'm certain we would have asked to join them. :-)

This post was edited

Bare Necessities Tour and Travel is your destination for Clothing-Optional and Nude Cruises. https://www.cruisenude.com/Our next cruise with them is just seven days away! They are a little more expensive, but you don't have to research ahead of time whether a particular ship has a topless area while sailing particular routes, or whether it will be fully nude during your cruise. You just need to know where the main dining room and specialty restaurants are, since they are the only places where you can't be nude.

This post was edited

Bare Necessities Tour and Travel is your destination for Clothing-Optional and Nude Cruises. https://www.cruisenude.com/Our next cruise with them is just seven days away! They are a little more expensive, but you don't have to research ahead of time whether a particular ship has a topless area while sailing particular routes, or whether it will be fully nude during your cruise. You just need to know where the main dining room and specialty restaurants are, since they are the only places where you can't be nude.Lucky dogs!!!

This post was edited

The Carnival cruise we took in 2003 had a topless deck up top. Official or not, they arraigned the chairs in a semi circle so there was a nude area of about 15-18 people. I'll have to look up the name of the ship.

This post was edited

The Carnival cruise we took in 2003 had a topless deck up top. Official or not, they arraigned the chairs in a semi circle so there was a nude area of about 15-18 people. I'll have to look up the name of the ship.Like I said earlier in the thread, check out Cruise Critic. They had a thread in the 2010-2011 time frame stating that Carnival was getting rid of the topless deck on their non-European itineraries. There was a whole group devoted to sailing with Carnival and using that deck. They called themselves the Whales Tales, and reported which ships were friendly to full nude use of that deck. Didn't keep up with the status once we found Bare Necessities and started going on cruises where the whole ship was nude. In casual reading of the periodic threads that invariably show up there, it sounds like Norwegian might be the new line to look to for a sanctioned topless deck.

This post was edited

Hope to hear from someone who has recently sailed with either

This post was edited

I am going on the Carnival Breeze does anyone know if it has a clothing optional deck? They have an adult only deck, but it does not look the same as a clothing optional deck. It is usually a small area at the very tallest part of the ship, open top, with chest high sides. I know the Liberty does I have been naked there most of the cruise....... Thanks any help would be appreciated..

This post was edited

I have been on many Carnival Cruses. Sorry to say much of what I am looking for is not available on most cruise ships any longer! If you want to run around in a thong, or less you will be, as I, one of the very few, always on the lookout. The cost of an all nude cruise is holding me back from going. Not sure why they are more expensive and limited. I say they should all be clothing optional. I would be game! I would say write your cruise director, or cruise line company of choice, I have!

This post was edited