Sports Illustrated

This may sound off topic for TN and a stretch but stay with me. Anyone notice that Sports Illustrated's swimsuit edition seems to be moving society to acceptance of nudity? That's the stretch as I know it is really seductive attraction they are going for so people buy the magazine and look at the ads. However, I notice the swimsuits have gotten smaller and smaller with a lot more thongs for this year's suit bottoms and a lot of shots with the models topless or even nude but with arms, knees, etc. providing the coverage. For example the pictures of Kate Bock on the pier. In addition, many pictures have the models pulling at their bottoms like they'd rather get them off. As society sees this more and more of this I hope people begin to accept it. Of course with it being models with media's image of the perfect body it can backfire as well. SI did have one 'plus size' model this year,Robyn Lawley, at size 12.
So is Sports Illustrated working toward finding the perfect swimsuit, the skin, and is society accepting it?
Again, a stretch but an interesting discussion.

This topic was edited
RE: Sports Illustrated

So is Sports Illustrated working toward finding the perfect swimsuit, the skin, and is society accepting it?No. As you said, SI is exploiting sexuality and as-close-as-we-can-get-but-not-quite nudity. They are selling tiny pieces of fabric at ridiculous prices and the fantasy of hot women in exotic locations.
We _might_ see swimsuit fashions follow what is presented in SI, maybe.

This post was edited