Empty Nest Syndrome...what did you do?

Okay, so this topic is directed towards the lovely couples and parents who now "suffer" (-or suffered) from EMPTY NEST SYNDROME.
Now that you have no more kids to worry about in the house, what will you end up doing with your time?
more specifically...
what changed in your house?
how often do you see the kids?
what got better and what got worse?

This topic was edited
RE: Empty Nest Syndrome...what did you do?

That's a good question. Not much changed for us since we both were still working. We were a free storage space for our kids belongings so it was hard changing their rooms to new uses. One of the most difficult things was to get them to give up their house keys and have them knock when they came over, or better yet to call first. It's been a while now but we still have a lot of their junk to get rid of. We've gotten rid of a lot of stuff and never mentioned it and it hasn't been missed yet.

This post was edited

Good god I feel so sad reading that reply. It seems like such a life-changing moment once that happens, it's something you can't force upon or change back to the past.
You have to accept it and go with it at the same time.
Thank you so much for that answer.

This post was edited

This an interesting topic. I will be interested to see the responses as we are quickly approaching that time with our youngest heading out to college this fall.

This post was edited

Okay, so this topic is directed towards the lovely couples and parents who now "suffer" (-or suffered) from EMPTY NEST SYNDROME.Now that you have no more kids to worry about in the house, what will you end up doing with your time?more specifically...what changed in your house?how often do you see the kids?what got better and what got worse?It's been sometime since we became "empty nesters." In the beginning ... it was party central! We went out to dinner quite often, killed copious bottles of wine ... got reacquainted in every room in the house ... and outside! But then the fact that the girls were gone set in and it was an adjustment. The oldest came home from school one weekend a month for the first two years. She also came home for most of the summer those first two years. She made tons of money teaching swimming lessons in our backyard. Her junior year, we saw her less. The youngest was still in HS but very active and had an active social life. We kinda got a taste of "empty nest" during her Junior and Senior year and by then, the oldest wasn't coming home as much ... we were driving down to a mid way point to visit. The youngest started college and then it was a true empty nest.
What changed/ what did we end up doing; we were naked ALL the time. We had no hesitation with coming in the house and dropping our clothes, starting in the garage. We missed our girls terribly but we began to get reacquainted with each other again. We started visiting our nude beach and some clubs. We began our social nudism journey and loved it. We had a few couples back to our house for hot tubbing and socializing. We were married young and didn't have that type of social life and so we were enjoying that part.
We saw the girls at least every other weekend. In the beginning of their college freshman year, we saw them almost every weekend ... until they made some friends, then it was every other weekend. We were both working so we took advantage of every weekday we had when I we were both off and most weekends we were off together and the girls were not coming home. They were only 1.5 hrs away so ... if we needed or wanted to see them, we'd pick a city in the middle to meet. They always enjoyed that because mom and dad usually wrote a check or had cash to get them through to the next allotment.
The worse part was not having them home all the time. The best part ... not having them home all the time. It's certainly an adjustment for all of you/us but along with not having them home all the time ... another plus was that "we" spent more quality time together and our relationship took off where it had stopped when we became parents. We didn't have a young adult life ... married and having a child at age 21/20. So ... we made up for it! :D
Ironically ... the meeting point city were we met, while they were in school, is where we ALL live now! They are 10-15 mins away but we still have our space and they still respect our privacy and always text or call when they are coming over. When they get ready to leave, they always say ... "we'll get outta your hair so you guys can get comfy!" They know, they've participated and they support and respect our way of life.

This post was edited

In my first reply I unfortunately dwelt mostly on the negative side which in reality were minor issues. On the positive side, our social nudism experiences flourished. We now have the opportunities to go out a lot more with nudist friends and attend nudist activities. During the summer there is hardly a weekend that we don't have a party to attend and we have planned events to attend once or twice a month during the cooler months. At home nudism is now the norm and not the exception. On the whole I would say that empty nest syndrome has been a more positive experience than a negative one. When you're nude or can be nude everything is good.

This post was edited

I'm afraid my "empty nest" is different from most. I don't want this to be a downer, however. The last kid was away in college when I retired, but within the month I suddenly lost my best friend/companion and wife. Not the life I had envisioned. Today I travel, visit nude resorts and beaches and go to several nudist clubs, but usually alone. I spend a lot of time (and gas) visiting my grandkids which have been joyous times. I would love to find a healthy, active, fun-loving young lady to join me in my travels.

This post was edited

We are not empty nesters, one of our adult children still lives home.
However, several empty nesters we know have commented that one advantage is you can be naked at home any time you want to.
I even remember asking a friend of a friend who I didn't even know very well how they were adjusting now that his adult son had moved back home. The first thing he said was "I can't go around the house naked."

This post was edited

What did we do? The wife cried for a day or two when the final son left and as she said , 'I got over it.'
I know we both felt tired in general and ready for some rest. We invested the time once spent raising kids to investing the time in ourselves. We absolutely love it! I was 52 years old when I got the first room to myself I could do anything with.

I found money in my pocket I didn't have before, the wife was happy about the grocery bill now slashed,
we got to hang out with each other in a quiet house. It does help that my wife and I love being with each other nearly 24/7. The kids all check in periodically by phone and we do see one son that lives an hour away a few times a month. One is in the military so not very much at all. One is a touring musician so that is hit and miss. All of the are doing well in their careers.

We LOVE being empty nesters!

This post was edited

What did we do? The wife cried for a day or two when the final son left and as she said , 'I got over it.'I know we both felt tired in general and ready for some rest. We invested the time once spent raising kids to investing the time in ourselves. We absolutely love it! I was 52 years old when I got the first room to myself I could do anything with.I found money in my pocket I didn't have before, the wife was happy about the grocery bill now slashed,we got to hang out with each other in a quiet house. It does help that my wife and I love being with each other nearly 24/7. The kids all check in periodically by phone and we do see one son that lives an hour away a few times a month. One is in the military so not very much at all. One is a touring musician so that is hit and miss. All of the are doing well in their careers.We LOVE being empty nesters!

Do you spend more time nude than you did when your children lived at home?

This post was edited

What did we do? The wife cried for a day or two when the final son left and as she said , 'I got over it.'I know we both felt tired in general and ready for some rest. We invested the time once spent raising kids to investing the time in ourselves. We absolutely love it! I was 52 years old when I got the first room to myself I could do anything with.I found money in my pocket I didn't have before, the wife was happy about the grocery bill now slashed,we got to hang out with each other in a quiet house. It does help that my wife and I love being with each other nearly 24/7. The kids all check in periodically by phone and we do see one son that lives an hour away a few times a month. One is in the military so not very much at all. One is a touring musician so that is hit and miss. All of the are doing well in their careers.We LOVE being empty nesters!Do you spend more time nude than you did when your children lived at home?

Oh yes because it was possible. Birth mom (Ex) would not allow something like open nudity around the kids. So we did the dance when they were gone to when they were home. It was a silly thing because they knew we were nudist but necessary.

This post was edited