US instead of International date system

Why does this website use the US date system instead of the International date system?

This topic was edited
RE: US instead of International date system

But the US system is illogical. Day Month Year, or Year Month Day is logical.

This post was edited

OK. I understand.
The 300 million people in the US must always supersede the 6.3 Billion people in the rest of the world.

This post was edited

Actually, 99% will use the day month year. Except in the US of course.

This post was edited

Whoa!
It was just a comment.
I work in Asia Pacific area, I have many date formats to deal with.... My regional office is in Bangkok and the year here is 2543!!!!
Which date is really correct? I see that it depends upon you religion. But that is another topic.

I wish that everyone understands the differences in the world.

This post was edited

The International System was set up for specific purposes. Scientists, diplomats and people who must work internationally follow this system.

Locally, people continue to use whatever system they prefer. In Canada, I can relate to km/h and degrees Celsius, but will still buy my potatoes by the pound and give my own height in feet and inches. Some things caught on, others didn't.

What's funny is when people from different countries come here and mingle with the "older" generation which never adjusted to metric at all. Some years back, someone from the Middle East was speaking to some Canadians on a bus in a Canadian city. He mentioned that every now and then, the temperature could go down to zeroin the country where he was from. The Canadians replied that it RARELY ever went down to zero in their part of Canada, which was NewBrunswick.

I couldn't help laughing. The truth is if the temperature is in degrees Celsius, the temperature is almost always below zero in the wintertime (this current year being an exception). If the foreigner wound up staying,he would have learned it soon enough... the hard way!

This post was edited

Sorry. I wanted to have an inteligent discussion on the topic. If you are unable to be intelligent then I am sorry for you.

This post was edited

Hurray,
Someone that understands there is a world outside the US.....
I fully understand that the US is is the leader in many facets of technology. But it has never fully adopted the metric system, nor matched the date system that is used in most of the rest of the world.
I open this topic because it causes confusion. Mostly I want people to be aware of the differneces.
My ideal is that the whole world subscribes to the the same format (whatever that is). Now that is not the case. So those people that work internationally need to be aware of the different formats....

This post was edited

Again I am sorry that I tried to have an intellectual conversation with you which you have confirmed that you are not capable of doing. You should also note that I have not sent you a PM sincethe time that you made it clear that your mind is closed to anything outside the US.
You may continue to live in your banal world of US centric thinking exclusive of the majority.
PS: I am not anti US, I belive that the US isgreat country that has lead the world in many in many ways. However, I consider that the thinking is sometimes insular and not in step with with 2010.

This post was edited

The most useful system is Year:Month:Day. This system allows for filing in date order which none of the other systems do. That's why library systems around the world use it in their catalogue records. The system is also used in computer systems to provide date order and now that we're using the full four digits for the year, we won't have any problems until the end of the year 9999 when the 'milennium' bug will rear its ugly head again.

This post was edited

The USA is a lot of things, one of those things being is illogical. One simple example being, separation of church and state however all our states do is pander and enforce the whims of religious zealots. Another being like I mentioned earlier we allow our selves to be 48% owned by a communist party, yet we went through all that trouble in the 40's and 50's to stamp or the red devil! These things are very illogical. BTW: speaking my opinions and perspective is not 'flamming' it's called conversation and my right to free speech. If you don't like it ignore it. edit: correction it was Einstein's definition for insanity
Seperation of church and state means there is no established religion. King George felt that he should not consider the Pope the head of the church and felt he should be. He created the Anglican Church and declared it was the official church of England. Our country was founded my people of strong religious convictions and therefore laws were written accordingly. In the past few decades our "Freedom of Religion" has become freedom from religion due to actions of an avowed athiest. That is a far cry from "pander and enforce the whims of religious zealots"

This post was edited