Private Profiles

I know this topic has been discussed in the past but it has come up again. I am an Administrator of a group but I often get membership requests from people with private profiles. I see no reason to approve their membership in the group. I don't know what benefit these people receive by being a part of a group that they can't participate in. Does anyone have any ideas why it makes sense to have a private profile and to join groups that you really can't be a part of? For what reason should I approve of these membership requests?

This topic was edited
RE: Private Profiles

Your Question:
For what reason should I approve of these membership requests?
Your Answer:
I see no reason to approve their membership in the group.
It seems pretty simple. Asked and answered.

Are you really willing to bend the rules and give exemptions to those that do not meet the current qualifications to be a member of your group?
Your group, your rules.

This post was edited

I moderate groups on this site as well as others. The main reason I restrict membership is to validate that people are truly interested in the topics of the group. I judge this by what they have in their profiles. If their profiles are blank or private I have no way of knowing they're actually the type of person who's interested in the group and now someone who would cause problems.
I notice a lot of the nudist groups on sites like Facebook that have problems like getting posts reported and having the group closed are those that are open to the public. There's always going to be people who believe it's their jobs to police the internet and report things that offend THEM when those who are interested in the topics aren't being harmed.

This post was edited

Your Question:For what reason should I approve of these membership requests?
Your Answer:
I see no reason to approve their membership in the group.
It seems pretty simple. Asked and answered.

Are you really willing to bend the rules and give exemptions to those that do not meet the current qualifications to be a member of your group?
Your group, your rules.

Connor nailed it. Exactly!

This post was edited

Maybe you should spell it out in the group rules section, that to be a member you MUST have an open profile or you will be denied membership.

This post was edited

If people want to remain private, they should stay off the internet. I am fed up with getting friend requests from those with private or empty profiles.

This post was edited

If people want to remain private, they should stay off the internet. I am fed up with getting friend requests from those with private or empty profiles.Same here!!!!!

This post was edited

It does seem a bit unfair that people can look at others while not being seen themselves,in the real world would they be called peeping toms lol

This post was edited

While I understand not being particularly social, I don't understand why one would be on a networking site and then not give anyone access to information that would help them to see if you have sufficient common interests to start a dialog. Go figure.

This post was edited

Thank you for all your input. I will proceed accordingly. DR.

This post was edited

I know this topic has been discussed in the past but it has come up again. I am an Administrator of a group but I often get membership requests from people with private profiles. I see no reason to approve their membership in the group. I don't know what benefit these people receive by being a part of a group that they can't participate in. Does anyone have any ideas why it makes sense to have a private profile and to join groups that you really can't be a part of? For what reason should I approve of these membership requests?I could not agree with you more. Why do some people need to have private profiles, what do they have to hide above anyone else, what makes them so special? How are you supposed to get to know them and see if you have anything in common?How can they be a part of any group if there is nothing to be seen about them and that any of us would be able to use to make a new friend. As said below, your group, your rules, if they are not willing to open their profile to all to view, then don't approve. It is unfair, specially on a naturist social network.

This post was edited