Have you ever been arrested for nudity?

• One of my greatest fears (besides getting an erection, lol) is being arrested or caught by the neighbors for being nude. I have been to several nudity tolerated beaches, Playalinda, Apollo, Hering Cove. I have also been nude on several secluded beaches where nudity was not allowed. I have hiked nude in secluded areas. I spend much time in my backyard in the nude. I have a pool and a fence, but it would be fairly easy for someone to see me if they put some effort into it. I am sure a couple of neighbors have seen me and assumed I had nothing on. So far, no one has said anything. Have I been lucky or do I need to be more careful so that I do not get caught? It seems that I get more daring now that I am retired and I am not risking losing my job for being arrested. What are your experiences?

This topic was edited
RE: Have you ever been arrested for nudity?

No, I have not. Actually I think this fear is part of the reason we do not have the freedom to be nude. Much of the problem is self imposed in that most of us are afraid of what *might* happen if caught by someone when in reality I believe most people don't really care unless you are being inappropriate or lewd. I spend most of my day nude and go out in the backyard to enjoy it, take care of the pool, swim, lay out several times a day, all nude, and in have two two story homes overlooking the yard. The neighbors don't care. They may think, oh he's nude again and think it is strange, but no complaints and they don't care. We did say years ago to them we are not shy and they might see us and the reaction was essentially, whatever.
I also know from being at friends homes and a previous home of ours and accidentally seeing that other people skinny dip, lay out topless etc. I really don't think it's as uncommon and unaccepted as many think. It's just the very vocal minority that scream when they see more skin than they are used to.

This post was edited

I agree. I think most people don't care as long as you don't flaunt it. Just don't go to place or do things that are inappropriate. If more people did that then perhaps nudity would be more accepted.

This post was edited

I also have hiked nude in secludedplaces, and spend much time in my backyard in the nude. I also have a fence, but again it would be fairly easy for someone to see me also if they put some effort into it. I am sure some of neighbors have seen me with nothing on. So far also, no one has said anything. I have been lucky. I also hike through the field to the lake nude to go skinny dippingputtingon shorts at certain times, but I know people on bikes, in cars or people jogging have seen me. Maybe they don't recognise a naked man from the distance, or don't care? Anyone from CO want to go? I am a bit daring but hope to never be arrested for just being me!

This post was edited

Nope!

This post was edited

Nope!Ditto!

This post was edited

Nope!Ditto!
Ditto

This post was edited

Embarrassment is not the concern. Nor is a minor fine. The problem is that even a misdemeanor can put you on the Sexual predator's list and that would be devastating. It is improbable but possible and that possibility is very worrisome for me.

This post was edited

Uh, no. And don't intend to.

This post was edited

Many years ago- Yes I was. It was at Playalinda near Cape Canaveral. I was laying out nude, no one close to me. I got up and went into the water for a quick dip and as I returned to my spot, I saw a Beach Patrol guy walking towards me. He basically told me I was under arrest for public nudity and to gather my belongings and to walk back to the parking lot. He followed behind me and in fact asked if I had any type of weapons on me. So there I am walking past other sunbathers with the Patrol following me in plain sight. Once back to the Patrol car, he issues me a summons to appear in Federal Court in Orlando. After a couple of weeks I get the date and time to appear. There must have been 30-40 of us appearing at the same time. All ages, sexes and backgrounds.. All nervous as hell, many fearing this would cause peril for their future and employment. Fortunately there was a lawyer from AANR who advised us all what to expect and what to plead. We each were called up by the judge and asked how we pled. Not Guilty was pled by everyone. Eventually we were all dismissed back to our homes and advised more contact , if needed, would be sent us via mail. Long story, short.. All charges were dropped and the nightmare was over. This was during the time a newer administrator was in charge and was against nudity and apparently wanted to show his displeasure against the nudist community who have historically gone there. Therefore I stayed away from this beach for at least two years. I wound up going several times after that without any problem, thankfully.

This post was edited

Many years ago- Yes I was. It was at Playalinda near Cape Canaveral. I was laying out nude, no one close to me. I got up and went into the water for a quick dip and as I returned to my spot, I saw a Beach Patrol guy walking towards me. He basically told me I was under arrest for public nudity and to gather my belongings and to walk back to the parking lot. He followed behind me and in fact asked if I had any type of weapons on me. So there I am walking past other sunbathers with the Patrol following me in plain sight. Once back to the Patrol car, he issues me a summons to appear in Federal Court in Orlando. After a couple of weeks I get the date and time to appear. There must have been 30-40 of us appearing at the same time. All ages, sexes and backgrounds.. All nervous as hell, many fearing this would cause peril for their future and employment. Fortunately there was a lawyer from AANR who advised us all what to expect and what to plead. We each were called up by the judge and asked how we pled. Not Guilty was pled by everyone. Eventually we were all dismissed back to our homes and advised more contact , if needed, would be sent us via mail. Long story, short.. All charges were dropped and the nightmare was over. This was during the time a newer administrator was in charge and was against nudity and apparently wanted to show his displeasure against the nudist community who have historically gone there. Therefore I stayed away from this beach for at least two years. I wound up going several times after that without any problem, thankfully.Thanks for the story. I had heard that there was a period of time when they were cracking down at Playalinda. Was there anyone else nude on the beach that day? Glad you did not get into trouble and glad they don't enforce any anti-nudity laws there today. Hope they don't decide to do so. Playalinda is my favorite beach!

This post was edited