Male *vs* Female Toplessness/Being Shirtless

I'm going to post thisquestion both the Men's Room as well as the Women's Room to get both perspectives. I welcome your friend requests, too.
Why, at least in America, is it so socially acceptable for men go shirtless, and it's so unacceptable for women to do so?
I think it's utterly stupid and defies logical explanation, but what do you think?
Jim ShortsTexas Naturists Group (here and on Facebook)

This topic was edited
RE: Male *vs* Female Toplessness/Being Shirtless

I'm going to post thisquestion both the Men's Room as well as the Women's Room to get both perspectives. I welcome your friend requests, too.Why, at least in America, is it so socially acceptable for men go shirtless, and it's so unacceptable for women to do so?I think it's utterly stupid and defies logical explanation, but what do you think?Jim ShortsTexas Naturists Group (here and on Facebook)Just one of many things thatare "utterly stupid and defies logical explanation". I'm considering starting a thread requesting others to listthings, situations, ideasandbeliefs that are utterly stupid and defies logical explanation.

This post was edited

This is an excerpt from a CBC News article this past weekend.
"A rally organized by three sisters who say they were stopped by a
police officer for cycling topless a week ago drew hundreds of people in
Waterloo, Ont., today, according to posts on social media.
The "Bare With Us" rally at Waterloo Town Square aimed to educate
people and police about women'sright to be topless in public.
"It was very, very amazing. It was really well-attended and the
people who came were very supportive," Alysha Mohamed,a Juno-nominated
singer who goes by the stage name AlyshaBrilla, told CBC News. At least
300 people showed up, she said."

This post was edited

If men are topless, women should be able to as well.

This post was edited

I agree

This post was edited

Set Those Boobies Free

This post was edited

Reminds me of the 1930's lyrics: 'It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing'

This post was edited

If men are topless, women should be able to as well.Or men should have to wear bikini tops !
I see no problems with toplessness (male or female) or nudity in public areas either. After all the human body isn't shameful is it?

This post was edited

I have commented on a few go topless threads on Facebook but its the ladies that come out with all the fire and brimstone that amuse me. Many threatening those who participate on Aug 23rd with violence and calling the police.The ones that really give me a chuckle are the ones that threaten physical abuse if their hubby or kids see a bare booby on the proposed protest gatherings.
My response is of course with the protesters and wish them all the best and hope they win thru. Topless for anyone who wants to be.

This post was edited

I personally see no problem with bare chested women or naked for that matter. Nude is not lewd...
But, remember that the new world (primarily North America) was founded by the political, social, and religious outcasts of the European societies of England, France, and Spain. As such, they brought with them their beliefs and practices with social deviation. Since a large number of these settlers were "puritan", their beliefs dominated the social and political scene.
The main religious and social impact was that it was a SIN to do anything that leads someone else into sin, particularly sexual sins such as lust. The ministers taught that to be seen naked was a sin. If someone saw you naked and had lustful or impure thoughts, it was your sin not theirs as you were naked.
This philosophy is thoroughly wrong and backwards. You cannot sin based on the outcome of another's actions. Sin must and is of you own volition. If you act in a lewd or lascivious manner, the sin is yours. If you lust after someone,you have sinned.
This basic principle is the basis of most of our repressive views on nudity in North America and to a lesser degree the rest of the world.

This post was edited

I personally see no problem with bare chested women or naked for that matter. Nude is not lewd...But, remember that the new world (primarily North America) was founded by the political, social, and religious outcasts of the European societies of England, France, and Spain. As such, they brought with them their beliefs and practices with social deviation. Since a large number of these settlers were "puritan", their beliefs dominated the social and political scene.The main religious and social impact was that it was a SIN to do anything that leads someone else into sin, particularly sexual sins such as lust. The ministers taught that to be seen naked was a sin. If someone saw you naked and had lustful or impure thoughts, it was your sin not theirs as you were naked.This philosophy is thoroughly wrong and backwards. You cannot sin based on the outcome of another's actions. Sin must and is of you own volition. If you act in a lewd or lascivious manner, the sin is yours. If you lust after someone,you have sinned.This basic principle is the basis of most of our repressive views on nudity in North America and to a lesser degree the rest of the world."If you lust after someone,you have sinned." Marilyn Monroe caused a whole generation of men to sin.

This post was edited